“Great Place for a Business Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daily Dose

Daily Dose
Ranked #34 of 1,239 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Place for a Business Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

As the temperatures approached the 100 degree mark, my colleagues and I wanted to find a cool place for a working lunch in downtown Scottsdale, Arizona. We walked into the Daily Dose, not knowing that we were about to have our palettes sated while we worked on a proposal. We started with the humus. It is made with cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and edamame, served with fresh flatbread, cucumbers, and carrot sticks. Very yummy. I ordered the House Salad and my companion ordered the Strawberry Mint Salad. Both salads were fresh, well-constructed, and were served with the dressing on the side. The amount was perfect for lunch: not too little, not too much. The House contained mixed greens, red onion, croutons, pepper jack cheese, avocado, and came with a citrus cilantro dressing that was unique and delicious. The Strawberry Mint contained fresh, ripe strawberries, goat cheese, and a mint-line dressing - also very delicious. The server was okay, but took too long before asking for drinks, then appetizer, then our lunch. Her timing could have been better, but she was pleasant enough.
Looking for a cool lunch during the hot summer months in the Phoenix area? Then try a little Daily Dose.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Lunch- Party of 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The service was courteous, friendly, responsive and definitely not slow. The beer and wine menu were very good. The Lox Benedict, Ancho Chilli Reuben, and Crab cake omelet were all excellent.
I would definitely go back again.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“"Hollyday " Birthday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is 3rd time I've been here, twice in the last 2 weeks; 1st time for breakfast on the patio, last fall.
My friend and I had a scrumptuous meal. Great service, ambiance, and food was outstanding. We lucked out and a table came up right away on the patio, so no wait at 11:30 am. It was a busy time and everyone around us seemed to be happy and taken care of throughout the 90 minutes we were there.
2nd time, another friend and I came for lunch around noon on a Monday; patio was full, so we were seated right away inside at a comfortable 1/2 booth. I had recommended we come here and we were both pretty hungry. My friend wanted some bread right away, so they brought out pretzel baguettes they normally serve at dinner. Reeeally Good, not too thick or big, toasted. Ask for it. She had the prime rib salad, very generous with the meat, and I had the BBQ salmon. Both were Awesome! Service was great. Everyone we talked to that worked there, was friendly, and courteous. The server was excited about their new desserts, so we tried the chocolate-mousse-cake dessert. We each ordered one.WOW! If you love chocolate like we do, you have to get this. It was Sooooooo Decadent & Delicious!!!
3rd time (today, 5-15-13, 12:30pm), Mom, my Uncle, two cousins and myself, came in for Holly's birthday and Mother's Day for Mom. I recommended Daily Dose based on my last two visits. My cousins live on the west side of Phoenix and the rest of us live just a few miles away. We have lived here for many years, and have seen restaurants come and go. Remember Benijana's? It used to be off of Indian School and Scottsdale Road, across the street from where Daily Dose is now.
We arrived about 12:30 pm, very hungry. We opted for inside and we were able to get a high table/booth, to sit the 5 of us comfortably, right away. Jey was our server. She was very personable, efficient, patient, helpful, and fun. We ordered the pretzel baguettes, one of the wraps, one salmon, and three salads; Cobb, Mediterranean, and the House. Everything was really good. The salmon and the wrap were Awesome. The House salad seemed to have a great balance of lettuce and the other ingredients, whereas the Cobb and the Mediterranean salads had a little too much lettuce and not enough of the other ingredients. All were very tasty! We definitely ordered two of the chocolate-mousse-cake desserts.YUUUUUUMMMMM!!! It was unanimous: DECADENT & DELICIOUS!!! Reeeeeeally great texture, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate YUMMINESS. The added sweetness factor was that one dessert came with a birthday candle and we all sang Happy Birthday to Holly. The whole ambiance, food, service, and the people who work at Daily Dose, helped us to create a wonderful memory for our family. It was a Happy "Hollyday" at Daily Dose. We will definitely be back! HAPPY HOUR anyone?

London, United Kingdom
“Yummy breakfast, more pancakes than you could shake a stick at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went here for breakfast a number of times on trip - fabulous choice of breakfasts and huge selection of American pancake options, outdoor or indoors seating, great service, good value.

Visited May 2013
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was recommended to us as a good place to have breakfast by Todd from Scottsdale Segway tours and we were not disappointed. We had been warned that there might be a wait to get in, but we were shown straight to a table. (Apparently it is much busier at weekends, which is when the waits can happen) Enormous cups of very good coffee (perhaps too big to hold comfortably!) very prompt service and an excellent breakfast I had the two eggs with bacon, fruit and two buttermilk pancakes and my wife had the same but with toast instead of the pancakes. The food came very quickly, was well cooked and very tasty. Service was attentive and friendly.