“Pleasantly Surprised”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Road and Chapparal
Transit: Valley Metro Bus Stop at E Scottsdale Rd and E Chapparal Valley Metro Bus Stop at Camelback and Scottsdale
Description: Located in The Scott, The Canal Club, under direction of Chef de Cuisine Chris Castro, specializes in traditional American cuisine with a Cuban twist. Featuring a studious wine list and specialty cocktails to complement your meal with a fully renovated background of colors and comforts of 1930's Havana aesthetic.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Nice variety of appetizer and entree choices with a modern, upscale feel. (However, don't bring your conscience if foie gras and veal bother you, though.) The chef was amenable to a modification to meet a dietary need, too. The setting is warm and not intimidating. The biggest compliment I can give it is that Taggia could compete with local free-standing restaurants on the basis of food, price, value, service, and setting.

1  Thank Katie M

Reviewed January 9, 2013

As with most Kimpton Properties they do Italian cuisine well. The oven fired pizza is really good. Also enjoyed a ceasar salad and risotto during my stay.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I were staying at an upscale resort in Carefree when we found we could not get a dinner reservation for New Year's eve at any of the restaurants we knew nearby. Taggia was suggested and we took what we regarded as a chance. It was a first rate experience, from the ambiance to the attention of the staff. But the best was the food. We ended up having three of the four items on the special menu: I asked for a taste of the risotto and we were given what appeared to be a full portion. All of the dishes were terrific, as were the accompanying items. We spoke to the chef, who has been there about four months, and who has an interesting approach to his cooking and is really a find. My only disappointment is I learned he had worked in the DC area, where we live, and I had never been to his restaurant in DC.

1  Thank Dhiver
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nice atmosphere. Quiet, relaxed place with the best risotto in America! Fun to sit outside on the patio deck and sip wine!

1  Thank Dianne D
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had dinner at Taggia the first night of our stay at Firesky. We had a 6:15 reservation and were the only couple in the restaurant? Service was fantastic and the cuisine was delicious. I had the red wine fettucine with rabbit and my husband had the prok chop. Both were flavorful and delicious. I had the green salad that included beets and goat cheese, whcih I owuld have liked to have had more beets. Dessert was delisious! Gelato - chocolate and a biscotti flavor = YUM. The decaf cappuccino I will say was luekwarm and not exactly the best. Would we return? Definitely.