“Just not that great.”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South of E Lincoln Dr
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
“Just not that great.”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

5 of us went last night for what we hoped to be a fantastic night. It was just ok. Frankly for me it starts with the meat. Is it good, yes, just not great. Ambience, staff, wine list all very very good, but the meat (which is the reason you go) can't compare to many of the other great steak places around town.

Now you probably are saying but it is all you can eat, so it is a much better value. I don't see it that way. At $50 a person you could have had some great steak and sides at Morton's, Maestro's, or many other places, especially if you have some lighter eaters with you and they try a few bites of different steaks but aren't trying to gorge themselves like most of us guys are doing. So now where your date might have ordered an 8oz steak somewhere else for $25 and got a side or two for a bit more you are still spending more at Fogo de Chao for an inferior product.

Again, I loved the staff. Very attentive, the Brazilian guys are all funny, happy to explain the types of meat, and what part of the animal it comes from, etc but all in all, I am done with this place. Two times and not wow'd, so I have no reason to return.

• Visited October 2013

Sierra Vista
“Very good but still needs a little work to be great”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ate at this eatery this weekend while up in Scottsdale. Called to check on the attire and was told by the person answering the phone that the attire was business casual...great emphasis on BUSINESS Casual. So since we were in casual attire, we decided to pick up something a little more appropriate. Much to our surprise, there were people in the restaurant in shorts, cut offs, t-shirts..so much for business casual. The salad bar was good and fresh. The seating was VERY close making it hard to get up and maneuver to the salad bar. We did wait quite a while before the servers brought the meat around, and they went past our table a few times. The beef was good, but the pork was dry and chicken OK. Servers were very pleasant and kept drinks filled. Having eaten at Churrascaria's in other cities I would recommend a little more attentiveness. May sound fussy but at 49.00 a person, I do expect a higher level of service.

El Paso TX
“Love this place - Fantastic selection and great service!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've been to the Fogo De Chao in Chicago a couple of times and it was awesome. I have been waiting to visit a city that had one. Fortunately I was in Scottsdale for a business trip and was able to stop in for an early dinner. Same great food and service. I was waited on by several servers, all of whom were very polite. Used dishes were promptly removed and my glass of iced tea never got below half. Now on to the real reason I was there. The churrascaria was even better than I remember. Everything they brought to the table was delicious. I love lamb, and I was able to try it three different ways - my absolute favorite were the chops. Delicious bread and mashed potatoes are also served with each plate. The salad bar is awesome too - don't leave without trying it. It is really a good deal for about fifty bucks compared to what you'd get at other restaurants.

Southern California
“Best Churrascaria Ever!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've eaten at several different Churrascaria's and this is the best one yet. The meat was high quality and great flavor. Staff was friendly and consistent with offering the various types of meat.

Try to avoid lunch or eat light so you have room to indulge.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful visit!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I brought my mom here as a special occasion and we ate to our stomachs couldn't hold anymore. We were in the habit in the past to eat at Churrasquerias so i thought this would have been a nice throw back for her. The ambiance was great and as stated by someone else, the salad bar was really good. I LOVED their desserts! if you can try the flan [i'm very picky with my flan and that's because growing up i didn't like it] i would definitely suggest it. What also surprised me were the Yucca bread that they served at the beginning. i haven't had one of those since i was back in NYC. so it was a nice surprise for me and my taste buds,The meats were good. i enjoyed their sirloins. but i found a few of the others a bit dry (although it could have been just that batch). HOWEVER, service was great! Tomas was one of our servers and it was nice talking to him. he added that extra special memory for us.

I would come back again.

and thank you for making my mom's visit memorable!