“It's ALODA meata!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,282 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South of E Lincoln Dr
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I love the concept of this restaurant. It's pretty simple.

Tons and tons of meat on a stick! My favorite was the signature beef and the filet Mignon.

My least favorite was the lamb shank and the rolled pork item. I don't know why pork seems to always be overcooked. This was no exception and the lamb was good but I didn't care for the pepper crust.

The service was nice and the salad bar is incredible but I don't actually want salad when my flat fee bill will be $50. (I actually know how to make salad at home!) :-)

I will also say that the mojito was fresh and delicious. It was a good cocktail. We went on a Friday night and the place was PACKED full so make a reservation.

You have to go at least once to check out this dinning EVENT!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

You had better be hungry....there is more food than you can ever eat, no matter how much of a glutton you may be. The service is over the top. So plan to spend some serious time here, this is not a place to "eat and run."

The restaurant sits on an out parcel along the western side of Scottsdale Road in, across from the Sevilla shopping center, in an otherwise undistinguished shopping center. If you are coming from the north, it is easy to overshoot your destination, as the signage is not really visible until you are on top of the restaurant, especially at night. There is not much parking adjacent to the restaurant, so you may have to poach a spot in one of the rows of the shopping center and walk a little in order to get to the restaurant.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was a gastronomic experience which I will never forget. The whole evening was special in every way ,our waiter Pietro was extreemly attentive and very profesional as were the rest of the staff . The food has to be seen to be believed especialy the steaks. I highly recomend this restaurant

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We enjoyed the buffet where you can have all kind of salads and more, and of course the meat which is served on request from mobile skewers. The meat was absolutely perfect. The service was excellent and the Chilian wine which was recommended by the sommelier, superb. The " tres leches" dessert is amazing. Excellent time spend there for the food and the atmosphere.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have heard of Brazilian steakhouses, but have none within easy driving distance of our hometown.While in Phoenix visiting our son and girlfriend,we treated them to an early birthday dinner.We chose a Friday evening, so it was busy,but with reservations(which are highly recommended.), were seated quickly. Our host confirmed that this was our first visit,and explained how the meat service worked- red coaster up- we're taking a break, thank you and green coaster up- bring it on!! The first course salad bar was wonderful- just don't fill up on it.The sides served with the meat were excellent- plantains, fried polenta, little cheese biscuits. The meat of course is the star of the show, The beef and lamb were excellent- chicken and pork were OK, but not the caliber of the others.There is and excellent wine list, with several bottles on special.We finished this outstanding meal( about 2 hours),with a mango cream shared by all of us for dessert..I seriously consider this to be a dining experience,so be prepared to have the time, money and state of mind to enjoy it- we did.