“Good ride and staff was good”

Cave Creek Outfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: Cave Creek Outfitters is a riding stable offering rides into the Tonto National Forest and the Scottsdale Preserve. Also available Group activities such as Corporate Events, Teambuilding, Cowboy Cookouts, and Cowboy Games.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
LA
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Good ride and staff was good”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We did this in September my daughter and myself. It was the morning session which was cool.
Staff was good and the horses where healthy. The guide was good, it was a guiet group so he didn't say much and not many questions. The trail was good, but we did walk along the road and crossed a few intersections with cars approaching. But, once in the hills a little it was great.
One complaint was the horse they put me on was the beta horse so it had to be the second horse in line. My 11 year old daughter had a donkey horse mix which couldn't keep up with the pack and was dead last. Since she isn't an experience rider and all the road crossings I wanted to go behind her. Guide would not let that happen. He also stayed at the head or sometimes on the side but not to my liking to keep an eye on her. So if you go with younger kids let them know you want to be near them so they can make the adjustment. I felt it was leaving her out by not letting me ride closer. The other thing is they charged me $10 for a pick up which we did not do. I didn't notice this until I returned to check the original quoted price. Probably an honest mistake

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Immaculate ranch and well care for horses”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I came back to Scottsdale after having been here 20 years ago. At that time I did a trail ride and wanted to go this trip. When we arrived at Cave Creek Outfitters the first thing that struck me was how clean the facility was and how well cared for the horses are. I highly recommend them if you would like a ride through some amazing scenery. A 5 Star +++ for sure :)

1 Thank Bfitz63
Blackwater, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great ride”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very professionally run riding stable, lots of help available. Lovely horses. Great ride on the edge of the Tonto national forest, there were only six of us on our tour all of similar ability and we all had a great time.

Goochland, Virginia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Giddy-Up!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

While on business in Phoenix, I took Sweetheart up to Cave Creek Outfitters for some quality horse time. It was cool and rainy so he was the ONLY rider that time of day. His wrangler, Chelsea, was fabulous. She said I should return in 1-1/2 hours.... so about 2 hours later here they came around the bend. Apparently the riding was so spectacular in spite of the conditions that they just kept going, much to the delight of my guy. He had a true Arizona-on-a-Horse experience and wants to return next year. I shall make myself available, too. As a former paint horse owner in Scottsdale, I was quite jealous.
THANK YOU THANK YOU to all at CCO. He has pictures of himself atop a LARGE brown/blond mane & tail mare that we printed and framed for all to admire. One of the best days that week.

Visited January 2013
Freehold, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place was very accommodating by taking my 9 year old daughter on a ride for an hour when most rides are group rides for 2 hours. She thoroughly enjoyed herself & the woman who took her for the ride took a picture of her between two giant cacti on the horse & then emailed it to us! What a great souvenir. Later, she actually called us to tell us my daughter left behind her camera and sunscreen. It was about 20 miles away from where we were staying and this woman met us half-way! Now that is customer service! What a great place to experience a western ride.

Visited August 2013