“Outstanding food combined with superb service”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,262 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South of E Lincoln Dr
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Calgary, Canada
“Outstanding food combined with superb service”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I joke that we would like to retire near a city with a Fogo de Chao as it's our favorite restaurant chain. If you've never had the pleasure of dining here, it's a two course all you can eat feast (salad bar and meat course with sides). I generally avoid all you can eat places like the plague since the emphasis is usually on quantity and the quality suffers. NOT at Fogo de Chao. The menu is the same at lunch and dinner, but it is significantly less expensive at lunch. We have tried other Brazilian steakhouses in North America but none has ever come close to the quality of the food and level of service of Fogo de Chao.

I can't comment on the quality of the salad bar, since we always skip it to get right to the meats! Gaucho servers bring 16 different cuts of meat (beef, lamb, pork, and chicken) to your table and cut it in front of your eyes. Our favorite cuts are are the top sirloin and picana but the filet mignon and rib eye are not far behind! There are also garlic mashed potatoes, polenta, and carmelized fried plantains (the waiters will keep bringing fresh throughout the meal).

This particular Fogo is among the best of the almost dozen we've visited. The gauchos and head waiter went out of their way yesterday to make sure to accommodate our friend's extensive food allergies. They went over the details of the menu with him and then specially prepared lamb without wine or pepper as well as potatoes without paprika just for him. The gaucho servers learned which meats we liked and how we liked them prepared (rare for my husband and me, well done for our friends) and then brought those selections frequently to our table. I don't think I have ever had more attentive service at a restaurant in my life.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to add complimentary dark chocolates as a sweet for the end of the meal. Most Fogo de Chaos have small dark chocolate squares in a glass bowl at the entrance; the small treats serve as the perfect ending to an outstanding meal. Alas this Fogo had hard candy peppermints instead.

We will definitely be returning to eat here when we visit the Phoenix area again.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Second to none”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Fogo is second to none. I have never been disappointed - in fact, we have never left without being completely satisfied and happy with our meals. Lunch or dinner, weekday or weekend. Service is always great and food is perfect.
Definitely the nicest steakhouse in town and one of the very best (if not THE very best) worldwide

“poor start to what should have been a great nite”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We've been here many times before with a wonderful experience. This time we thought we come here with our grown children in for Christmas for the first time since we moved here from Chicago. We spent 2 hours in the bar enjoying our outing. At 7:00 we were promptly seated and asked for our drink selection. Our drinks came quickly and that was that. A women sever walked around our table and 3 others until I finally asked her who was going to help us with some plates. She said no one told her we were ready. Sitting at our table for 15 minutes with no food on our table, what was she thinking. I let the hostess at the font know about our problem and got a I'm sorry. Left to pick up our car at valet and saw a manager out side and told him and got the same I'm sorry. Will find it very hard to come back. Did not have a good experience.

1 Thank ctabubba
Goodyear, Arizona
“Slow Lunch...”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Maybe it was just the Christmas effect, but we were a little disappointed in Fogo De Chao this time. We went for lunch on 12/21/12, and the service was really slow. The food was excellent, as it always is, but our iced teas ran dry for over 15 minutes. We also noted a real difference in the selections of meat offered throughout the course of the meal. Truly uncharacteristic of Fogo, we were served a lot of the "house special" until we actually asked for specific cuts. Really disappointing was that I wanted to taste one of the beef ribs, and despite having spotted a gaucho with the item, we were never approached. Twice.

I am definitely not the type of person to complain, but our experience this time was not up to the usual standard here. This is an excellent restaurant, and for those reading this, please undersand that this was atypical for what is otherwise an amazing experience.

Tip: Don't go for lunch during the holiday week. Ususally, Fogo is not too busy for lunch, but they were obviously overdone for this particular day. At $71 plus $15 for the tip, I feel that the value was somewhat compromised here. The only reason I tipped 20% was because I would have felt it unfair for the gauchos, of all who were really expedient and busy in their work. There were just too few of them for the crowd. We had our "green" flipped up most of the time, and that is definitely not the norm for us. Even though we still left well-fed, we were disappointed in the deficient service.

Otherwise, I would rate this place much higher. The Orlando location was exceptional in the service regard, and Chicago also ranks up there.

1 Thank AZ4JZ
Beirut
“A carnivorous Epic”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This place is a meat lover's paradise! The meat just kept coming and coming. So many choices, so little space to fit.

Go there very hungry or else you will be over paying.

The service is very good and and the waiters are very friendly.

I highly recommend this for one for meat lovers.