“Fantastic experience”

Cave Creek Outfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: Cave Creek Outfitters is a riding stable offering rides into the Tonto National Forest and the Scottsdale Preserve. Also available Group activities such as Corporate Events, Teambuilding, Cowboy Cookouts, and Cowboy Games.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Akron, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

FYI to fellow vacationers..... My friend and I recently visited Scottsdale and stayed at the Hyatt Gainey Resort. Several years ago I went on a beautiful horseback ride at Cave Creek Outfitters and I wanted to share my experience with my friend. I had researched all of my activities online prior to arrival and when I went to the Adventure. center at the Hyatt I realized they were charging me about 30% more than what was listed online. When I questioned this they told me this was for the "service they provide me". I promptly left the center and went back to my room and booked directly over the phone for our horseback ride and other activities. Be sure to go to the home page of Cave Creek Outfitters and use the coupon for $5 off per rider....every little savings helps while on vacation. We had great weather and a fantastic time with the horses and wranglers. Happy Trails! :-) Sophia

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sophia82277

Atlanta, Georgia
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 234 helpful votes
“Beautiful ride”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Had a really great ride with this company. They are one of the few companies that will pick you up at your hotel-which helps since they are way out. The driver was fantastic and the ride through the desert was really nice. What is stopping me from rating 5 stars is the wrangler that took us out on our ride could have been more polite-he was short with people and that was not appropriate. All in all, I would recommend this for a great day!

Visited December 2013
Rocky River, Ohio, United States
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Beautiful ride with fantastic wranglers”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We went on a 2-hour trail ride and enjoyed every single minute. The whole operation is very well-organized and professional, the scenery is breathtaking, and all of the staff is very friendly and helpful, obviously well-accustomed to providing the best experience for every different kind of rider. Our two wranglers were excellent, providing useful instruction, interesting commentary and information about the desert, and making pleasant conversation, all the while leading the riders and horses on a beautiful trail ride thru the desert.

Casa Grande, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife has spinal cord injury and we were not certain she could do the ride. The staff took their time with her and assured her that if she could not do the ride they were prepared to take whatever steps necessary to accommodate her and they outlined some of the steps. She was reassured. Luis who led the ride made sure to keep an eye on her. The horses were well behaved and the scenery was beautiful. We will be returning!
For the value received the price was outstanding.

Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Ride To Remember”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

How could we know this would be such a magnificent experience? This was by far the best horseback ride we've ever been on and we've done them in some lovely places around the world. Virginia, our guide was one of the nicest, warmest and joyful people we've ever met. And she was an incredible guide and tutor. She skillfully led us through the Sonoran Desert. Ah the Sonoran Desert. My ignorance is appalling! The landscape was diverse, complex and lush brimming with life and nature's art. It took my breath away. My horse was Zeus - a massive and powerful elder statesman of the ranch. He was surefooted and confident. My wife sat aloft Brownie, a much smaller and younger horse. We did the four hour ride and I wouldn't have it any other way. But if you are not used to riding horses for that long it could be a bit of a challenge. I also liked that when we got on the horses at the beginning they made sure our stirrups were even and the right length for us. Surprisingly this is not always the case with some horseback tours. I highly recommend Cave Creek. Yes, I do agree with others on here that Virginia is unique and adds immeasurably to the experience but even if you cannot get her - the Sonoran Desert is a sight to behold. And you must, must, must behold it on a horse!

Visited January 2014