Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $168.77
More Info
from $131.85
More Info
All reviews salt river day trip mid april fun rapids splash jackets felt safe the entire time fajitas middle school hour drive each way lunch provided bucket list great trip a lot of fun phoenix area rafts scenery company
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2019

My wife and I were in the Phoenix area for 5 days. Decided to go white water rafting on the Salt River with Wilderness Aware. Highlight of the trip! Scenery and rafting were spectacular! Our guide, Justin, was very skilled and knowledgeable of the area. He shared entertaining, historical stories of the local people and sites during our 10 mile trip down the river. Plenty of fun rapids! Could only take photos when water was calm.

Date of experience: April 2019
Joe G, Owner at Arizona Rafting by Wilderness Aware, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2019

We love hearing that rafting with us was the highlight of your trip! Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed June 15, 2019 via mobile

Was the water dangerous? Yes it was. Did I feel safe with my crew? Yes I did. With a snug life jacket you are about as likely to drown as a cork is to sink. My crew was fun and there were many laughs. Our guide was well educated and informative. The fajita lunch was great and enough to keep me full all day. I’ll definitely be doing this again next year!

Thanks for joining us and offering a great review! We are looking forward to next year already!

Reviewed June 13, 2019

I'm adventurous and well traveled... always looking for and making the best of every situation. But, with rapids, especially for first timers, safety is vital and the guide we were assigned (she will remain anonymous here, reach out to me if you want her name, so you can request another) did not communicate well; not enough volume or clarity with rowing, and more importantly not much focus on the vital techniques to not get dumped in the water when it gets rough (tucking your feet under holds, etc...) and seemed generally distracted. She was very pleasant, a real sweetheart, actually. But, I didn't feel entirely safe in her hands... and if we go again with this outfitter I would not ride with her. Given that the founder is so experienced, I was surprised she was on the team. Maybe she was having an off day...

The weather was gorgeous, the river was roaring, and the day spent with my friends was wonderful.

Date of experience: March 2019

Thanks for your honest feelings. I have requested more details in a message to you and will follow up with that guide. We put so much effort into training our guides that it is disturbing to hear when one of our guides fall short.

Reviewed June 11, 2019

My coworkers and I took the full day trip and couldn't have had a better time! Our guide was knowledgeable and fun. The water was perfect! We would all do this again.

Date of experience: May 2019

What a great team building day! Thanks for joining us!

Reviewed June 11, 2019

We visited in a group of 12. The trip was A-mazing! The water flow was perfect and our guide was AWESOME! We had such a great time that many of my coworkers now want to do a trip next year. Thank you to all the guides who made our trip one to be talked about for years to come.

Date of experience: April 2019

So glad you had a great trip with your group!