“Country Inn excellent value for Scottsdale”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed March 19, 2006

My family stayed at this hotel for just one night, but it was very comfortable. The rooms were clean and well-maintained, although I didn't quite like that there were no doors separating the bedroom from the living room area. The breakfast featured cook-your-own waffles. The location was superb; just off the highway (but no noise), minutes from Taliesin West (which is what we wanted, so we could easily get there for the 9 am tour), handy for Scottsdale center. There were a few chain-looking restaurants nearby, with fancier places minutes away. The service was very friendly. Altogether a very good bet for Scottsdale.

3  Thank INTraveller

Reviewed March 19, 2006

Spent five days in March 2006 at $130/night for a single, non-smoking king. Adjacent to the Shea exit from the 101 freeway loop - somewhat difficult to find on first arrival. Close to many stores and restaurants on a deadend road so street-noise is minimized.
Room is good-sized with table/2-chairs
and an easy chair. 27-inch cable TV but only about a dozen channels. Bathroom is exceptional. Three safety bars surround the bathtub and there is an additional safety bar near the toilet which sits higher than normal off the floor. There's plenty of hot water around the clock. Shower head is state-of-the-art and plenty of bath towels.
The morning breakfast draws a big crowd but there are no doughnuts/sweet pastries. There are plenty of bagels and yogurt. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank trippingJack
Reviewed February 3, 2006

My friend and I just returned from five nights at the Country Inn and Suites. We were very pleased with our stay. The location was good, near restaurants and easy access around Scottsdale. The hotel lobby was lovely and our room was quite comfortable. Our room was on the main floor with a small patio overlooking the pool area. The room was VERY clean, which is so important. The room rate included a nice breakfast in the morning, including Belgian waffles every day, and scrambled eggs and sausage on certain days. The only complaint I have is that the breakfast room was a little small. This wasn't a big deal, but it did get busy and a little crowded from time to time.

I can highly recommend this hotel and would return in the future.

• Stayed: January 2006
6  Thank antmaril
Reviewed November 21, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in early November when we attended the Fountain Hills Arts & Crafts Show. It was a perfect location since it's on Shea Blvd. and you take Shea Blvd. directly over to Fountain Hills.

The hotel is very comfortable. We had a king suite and plenty of room. The bathroom is quite roomy; there's a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. They have a continental breakfast which was very popular. We ended up taking it back to our room because there were normally no tables available. They serve soup at 9:00 every night. We didn't participate in that. By 9:00 we're ready for bed; not ready to eat soup. But that's a nice feature for some.

There was a dog show nearby and there were many dogs at the hotel. So they're obviously a dog-friendly hotel.

We'd definitely stay there again.

10  Thank cimel
Reviewed November 7, 2005

I just stayed at this hotel last week, and I absolutely loved it. I chose this hotel due to the fact that they accept dogs, and it was very affordable. Everything we needed was close by, restaurants, starbucks, places to walk my dog. The staff was an absolute pleasure, always greeting us, and asking if we needed anything. They especially treated my dog well, and was very accomodating.

I really can't say enough nice things. It was comfortable (not deluxe), but it did the job. Friendly and courteous staff ( including housekeeping). They even had a hot breakfast buffet every morning. I will definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank brooke264
A TripAdvisor Member
Lindstrom, Minnesota
Reviewed October 25, 2005

We stayed 5 nights in October while we crewed the Phoenix Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk and it served it's purpose well. The room was clean and close by all that we needed to go to. The only thing I would say is that new beds are needed. Our room's beds we sinking in the middle and a bit hard. Other then that though I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 25, 2005

We just returned from our weekend stay at the Country Inn in Scottsdale. We were there for a wedding and between all of us had maybe 15 rooms booked. Some friends who stayed at the Hitlon said our rooms were nicer than theirs and ours were half the price. The staff was very helpful and did a great job at giving directions. They went the extra mile, even had a staff member buy a can opener for one of our group. The continental breakfast had a great variety and quantity of foods each morning. Lots more to choose from than the standard danish and O.J. you're given at most hotels.

• Stayed: April 2005