The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
$182
$161
Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$253
Westin.com
$354
$339
  • Pool
All reviewscamelback mountainthe main hotelgolf courseprivate poolthirsty camelhalf bathcoffee servicemoment you arrivejg steakhouseone bedroom suitepool attendantil terrazzogolf cart rideturn down serviceeach morninglarge balconyspecial shout
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Wow- this property is absolutely beautiful and the service is supreme.

When you arrive at the gate, the staff are notified of your arrival so when you pull up to the front door, the ambassador is there waiting fo greet you. Your car is unloaded and you are accompanied to your room by the ambassador who provides a brief orientation to the property and services.

They are there to assist you with anything you want or need. Want to go shopping - they will chauffeur you in their Mercedes house car and pick you up when you are done.

The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The wine-tastings are great every afternoon. The pool area is quiet and the service there is also great. They automatically bring you a pitcher of water when you sit down by the pool. Private cabanas are also available.

The only suggestion I would have is to incorporate an on-site restaurant so that you don't have to go over to the main resort or order room services to enjoy a meal.

I would return to this property in a flash. Wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I'm obsessed. This was the perfect place to stay for my honeymoon. The staff treated us like royalty.

Room Tip: loved my pool view room, 8223
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Just had a 3 day stay here with my wife and daughter. One of the best vacation experiences of my life. A really nice suite with plenty of space, and in good condition. A great patio looking out over the pool. Some of the best service I have seen anywhere in the world - Julian, Tony, Danae and the other members of the Ambassador team did everything they could to make everything about our stay perfect. The hotel itself gives you all of the amenities of the Phoenician but with the privacy of a boutique resort. The service at the pool was perfect too, with Brian doing everything he could to make sure we enjoyed ourselves.
I have stayed in lots of great hotels so it's easy for me to get cynical about promises of good service (as so often they over promise but under deliver), but boy do these guys do a good job. We will be back, and often!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Ian_M_T
PhoenicianManager, Manager at The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I am so pleased to hear our Canyon Suites service exceeded your expectations. We strive for excellence in every aspect of the guest experience, committed to ensuring each visitor has a memorable, personalized stay. I will be happy to share your comments with the ambassadors you mentioned in your review. We look forward to having you and your family with us again in the near future.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We were upgraded to the Canyon Suites. Same basic room layout as the rest of the hotel--huge room and bath with great lanai. I would guess that the decor has been more opulently and recently done (it's been a few years since I stayed in the main part of the resort). Peaceful colors and the BEST mattress of any US hotel I've experienced. Overall a STUNNING room that was perfectly maintained. Very clean and no smells. Sheets could have been softer. I asked for a cotton blanket to replace the down comforter and after some searching the housekeeping staff found some for us. But, the extra blanket in the room was a yukky poly. Why hot climate hotels insist on down I'll never know. They get smelly and are way too hot for the climate. The staff was superb. Our hotel rate included bicycles which we took out on a ride around neighboring residential areas. The huge pool that is in the Canyon Suites complex was edgeless and perfect for laps. The hot tub was private and in a gorgeous setting. The parking is right under the Canyon Suites which makes for a convenient in and out. Outside of one major error--a voice mail from housekeeping at 10:49 pm--which lit up the room and woke us up, it was a memorable, restful and gorgeous stay. Every thing a resort should be.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Because the resort was fully booked when we arrived, my husband and I were upgraded to the presidential.

The staff was extremely accommodating and ready to please.

We never explored the property because we were there for only 1 night and we never wanted to leave the suite.

If I had anything to complain about it would be the room service. Very pricey.

• Stayed: November 2011

We are so pleased to learn that you found your stay in our Presidential Suite to be so memorable. The Canyon Suites is designed to provide a more intimate, personalized guest experience, complemented by many exclusive services and amenities. As a Five Diamond property, the feedback from our guests is very beneficial as we continue to review and enhance our offerings. Your comments will be included in our operational reviews. Thank you for taking the time to share! We look forward to having you with us again.