“Beautiful Hotel & Great location!”

Best Western Plus Sundial
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
“Beautiful Hotel & Great location!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved this beautiful Hotel, very modern and clean. My room was cleaned everyday, and very well done. This hotel is also in a great location, walking distance to night clubs, restaurants and shopping mall. For breakfast or lunch I recommend the Mexican restaurant right across the street. I will definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
Jude N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hi there honeyeyes,

Thank you for the wonderful review, our close proximity to night life, shopping and of course Julio's Too Mexican restaurant are all great features of our hotel. From all of us here at the Sundial, safe travels and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
st louis
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel has a great location just blocks from historic Old Town Scottsdale, Fashion Square, and the very popular clubs of Scottsdale. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The manager even introduced himself to me my first day there, at breakfast, and gave me his card in case I needed anything. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. The outdoor areas are nice. There is a third floor area outdoors with a comfortable seating area overlooking the front of the property. In the back there is a nice pool with a fountain.
I was there last November and had read reviews criticizing the empty lots next door. I didn't think it was a problem. They are developing the area and it looks like it will be interesting.
I thought the breakfast was above average for an included hotel breakfast...very good fresh fruit, bagels and pastries, cereals, good coffee, good juice. I am not so interested in the hot foods, so didn't try them.
The wireless internet was welcome. I hate when I have to pay for internet at more expensive hotels. I also appreciated the coin laundry.
The noise from the clubs is impressive if you are outside in the front of the hotel, but I thought the room was very well sound-proofed..and it had a heater/air conditioner which you can control, so I just kept the fan running, once the week end rolled around. No problem, considering all the pluses with this hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel, and I have stayed at many properties in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Midwestgirl,

It is an honor to read your review of our property. We are currently serving fresh picked pink grapefruit at breakfast, and our hot items include turkey sausage burritos and breakfast sandwiches. My favorite part of breakfast is the complimentary Starbucks Coffee. Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write your review here on tripadvisor.
We hope to see you again soon,
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We traded the room we were supposed to stay in (which was going to be very noisy and too close to the busy street of Camelback) for the only room they had left -- a handicapped room.

The bed room was very nice, the difference being that the bathroom had a large shower and no curtain -- so that someone in a wheelchair could transfer to a chair situated in the shower.

Realized that this is a great room for a handicapped person and highly recommend it for that. Our bedroom was well designed and the bed was most comfortable.

The hotel was built 5 years ago and modeled in the Frank Lloyd Wright style.. The walls are gray stone and with very modern black granite - topped furnishings.

Room Tip: There are four rooms that are on the ground level and very close to a busy street. Be sure to reque...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello girl b,

Thank you for sharing your experience of the Best Western Plus Sundial on tripadvisor.com.
We make every effort to assign a room type that will meet or exceed your needs. I too like our ADA accessible rooms. The beds, furniture, TV's and overall amenities are the same from room to room. Some people prefer the action of our Camelback Bungalows and others prefer the quiet of our Executive King Rooms. On your return please call direct and we will be happy to find the room or suite that is perfect for you.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed for three nights. The first day, I was officing out of our room. I initially had the "do not disturb" sign up. However, when I left at just before 3:00 p.m., I took it down. I was running errands, and ran back to the hotel at 4:20. When I arrived there was a note on my door time at 4:00, saying to due to the "do not disturb" sign they didn't do the room. Having additional errands to run, I called the front desk, via cell. I explained to them, when I took down the sign, and when the note was timed. The person answering the phone got pretty huffy with me, telling me housekeeping was already gone. Then saying "do you want me to go make your bed for you?" I explained to him, it was obviously a communication problem, he did not need to make my bed, and we would come to the lobby to get additional towels. The next day housekeeping came and asked when they could come, and I told them I'd be leaving at 9:30. I went out and ran errands, and when we arrived back at 1:00, the room still hadn't been done. Housekeeping showed up at 3:00 - so we left the room, so they could do the service. Poor communication.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hello mjbeam,

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We make every attempt to offer house keeping when it is most convenient for our guests and allow privacy when the Do not disturb sign is hanging on the door. Should you choose to return please take note of the door hanger provided in the room that you may use to tell us when you would like your room serviced. Our house keepers do an outstanding job and we are here for you and all of our hotel guests.
Seattle, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights through New Years. Haven't stayed here before so it was a roll of the dice. Wound up being a great stay. Rooms (and hotel in general) are very clean and the showers are full power and not skimpy on the hot water. Those two qualities were enough to sell me right there. The front desk personnel are personable and the cleaning crew is extremely attentive and does an outstanding job. I don't get people who whine about hotel breakfasts...its a hotel breakfast! And this one is as good as any by industry standards (and if you are too lazy to walk 3 blocks to experience the bliss that is The Breakfast Club you deserve what you get). It is on the pricey side, but I'd rather pay a little extra for clean and friendly over dirty,noisy and rude..It was also surprisingly quiet considering its location and the fact it was New Years. I didn't notice any loud, obnoxious riff-raff around the hotel; I think the hotel does a good job of exiting trouble makers.I'll be back during Spring Training...and probably next New Years also!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Michael M,

Thank you for your stay. Your words are music to our ears, I will share your comments with our exceptional house-keeping and guest services staff. When you return ask about our 3 night special for additional savings.

At your service,

Jude
London
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We were 12 guys from London, staying here after landing in PHX, as the first night of a lads' trip. We chose it based partly on price and partly it's glowing reviews.

Overall, if you are staying briefly in Scottsdale and want to do it cheaply (as opposed to staying in one of the fancy resort hotels), then this will fit the bill. But the reviews here that suggest this is some sort of awesome hotel are well off the mark.

Upsides:
- rooms are clean and didn't seem aged. Reasonably comfortable for this price bracket.
- price.
- there is a pool.

Downsides:
- Location is poor. On a main road with little around: some eyesores like empty lots. All the restaurants and bars are a taxi ride away - not walkable.
- breakfast was very basic: just fix yourself some filter coffee and a not very nice bagel. More like a gas station breakfast. Although it was included in the rate at least.

If you're doing something more than just passing through and wanting an acceptable room at reasonable price, then you'll need to shell out more for one of the better Scottsdale hotels.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jude N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sundial, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
To TheGreatRonando,
Thank you for staying with us for the first night of your Lads Trip. I apologize we did not meet your expectations. The numerous restaurants, shops, night clubs and activities of downtown Scottsdale are the main event here. Should you choose to stay with us the night before you depart to the UK please contact me directly and I will help you get pointed in the right direction to take advantage of our superior location and amenities. Also you might want to try one of our home made breakfast burritos, fresh cut fruit and Starbucks Coffee, served daily at breakfast.

All the best to you and your lads in 2014
Wilmington, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The rooms are amazing one of a kind. Attention to detail was used when designing rooms. The staff is wonderful. Jude the manager makes you feel at home. From the time I checked into the hotel to the moment I left I received nothing but the best customer service. This hotel is A+.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Melissa F, It was our great pleasure to have you stay with us at the Sundial. From all of us may the New Year bring you success and a little extra play-time.

We hope to see you again,