“Southwest Paradise”
Review of Talavera

Talavera
Reserve with OpenTable
Talavera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,256 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Troon North
Description: Talavera introduces a modern take on the classic steakhouse, with unique steak and seafood pairings, comfort desserts, and a range of specialty sides, accompaniments and starters. The restaurant features vibrant decor, dramatic views and the best patio dining in the Valley. Lively ambiance is matched by an upscale casual approach to dining, with a range of menu choices fit for every occasion. Attire: Resort Casual
North Andover, Massachusetts, United States
“Southwest Paradise”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We all know that the meal was costly but the food and service and views were spectacular! The bread with the salted butter was amazing. We could shave made a meal just form that alone.The white asparagus salad was refreshing. The sustainable salmon was tasty and the mexican jumbo prawns while simple had an incredibly flavorful sauce. The grilled strawberry shortcake was light and tasty and just the right amount. Actually it was so tasty I could have eaten another one! Perfect place for a special dinner.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TheDream20

Chandler, Arizona
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Every one enjoyed the food and the view was real good there was a storm coming in . The service was real good .It is best to make reservations because the place fills up

Visited August 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Delicious Summer Menu!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the nice summer dinner menu upon our arrival at Talavera this week. Much heavier menu selections (from winter?) were still showing online at Four Seasons Troon’s website, and we anticipated making dinner just out of salads and appetizers. Instead, we discovered the tastier summer (shorter) menu and our waiter Josh explained that the website likely needed updating. (It has since been changed.) We were seated at a spacious booth facing towards panoramic windows with a view of iconic Pinnacle Peak against the setting sun. As expected, service was perfect: attentive, informative and friendly without being intrusive. We enjoyed talking with Josh about chardonnay styles today versus a few years ago. My husband enthusiastically enjoyed the Iceberg Wedge salad with lump crab, avocado, bacon and blue cheese, artfully presented in Four Seasons styling. And he’s still talking about his entrée: five Mexican Jumbo Prawns -- fresh, tender and served in a lemon-caper butter sauce. Normally these prawns also come with chili pepper seasoning, but he requested the chili be omitted so that the flavor of the prawns would dominate, rather than pepper. My appetizer was the chilled mint and pea soup, topped with Dungeness crab. The mint was refreshing and this soup was perfect for a hot Arizona summer day. My entrée was the “Sustainable Salmon”, a large portion artfully decorated with “tiny vegetables” (decorator size) served on artichoke mousse. We shared a side of grilled artichoke hearts. All prices seemed reasonable for Four Seasons quality and service. Talavera’s summer menu offers popular selections from “Garden”, “Chilled”, “Warm”, “Signatures”, “Local Cedar Beef”, “Land” and “Sea”. Also available is “Savor the AZ Summer”, a $48 price fixe three course meal, and “Inspire Your Inner Foodie”: a six course tasting menu for $110 each. We’ll return again for another delicious dinner and wish the summer menu would continue all year.

• Visited July 2014
Temecula, California
“Best dinner ever.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The New York strip, the half chicken, and the sea bass were the best we have ever had. The desserts were over the top. But the service was the star of the show.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank stuckintraffic
Idaho
“Food was Excellent...Service was NOT.....Tried it twice to be sure.....”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at the Four Seasons Scottsdale for a long weekend. I had read all about Talavera and was so excited to experience this fine dining restaurant. My first experience was interesting. I arrived, without a reservation and was told that no tables were available, but I could eat at the bar. I went and sat at the Onyx bar and had a drink and told the bartender that I wanted to eat there, but no tables were available. He disappeared for a few minutes and the hostess showed up and said that they had a table for me.........weird.....I followed to her a nice table with a great view. My waiter didnt show up for at least 5 mins. Leaving me to wonder if this was indeed a fine dining place.

Finally he showed up. I ordered the Tomato Salad with a balsamic reduction and goat cheese. It was delicious. Then I had a fliet cooked medium rare and a side of asparagus. The filet was cooked perfectly. The asparagus was nothing special. I was served some homemade rolls that were too die for....My waiter disappeared and the bus-person (a very sweet lady) was basically my server. Of course the waiter showed up with my bill, which I gladly paid and I slipped the bus-person 25.00 for all her work with me. The waiter NEVER checked on my once. POOR service.........

I thought maybe it was a fluke so decided because the food was so delicious that I would try it one more time. Saturday night I went again....A different waiter Kevin, which I thought would be a good thing, but he was worse than the first one and when I asked a question about the chef, he made a weird looking face at me, like I was speaking Greek. I just asked about the Chef's homemade salsa that is delicious. He acted like he had never heard of such a thing. He made me feel stupid. I ordered the Lobster Bisque soup, Chilean Sea Bass, mashed potatoes and Creme Brulee for dessert. It was all very good, but once again Kevin, my waiter was never around. Another wonderful bus-person was around all the time to help me.

I gave Talavera a 3 out of 5 because of the horrible service, but the delicious food made up for the service..somewhat.......This is a very expensive restaurant and for the prices, you expect out of this world service, especially at a 4 Seasons. My bill was over $150.00 each evening and this was only for 1 person. I expect better service for that kind of money........

When I return to 4 Seasons Scottsdale I wont be eating at Talavera. I will spend my money at Proof. The wait staff is wonderful and so full of happiness. The food is good too at Proof.

• Visited July 2014