“Sophisticated Mexican cuisine”
Review of The Mission

The Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Transit: The Scottsdale Trolley stops in three spots within less than 2 blocks from The Mission!
Description: Old Town Scottsdale’s heart is beating to a Latin drum, now that The Mission has arrived and brightened the restaurant scene. Renowned Zinc Bistro Chef Matt Carter is now cooking up modern Latin cuisine blending influences from Spain, Mexico, Central America and South America. Home made Tortillas, Arepas, and Salsas are made fresh daily and all meats are prepared on a Plancha or a grill using pecan and mesquite wood that instills a rich flavor.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

While on vacation in Scottsdale Arizona I took my wife there for lunch on the first day there. It had been highly recommended by a friend that has retired there. It was excellent and memorable enough that we went back for dinner before we left

1  Thank Don W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am really late in writing this since we were there in July. However, I still think about how good the food was at this restaurant! The service was great. It was a little dark, but I thought the ambience was wonderful. The duck empanadas were to die for. We did not get the guacamole, and I regret that! The Bread pudding was also a real treat. I highly recommend this restsurant to anyone who likes upscale Mexican in a unique setting!

1  Thank Joanna E
Reviewed September 2, 2013

A must visit every time we are in Scottsdale. The atmosphere and ambiance are perfect for a night out. Service has always been amazing and you must start off with the table side guac - all in! The roast corn gordita and crispy cola pork were other favourites. Do make reservations if going on a weekend as it can get very busy. Try it out - you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Passport_Memories
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It is hard to find good empanadas and the Mission delivers with their duck empanadas! They were so good I should have ordered it for main course too on top of what we had as a shared starter.

Loved the guac as an appetizer too. I had the mushrooms for main course and it was okay, my colleague had ribs which he enjoyed.

The restaurant has a good atmosphere and I liked the spanish/mexican styling inside. Restaurant was packed on a Tuesday eve.

will go back again

1  Thank luvdawest
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The table made guacamole was wonderful and was bread pudding dessert. The halibut was a little dry. It is very dark inside so bring a little flashlite