“Great Thai Food”

Takeda Thai By Moulay
Reserve with OpenTable
Takeda Thai By Moulay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 1,282 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale & Shea
Description: At Takeda Thai, a fine dining and full bar restaurant, we pride ourselves in bringing you the finest quality of Thai cuisine. We only use authentic Thai herbs and spices with no flavor enhancers. We place great importance in each step of preparing each Thai dish:from selecting knowledgeable Thai chefs who can prepare and season food to Takeda Thai’s standards to hand-picking the freshest and highest quality Thai ingredients. No matter what you order, you can be certain that each dish is prepared just for you.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Don't let the unassuming location in the strip shopping center fool you. The Thai food at this restaurant is excellent! It is prepared fresh and if you are a celiac, they will prepare your dish gluten free - ask for Sarah. On our first visit, we had egg drop soup, Pad Thai and a pumpkin curry dish. My wife said it was the best egg drop soup she has had in AZ and the other two dishes were fabulous. We went back again the next week and had the same experience. For us, this one is a keeper.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were visiting Scottsdale for a conference and found this restaurant had good reviews online so decided to check it out.
The food was excellent, the chef was at our table and tailored it to our needs. The ambience was beautiful. Great place to relax and fine dine at the same time.

Bhaskar

1  Thank Bhaskarrao009
Reviewed September 20, 2012

About a year or so ago, my boyfriend and I stumbled into this tiny little restaurant. The atmosphere was amazing! The lighting, the decor, and the music all blended well together for a very welcoming environment. The staff was wonderful. They were very attentive to us, and made sure to get our order correct, including my very picky tastes. When we got our food I was just absolutely amazed. Small restaurants like this, in my experience, usually have decent food, but nothing to write home about. Takeda Thai has what I would easily call 5-star restaurant quality food. Not something I was expecting coming into my first meal there.

Since then my boyfriend and I have brought several of our family and friends there. Both for dinner and for lunch. Every time we bring someone they come back or ask when we will take them again. We have had time to try a variety of things on the menu, and have never found a dish we didn't love! (Though I will admit that the Pad Thai is definitely my favorite!).

We got to know the owners, a very wonderful couple that take an active role in their business. And knowing them has only made us want to eat there more! They have an herb garden right out front, and if you are there at the right time you can watch them gather herbs from it to use in the dishes that day.

To those people, like my boyfriend, who cannot seem to find food that is spicy enough wherever they may go. Takeda Thai is willing to go far beyond their 1-5 scale to find a level that appeases you. He ordered a Curry with a 45 rating on it today! What impressed him was that they were able to increase the heat level without sacrificing any of the flavor. The dish did not become so focused on the heat that it couldn't still taste enjoyable.

3  Thank Kiela B
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My sister and i found this place randomly, and what a find. Super friendly service, excellent mojito. The spice was perfect... sophisticated and well crafted. Had lettuce wraps, green shrimp curry, pad thai with forbidden rice. each dish was simply marvelous. Dont miss this gem

2  Thank forreals
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I love when my family comes here for dinner. I look forward to it every month! We are very good friends with the owners, he is from Morocco, and his wife is from thailand. They are very helpful and nice. My family is housing a foreign exchange student from Thailand and Sarah (the wife) was very helpful by translating for our foreign exchange student.

The food is always amazing. we always order the Pad Thai, Fried Rice, and the Red Curry. the Pad Thai and Fried rice are usually around 2-2.5 stars and my dad get the red curry as hot as he can get it. Even our foreign exchange student said it tasted like home!

The way the restaurant looks is very calming, and they are always playing music. Its usually pretty calm in there until about 7 till close. we usually go right when the open because thats when we all get off work, so when we go in, we are the only people there till we are about to leave. it is a wonderful atmosphere!

i would highly recommend going here for dinner!

2  Thank Devon A