“Phoenix Open”
Review of La Hacienda

La Hacienda
Reserve with OpenTable
La Hacienda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,256 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd. and Princess Dr.
Description: Uncover Scottsdale's top rated Mexican restaurant experience at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, La Hacienda by Richard Sandoval, and indulge in a delectable paradise of fresh, Modern Mexican cuisine. Richard Sandoval brings the vibrant flavors and ingredients of Mexico into the culinary spotlight, combining the bold taste of classic Mexican cuisine with timeless European cooking techniques. This lighter, ingredient-driven approach showcases a bold new taste for La Hacienda, which offers guests an upscale, sophisticated dining atmosphere for the modern day, while still cherishing the traditions of the past. This much-loved Scottsdale Mexican dining spot has re-opened to bring guests a refreshing new take on authentic Southwestern dining in the heart of Scottsdale. Come see what we mean by "Old Ways, New Hands" as you savor classic Mexican recipes in enticing new ways, featuring fresh, indigenous ingredients, lighter dishes and unexpected pairings of traditional foods. Dine amid warm, Spanish architecture, wood-beamed ceilings, flagstone and beehive fireplaces, all accented by modern urban touches, new upholstery, lighting fixtures and a brand new main entrance showcasing the new tequila bar. Guests may enjoy light table fare in the entry patio with its four fire pits, or reserve the private patio or interior semi-private rooms for special occasions.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Phoenix Open”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Food was very good. Service was good. Being form New Mexico we were unsure of Mexican Food in Scottsdale. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was spicy!

Visited January 2014

Calgary, Canada
“True Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Absolutely delicious. Sampled many different dishes in our group and loved every one of them. Dessert is a must so save room!

Visited February 2013
Dallas
“Upscale Restaurant and Food”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here on a recent business trip to Scottsdale. After considering several restaurants we chose La Hacienda...no regrets. Loved the atmosphere. It was quiet enough for conversation and appropriately lit for a relaxing meal. He had an excellent margarita. I appreciated being able to get a quality glass of wine in a Mexican restaurant. Tableside guacamole was very good. Our entrees were delicious, but sadly we had no room for dessert. Service was very attentive throughout the meal. We both really enjoyed this dining experience. You cannot park near the restaurant, so if you are not a guest at the Fairmont, plan to valet.

• Visited January 2014
SC
“Best Mexican restaurant EVER!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I was in Scottsdale on business and went to La Hacienda alone. The service was excellent. I was even offered a magazine to read since I was by myself. Very attentive waitress named Amy who made sure I had everything I needed and made menu suggestions. The Diablo margarita was great, and very spicy. Skirt steak was cooked perfectly and was very flavorful. Oh, and try the chorizo empanadas! Everything was excellent! I will definitely go back on my next trip to Scottsdale. The restaurant will validate the valet parking at the Fairmont.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Absolutely incredible experience!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Our party of four had an amazing dining experience at La Hacienda last night. Wow.

We started with tableside guacamole, highly recommended. Then we had a killer Tequila flight, followed up with Maestro Doebel margaritas, another wow, a must-try.

The ladies enjoyed the salmon, I had the Pork Carnitas, and my friend had the lamb. All dishes were superb.

My wife also enjoyed a Cafe Acapulco, which was prepared on a rolling cart with a fire display. So cool!

The service was absolutely wonderful, and Ryan the General Manager was kind enough to visit our table and make excellent recommendations.

La Hacienda is a hidden jewel, and I highly recommend a visit. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2014