“Great Happy Hour and Cocktails”
Review of pure sushi

pure sushi
Ranked #226 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Pure Sushi has a great happy hour and some great cocktails. I have eaten here several times and never been disappointed. They have several TV's and always have sports on. Also, a great outside wraparound patio exists if the weather is right. Great service and the right price!

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Pure Sushi Bar. The best thing about Pure is that its extensive menu and expert kitchen staff guarantee a delicious dining experience, regardless of whether you love sushi or not. We enjoyed dishes ranging from appetizers (some half price, like lettuce wraps, beef yakitori, and pork gyoza during happy hour) to entrees including the sashimi platter, yakisoba chicken, and chicken katsu. The katsu's preparation was new to us, utterly unlike everyday katsu dishes. The wine list features an extensive choice by the glass or bottle. Service was friendly and efficient. We all agreed that we would enjoy eating at Pure again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is my favorite sushi place in the valley. I am glad it is near home. Love the Poke here (not authentic - but they put a delicious spin on it)! The sashimi is always fresh (sometimes a challenge for AZ sushi places). I enjoy maki wrapped in cucmber and they have a few really good choices here for those. Happy Hour is a steal and I like the Korean BBQ pork sliders a lot (which I hate to admit ordering these at a sushi restaurant with such great sushi).

My only negative is service can be hit or miss, even within a meal. In this case, super attentive until dinner was served and then no water or drink service for quite a while. We would have stayed a while and ordered more beers and drinks after dinner, but we decided to leave since it would have taken a while.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've been here a few times and everything seems to be on the decline each time. This was the last straw. I will go elsewhere. The waitress seemed indifferent. The rice tasted day-old. The manager didn't appear interested in managing. Hell, they "lost the ticket" in the kitchen, per the waitress. There were 8-10 people in the restaurant......really? The menu is creative and diverse, now they just need to find employees interested in preparing, serving and managing it at a high level.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

When my family wants to eat out, it's always a consensus when we bring up Pure. Simply, hands down our FAVORITE place to eat!! Best quality fresh seafood. Clean and inviting environment, rock star chefs, Eddie, Daniel and DJ, you guys are amazing! We live pretty far from this place, but it's worth the drive 10X over! Love the sashimi!! And for a special treat the Creamy Lobster Roll is insane! Happy hour specials are a great deal. We've eaten sushi from coast to coast, nothing tops this for consistency and freshness. Can't say enough good things about it! We eat there as oftern as possible and it's not enough! :)