“Nice place for lunch”
Review of Blue Adobe Grille

Blue Adobe Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Adobe Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,293 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Cross street: Between Via Linda & Shea Blvd.
Description: An American Grille influenced by the Town of Santa Fe, NM. Major ingredients include Pecan Wood and Hatch Chiles. Our Great Separator is an ability to deliver spice while maintaining incredible flavor. Menu items include Steak, Seafood, Pasta, Salads, Sandwiches, Pizza's and more. Indigenous foods from NM....Stack Enchiladas, Carne Adovada, Posole, Soppapillas and Rellenos, along with other Mexican Favorites. Celebrating 15 years in business. Blue Adobe "Santa Fe" Grille, A Flavorful Spice!
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We arrived for a late lunch and really enjoyed this place .
We sat outside and even though it was hot it was very pleasant with shade and misters !
Jason our server was perfect !

Reviewed May 19, 2014

You know how you'll find a great restaurant and can't wait to go back, only to find out that it doesn't come close to living up to your expectations? Not the case here!

I wrote a review of the Blue Adobe Grille in October 2011, calling it the best meal I'd had in Phoenix, and promising to return on my next trip to the area.

Business dictated a trip this week, and after checking into my downtown hotel and freshening up, it was into the car for the 35 minute drive to Scottsdale.

Everything was as good as I'd remembered. I ordered the Land of Enchantment platter and got a fork-tender filet, some outstanding wood plank grilled shrimp, a chicken breast wrapped in an enchilada shell, and outstanding roasted vegetables. I learned later from our server Caitlin (wonderful personality) that they have the same chef - and he's a partner, so he's pretty I likely to go anywhere.

My colleagues, wary of my proclamation, went along with my recommendation and weren't disappointed. One had crab cakes with a side if rice and beans, and the other had a burrito as big as the plate with what she called "roast beef" as the filling. No spiced hamburger meat here. They have agreed to allow me to choose the restaurants for the remainder of the trip.

I topped off the meal with an excellent crime brûlée, and the bill for three of us, including a couple of margaritas was under 85 bucks.

Mike, I promised it in 2011, and I'll say it again. On my next trip to the Valley of the Sun, your establishment is tops on my list. Despite the fact that you're a Cornhusker! Thanks for the hospitality and the chatter.

3  Thank DBC925
Michael S, Owner at Blue Adobe Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Wow, I cannot thank you enough. I will stop complaining about 1982. Best of travels!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Dined here in February and returned mainly because of the great Moscow Mule. That didn't disappoint and neither did the wonderful guacamole. One diner had the salmon blt and raved about it. The Chop salad was nothing like a taco salad as they claimed. The bottom of the bowl was almost like a bean soup. The salad with spinach and strawberries was ok but have had better. Service was average but ok. Surprised the restaurant was almost vacant on a Friday at 1p. Will return on my next trip to Scotsdale, just won't order a salad.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I went to Blue Adobe Grille recently on Cinco de Mayo on a business trip in Scottsdale, AZ, based on some of the reviews I read here and elsewhere. Having traveled many times to both Santa Fe and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and having enjoyed eating at places like the Owl Cafe, Sadie's, etc., I was expecting a similar experience. Sadly, that was not the case. I started with a regular margarita and their complimentary chips and salsa. The margaritas were very good, I am happy to report, but the salsa just did not have enough "bite" or "heat" (which is a theme I am going to repeat often here). I will say the waitress and host were very friendly, and they did check in often to see how things were during the evening, but, being a bit of an older fellow, I wasn't used to being called "dude" so much by the young (and somewhat naive) waitress. I ordered a chicken enchilada, "Christmas style" with red and green chili sauce. It was served promptly and hot, but two glaring disappointments were 1. The chicken was served "naked" in very large "strips" placed over the top, and as such, tasted very bland. I am more used to the usual marinated shredded chicken typically served inside an enchilada, but this took me by an unpleasant surprise. 2. The dish did not have near enough "heat" and "bite" to it. Being in AZ, I would have expected a lot more zip! The red and green chili sauce was too scarce, and it was bland with not nearly enough spice in it! I was very unimpressed with the main dish, and left wishing I had tried my second choice (a chimichanga) instead! Overall, a very disappointing experience, and not even close to the authentic food I have enjoyed in New Mexico. The atmosphere, cleanliness, service, and margaritas were decent, but the food was very bland and just lacked any passion or character!

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Incredible tamales and stacked enchiladas! Visited for lunch while in Scottsdale at a conference. Nice outdoor patio and friendly service.