“Mainly a bar scene”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The food was ok, nothing special. I ordered a steak sandwich with fries. The chicken wings were not spicy at all and we ordered medium. It is mainly a bar. It's is a nice place to have a drink, go across the street to the breakfast club if you want good food!

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I wandered into The Bungalow to escape the heat and grab a brew. $2 happy beers! I also ordered the tomato basil hummus plate. What a surprise, it was great. My lucky day I guess.

1  Thank Jski529
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stopped into Bungalow, where I've always had a decent bite and something to drink, especially good for happy hour prices. It's a fun downtown Scottsdale establishment, where you can sit inside with air conditioning or outside with the smokers. I wandered in on a lazy hot Sunday afteroon, about an hour after the 3pm happy hour cut off time. No matter, I was in the mood for chicken wings and a margarita and I was determined to get it even if I had to pay full price. I got my margarita in short order, but it had no more taste than the glass it was served in: no flavor, watery, almost clear as my ice water sitting next to it. No one at any time ever asked how I was doing, how I was enjoying the drink, or I would have offered my opinion. The wings arrived, thank goodness, because now it gave me something to do while sitting at the bar not drinking my drink. I tried to get a bartender's attention, but no luck. How can you ignore someone sitting right at the bar on a slow Sunday afternoon? I pushed my 3/4 full drink as far away from me toward the inner edge of the bar as I could... kind of an international distress signal saying H-E-L-P, problem here! I may as well have been seated alone on the moon, as this got no attention. I finally got up to leave, and without a check offered, estimated the cost of my wings minus any alcohol, and left the money on the bar. I hope I just hit it on a bad day, because this was the kind of experience that would make someone never return. I could understand faulty service being overwhelmed during happy hour, but when arriving at the full-price hour, why isn't the service more attentive?

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stopped in for a quck lunch and discovered some of the best food in Downtown Scottsdale! Particularly enjoyed the sliders -called "Bungalow Bites" and maybe the best we've had, and the Grilled Chicken Quesdadilla. Also a standout was the Spinach and Artichoke dip. Decor was simple elegant and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had drinks and dinner at this bar and grill with a group of 6. Sat outside spent the afternoon then had dinner. Ahi tuna sliders with cucumber sauce to dip them....so good! Steak sliders were also delicious! Hamburgers were fantastic and the prime french dip was very tastey! Service was exceptional! Great time visiting with friends and laughing the day away!