WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial

BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial
Ranked #39 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Padua, Italy
“Very good hotel but could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and we found it nice and comfortable. The rooms were big and clean, the stuff was kind and friendly and the hotel pretty modern. The swimmingpool was good even if the deckchairs were a bit dirty.
The only thing that could be better is breakfast, there isn't a lot of Choice and it's served right in front of the lobby. Also the airconditioning in the room was a bit noisy but in general a good stay.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Pinetop, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Convenient to The Fashion Mall with over 200 shops. And just a pedicab away from Old Town Scottsdale with all those art and Artifact shops and restaurants. The suites are great and we love the in room jaccuzzis. The staff is very attentive. The decor is subdued modern and impeccably maintained. The owners take great pride in their property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jude N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Hello Michael,

From our entire team, thank you! For choosing our hotel and for taking the time to inform others of your experience with others here on tripadvisor.com
We are fortunate to have you as our guest, if it gets too cool up there in the high country you know we are nice and warm here in the valley.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

So I read many reviews before staying here. I was excited to try this best western that was supposedly a AAA triple diamond member.

Check in- very slow. The young male was slow never acknowledged diamond membership with best western just asked do I stay often at best western which I said I used to because now I am marriott gold and IHG platinum and stay at hotels usually like 3 days a week. I know service and the questions and slowness found at check in was not professional. I would have liked an upgrade which is a benefit of diamond since they have a sky loft suite and was told at their hotel occupancy was usually 30-40 percent which means they probably have some good rooms which entitles me to the best available room as an elite status, but again I was never asked about my room or welcomed as a diamond elite member and thanked for continuing bringing business to them.

The room itself- the room was clean tho. I like the stone inside the room the bed was comfortable which is most important. The room was a good size and probably bigger than some best westerns.

Everything was fine the check out. Check out is supposed to be smooth and easy by either leaving the key in the room or dropping them off at the front desk and informing them and actually helping recycle their keys. Since I stay at many hotels I always go to front desk and give them keys to recycle. This instance there wasn't anyone at the front desk. As I waited about two minutes I decided to ring the bell as another customer walked in from parking. He waited behind me and another 5 minutes and still no one. I had rang the bell about four times and we are at about a 7 min wait. So I go behind the desk and find a housekeeping individual and asked if she could find me the front desk clerk. Then the owner came out named Rudy Joey john or something but to be honest already forgot. I told him I'm checking out etc don't think as a diamond elite I should be going behind hotel deals to find workers that shouldn't be my job. Anyways told him it was a free night anyways because I had a travel card and he continued no it isn't because he wasn't completely reading the computer the reservation or the 100 dollar travel card in the system. Of course he found it and said how would you like to pay the difference. Usually it's a question like "is it okay to put the difference on the card we have on file" which is why I gave it to them besides incidentals I knew it wasn't a rewards night it was a travel card.

The service seemed very poor and old. Things need to be a lot smoother at this hotel. The bathroom lobby you have to go outside for and use a key from the front desk not your hotel key.

Overall after the service from the front desk staff and then a simple checkout by the owner himself I will never return to this best western independently owned property and thank them for the stay it was free in the end minus some taxes.

Hope they work on the service because that goes way further than any room and amenities they can offer. That's the beauty of elite at various hotels that have various price points and amenities they offer but service that should be basic and always a number one priority!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jude N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Sundial, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hello Fayez,
Congratulations on making your first tripadvisor.com review! We appreciate you choosing our property and I am happy you liked our clean rooms and comfortable beds.

Your check in time was 4 minutes. Yes that is a little longer then usual and we apologize for that. Your room had a King size bed and Whirlpool tub. On your next visit please contact me directly at the hotel and I will personally see to it that you find a room, or hotel, that meets your expectations.
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Great location near downtown Scottsdale. The hotel was built with a Frank Lloyd Wright vibe modern/deco. Probably the nicest Best Western I have ever stayed in. Room was spotless and well maintained. Nice pool.

2 Thank BadKarma65
Hello BadKarma65, It is an honor to receive such a high score from you, a senior contributor to tripadvisor.com. From all of us at the Best Western Plus Sundial, THANK YOU!

At your service,
Crowley, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

It had been a long time since I had stayed at a Best Western, but I have to say it was exceptionally nice.I really enjoyed sitting in the comfortable furniture on the second story covered terrace in the early morning hours drinking my coffee. Everything was clean and well taken care of. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank pointeauloux
Dear pointeauloux, Your review is music to our ears. Thank you for Choosing the Best Western Plus Sundial while in Scottsdale. From our entire team, we look forward to your return.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We started our California tour from Phoenix and this hotel was just perfect for our purposes. Very friendly staff, clean and spacious room, straight forward breakfast arrangements.

It is very hit at this time of year and they actually had a monsoon just before we arrived which is not that common here.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Bernie C, Thank you for starting your vacation with us here in Scottsdale. We hope to see you again. Safe travels.
Payson, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had an medical situation and this hotel was very close to the hospital. The Assistant General Manager Sergio was fantastic in helping us in this stressful time. We have stayed here before for fun and it was great but this time it was just magnificent, all the staff went out of their way to help us make this a smooth stop and support both of us. When it looked like I had to stay over because of extended care needed in hospital they were great but then the docs decided the stay was not needed and we were able to go home and the staff here at the Sundial were just wonderful and helpful again. Thank you so much.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Mark K
Hello Mark,

Thank you for the kind words. From Sergio and the rest of our team, our thoughts are with you and your wife and if there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

At your service,