“The good, bad and mostly ugly”

Scottsdale Suites on Shea
Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed May 1, 2006

The good: Very well priced and decent location.

The bad: Gross stained sheets, chipped bathtub, and air conditioning broke down.

The ugly: Surly front desk clerk who theatened my wife's physical safety. When reported to management no action taken. Written letter to corporate resulted in a form letter stating "I hope you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to 'doing the right things right.' . . . I hope we will see you again soon."

Umm, why would I return? Clearly you didn't do ANYTHING 'right.'

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 5, 2006

Next visit to Scottsdale I will stay elsewhere! Our room was ok, but I've been to better and cleaner Country Inns in the past. My main complaint is that when I would ask a question at the front desk (directions, an extra pillow, etc.) it would be greeted with "Don't ask me! I am the last person you should ask for help and there is no one else here to help you. I am here to answer the phones." That is just bad customer service. The complimentary continental breakfast was ok, but since it was spring break the small breakfast room was crowded. The only reason I didn't rate this hotel terrible was that it's in a great location and the hotel was quiet at night for sleeping. We throughly enjoyed our trip to Arizona, but will look elsewhere for a hotel next visit.

8  Thank Bjengaking
A TripAdvisor Member
Portland, OR
Reviewed March 28, 2006

We spent five nights at the Country Inn and with its easy access to 101 we were only 15 minutes from the spring training games in Peoria. Our first floor room was immuculate and spacious. There was a patio off of the bedroom near the pool. The swim hours in the evening are extended until 11:00 pm. We didn't hear a thing. It was the quietest place we have ever stayed. The staff was curteous and helpful, offering us suggestions on great nearby restuarants and golf. The breakfast was exceptional. Fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels and cream cheese, along with delicious belgin waffles. On Sunday morning the eggs and sausage was a welcome edition. The location couldn't be better. There are restuarants, pharmacy, fuel, and freeway access within reach. To be able to stay in beautiful Scottsdale for the reasonable rates that the Inn offers makes it a great value. We truly felt like we had the place to ourselves and they were completey booked all five nights that we were there.
5 stars!!!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2006

We stayed here two nights while visiting Phoenix in March. The hotel was very clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful with make-your-own belgian waffles. We also enjoyed the Mimi's Cafe which is just a walk across the parking lot from the hotel. We were so pleased that we booked another Country Inn in Tucson for our next stop.

4  Thank tagnrocky
Reviewed March 19, 2006

My family stayed at this hotel for just one night, but it was very comfortable. The rooms were clean and well-maintained, although I didn't quite like that there were no doors separating the bedroom from the living room area. The breakfast featured cook-your-own waffles. The location was superb; just off the highway (but no noise), minutes from Taliesin West (which is what we wanted, so we could easily get there for the 9 am tour), handy for Scottsdale center. There were a few chain-looking restaurants nearby, with fancier places minutes away. The service was very friendly. Altogether a very good bet for Scottsdale.

3  Thank INTraveller
Reviewed March 19, 2006

Spent five days in March 2006 at $130/night for a single, non-smoking king. Adjacent to the Shea exit from the 101 freeway loop - somewhat difficult to find on first arrival. Close to many stores and restaurants on a deadend road so street-noise is minimized.
Room is good-sized with table/2-chairs
and an easy chair. 27-inch cable TV but only about a dozen channels. Bathroom is exceptional. Three safety bars surround the bathtub and there is an additional safety bar near the toilet which sits higher than normal off the floor. There's plenty of hot water around the clock. Shower head is state-of-the-art and plenty of bath towels.
The morning breakfast draws a big crowd but there are no doughnuts/sweet pastries. There are plenty of bagels and yogurt. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank trippingJack
Reviewed February 3, 2006

My friend and I just returned from five nights at the Country Inn and Suites. We were very pleased with our stay. The location was good, near restaurants and easy access around Scottsdale. The hotel lobby was lovely and our room was quite comfortable. Our room was on the main floor with a small patio overlooking the pool area. The room was VERY clean, which is so important. The room rate included a nice breakfast in the morning, including Belgian waffles every day, and scrambled eggs and sausage on certain days. The only complaint I have is that the breakfast room was a little small. This wasn't a big deal, but it did get busy and a little crowded from time to time.

I can highly recommend this hotel and would return in the future.

• Stayed: January 2006