“An interesting tour”

Taliesin West
Ranked #1 of 165 things to do in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take a guided tour through world-renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright's winter retreat and studio, which exemplifies the principles of design he was famous for.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

As I became a football widow (it was once again the biggest game of the year) I decided to spend my time visiting Taliesin West and I am so glad I did. I only took the one hour tour (which actually took longer, as our guide was knowledgable and glad to share). I most enjoyed the stories about Frank Lloyd Wright and his wife. It gave me much insight into their lives. I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone who enjoys listening to other's stories.

There are newer reviews for Taliesin West

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I loved the fact that we had to take a tour and got to learn so much about Tailesin West and FLW. Our guide was patient will all of us who had lots of questions and she always had a answer. The cost of the tour was well worth the $32/person and should not deter anyone. This was a wonderful experience and love the fact that is a full accredited architect school on site ( along with fellow senior staff who worked with FLW) which still teaches the way that FLW started. Not to be missed! Cannot wait to get to his other sites, such as Falling Water.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was the top attraction we wanted to see in the Phoenix area as we are fans of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture and have visited a number of his designs in Chicago, Florida, and California. We were not disappointed in the home that the father of organic architecture built for his winters. We took the 90 minute tour which includes the residence living room and sleeping rooms. The house is not the prairie style of Chicago or the "concrete" Los Angeles houses, but blends into the desert beautifully.
The guides are friendly, knowledgeable and not at all stuffy about architecture at all and explain the house and the man.
Go see this if you are the Phoenix area if you see nothing else

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We took the standard tour; we expected a half hour, but it really lasts an hour and a half. Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture is an acquired taste, but you really can see why it was so renowned.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was FLW's winter home while he was alive, then his widow made it her permanent home after his death. It is an amazing example of living with nature.