“A dining experience”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Road/Rancho Vista Dr.
Description: ****PLEASE NOTE**** OUR RESTAURANT SITS ON SCOTTSDALE ROAD IN THE OPTIMA BUILDING. PLEASE ACCESS VIA RANCHO VISTA DRIVE, TURN LEFT INTO THE UNDERGROUND PARKING AND FOLLOW SIGNS TO POSH SPOTS. WE HAVE COUNTER SEATING THAT SURROUNDS THE KITCHEN AND IS AVAILABLE BY REQUEST ONLY, (THESE SEATS CAN BE BOOKED ONLINE MY REQUESTING THEM IN "RESERVATION NOTES". WE CAN ACCOMMODATE GROUPS OF 4 BY USING CORNERS. THOSE SPOTS OFTEN FILL EARLY ON WEEKENDS. Posh's modern approach to fine dining offers the guest a list of daily ingredients, and the diner crosses of any ingredients they do not like, and the kitchen prepares a seasonal menu, avoiding dislikes. This seasonal approach to dining creates an interactive experience for those guests who choose to sit at the counter. We will happily make considerations for your dietary restrictions or lifestyle choices such as vegetarianism or veganism. *Please note this when you make your reservation.*
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We picked this up for two reasons - it was in a local magazine and it was opposite our hotel, and they could do a walk-in so that was great. The staff were friendly and very good at explaining how the restaurant works (your own tasting menu) and what the dishes were. The service was good. The kitchen end takes a little while to get going but once the food starts coming it comes quickly. The food was excellent, imaginative and well presented. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the wine list was good. Also a varied clientele and so good place for people watching. A good choice for us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a lot of fun and the food was quite good. A few things if you have a group of 3 or more do not sit at the kitchen "bar" hard to have a conversation, also if you are a heavy eater don't go with a empty stomach, it is all about the food and flavor not the fullness aspect. But a must havent stopped talking about it for 4 days now.

1  Thank guyinprescott01
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I like the Posh concept of improvisational dining. I like that my husband and I were served different dishes from each other for each course. I expected the courses to be small, but I also expected them to be the best bites ever.
Our first taste was a tiny spoon with a slice of radish sitting on a dollop of butter with a chive on top. Not exactly exciting. The butternut squash soup was tasty, but not exactly unusual. My husband's popcorn soup was a fun variation of corn chowder. The next two courses were fine, but nothing inventive or outstanding.
For the huge price tag, I was expecting a memorable dining experience, I was disappointed.
The staff and service were very good. Glad that we tried the place, but I need not return.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

If you are reading these reviews on Posh, then you already know that there's no menu, just a paper to cross of any offending proteins that you have no interest in trying. Even space to write anything else you really don't want showing up on your plate. I went with a friend, and we did cross off about 3 items each that we were not daring to try. But honestly, after our dining experience, I think I may be tempted to go without crossing anything off, just to see what delights the kitchen would present me. Even though we crossed off about the same items, we each got served different dishes. And we LOVED them all! Funny, because I don't think I would've been as happy if we had each other's dishes, as we really liked our own dishes we were served better. I don't know that it would help if I told you what food we were served, as I would expect each person's experience to be different, given what foods you are willing to try or wanting to avoid. Our server was great in explaining each dish (so helpful especially without a menu), and even was tremendously helpful in choosing a wine. Everything we felt was on point, including reservation reminders, our server, food, wine, portions, which contributes to our desire to return! Be adventurous and leave your dining experience in their very capable hands!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I travel with several co-workers several times a year, and we always try to eat at nice, unique local spots while we are in town.

I have read a lot of the negative reviews for this restaurant, and I agree and disagree with them. Is this restaurant over priced? Yes. Is the food delicious and unique? Yes.

I am a person that loves to try something new. At Posh you never know what you are going to get, but you can be sure that will be something delicious.