“Splendid house but accounting issues with agency”

Review of Via Linda

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

seattlese...
Seattle, Washington
“Splendid house but accounting issues with agency”
Reviewed April 3, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
people found this review helpful

To begin, there were three generations: 2 grandparents, 2 adult kids with spouses,
2 three year olds and a baby. The house is big, plenty of space, and we could spread out and stay in our own orbits. The pool and hot tub were clean and at proper temperature.

Everything worked. The location is fine. Lots to do and nice restaurants and shopping nearby.

I started the search on Air BnB but was sent on to TravelMob where the transactions were completed. This is where the process became a challenge.

There were multiple forms and verifications. One of them was difficult to fill in
even on my big screen PC... the result was that I mistakenly opted for a $320
fee which guaranteed a substitute house if this one was unacceptable. I quickly called the rental manager when I saw the charge, well before arrival , and asked that this be reversed. I was told it would but that never happened. Similar experience with ordering a crib, which I learned we did not need, tried to reverse the $100, was told yes but that didn't happen.

The biggest frustration was getting the Damage Deposit back. NEARLY TWO MONTHS, many calls and multiple excuses. There was no damage and finally the money was returned-- by check even though the funds had been submitted by e-check.

Even though I am positive on the house and appreciative of the pleasant phone interactions with the rental managers, I reluctantly cannot recommend this arrangement.

If I had it to do over I would have gotten 3 casitas at the Hilton or a similar setup at a resort. .

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing