“Jackpot! Perfect for our needs...”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
“Jackpot! Perfect for our needs...”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The reviews I saw in Trip Advisor were right on the money. Close to freeways, better than average breakfast, comfy, clean rooms, great service from the front desk, reasonable price, good pool area, quiet...the list goes on and on. This is a NOT a resort property, but a good hotel in a convenient area if north Scottsdale is your destination.

My only real critique is the exercise room is lame. Two ellipticals, a treadmill and some useless benches. Other than that, thumbs way up on this property.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear JTL61,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your concerns about the exercise room.. Guest feedback is very important to us. It allows us to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Scottsdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Arizona
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice. We live nearby, so these were not vacation stays; one was when our water heater decided to go crazy on us. The hotel itself is nice -- standard Country Inn lobby, good breakfast, comfortable rooms. The location isn't a resort area -- but it's convenient to the highway and there are plenty of services and restaurants nearby. I would say that it's on par with other hotels of its class in the area. What set it apart for me, though, was the management. I had a minor issue with points not posting, and management's response was rapid. It sort of made me feel as though if there were an issue during a stay, they would be on top of it, and with all the major chains offering roughly equivalent, convenient, and comfortable hotels in this general class in the North Scottsdale general area, that's the sort of thing that can make a difference. I think this will be my "go to" local hotel when guests visit and want to stay nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Ikar,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your time of need. We hope that everything is going better. Thank your great comments about our management. We will pass these great comments on to all our staff at the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.. We hope that if you ever need a hotel in the area again that you will stay with us.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is the second time I have had the pleasure of staying at The Country Inn in n. Scottsdale. Once again I find myself remembering why I enjoyed my first stay so much.
The beds are comfy to sleep in and the pillows are soft and plentiful. The bathroom is bright with a large bath shower combo. I like the lounge area with the small table for a laptop or eating. The fridge, microwave coffee maker and sink are a great feature. Thank you!
In the morning you can catch a yummy breakfast with eggs, waffles, cereal, breads and bagles, yogurt and juices. The front desk staff are attentive, friendly and efficient. Thank you for all of your help and not being robots.
Tim, I owe you a drink for being awesome, just as I remembered you from last time. Having taken my reservation by phone, greeted me upon arrival and helping me with my bags. They even have a handy shuttle service during the day that can take you to many different places. From the many stores and attractions to the amazing hospital around the corner.

Thanks for everything, I will be sure to be back and send all my friends who come to visit. You made my visit memorable and personable. I feel comfortable at your great hotel.

Good Job, to everyone,
Regards,
Thomas M.

• Stayed June 2012
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Thomas M,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. We are so glad that you stayed with us again. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. Thank you for all of your comments about our staff and Tim. We will pass these great comments on to him. Our employees love to hear when they are doing a good job. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites at the Tucson Airport for five days just before our two day stay in Scottsdale so I can compare the two locations. Most of the hotel amenities were similar, with a few exceptions.
We had to settle for a two queen room, which was very crowded compared to the single king in Tucson. There never seemed to be enough room to stretch out. Also, the AC was very noisy and the fan ran the entire time. That limited us to sleeping in the bed furthest away which was jammed very close to the bathroom wall.
The staff was efficient at check in and answered all of our questions, but were noticably not as friendly. We were never greeted when entering the lobby, but that could have been because the hotel was more crowded.
The pool, which we never used, seemed larger and better landscaped than the Tucson hotel. There were definitely more spots to get out of the sun.
We prefer to use the stairs vs the elevator after check in. The only sets of stairs that I could find for the third floor were near the back of the building. The second floor did have a stairs heading up to the second floor right in the lobby in the middle of the building

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed in the Country Inn & Suites for three nights recently and truly enjoyed the stay, the breakfast was excellent, the wi-fi and the room were beyond question. The pool is also a lovely quiet area where we were able to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

Room Tip: Book through a website, don't expect any discounts from staff, they get a bit short if you do.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DarrellNI
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Scottsdale, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear DarrellNI,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate hearing all of your comments. Thank you for mentioning our great amenities. We appreciate all of the guest feedback we get. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a few days prior to a business conference. As usual at the Country Inn our experience was very good. Our room was clean and comfortable and the staff did all they could to make sure we were comfortable. They offer a free shuttle service which really allowed us to relax and have a few drinks without having to worry about driving when we went out to dinner. In my opinion, this free shuttle service alone makes it worthwhile staying at this property!

Room Tip: This is a large property so if you don't get around easy, ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Healthcoach1,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for mentioning our shuttle service. We are very happy to offer this to our guests. Thank you for all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.Thank you again, and we hope that you will come stay with us again in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed here over Easter Weekend on a Saturday night.

Checked in just after 3 PM. The rate I got online was a Spring Baseball Promotion Package that included a Welcome Gift I never saw. The guy at the front desk was quick and efficient in getting me my room keys and he gave me a helpful map to the hotel. Plenty of parking outside.

In the Lobby area, it's true what the other reviews state about the dark carpeting-- it's not hip but it's not tattered-- only out of fashion. I found the Fireplace and other furniture functional and attractive. There is free coffee by the doorway and a bowl of candy on a coffee table. A business center is set up by the the front desk with a computer that can be used to surf the Internet. Two Elevators are available-- slow but sturdy. I opted to take the stairs to the second floor. There are three floors total.

In the room, the Queen Bed I got was big, feeling just below firm when I lay on it, with billowy numerous pillows. The LG LCD Widescreen comes with an easy to use remote . You won't have to worry about accidentally ordering a movie in your room for a crazy amount! But they do offer a long selection of fun channels including HBO FOODNETWORK ESPN etc.
There is a good sized microwave that I used for mac and cheese. I went to the KROGER/FRYS Grocery store across the street- a well stocked emporium of finer foods including sushi- dozens of cheeses and all the wine variety you can imagine. The night table has a alarm clock radio. One Tallback Wingarm chair sits in the corner and a small table with 2 chairs are provided for dining area. Plenty of outlets for laptop and phones.

Numerous other food options are available. You can walk drive or order in-- italian chinese french japanese mexican and american fare are what I saw by merely circling the block. VILLAGE INN is across the street and RED ROBINS is across the parking lot as well as MIMI'S BAKERY CAFE. I also spied WHATABURGER, PANDA EXPRESS, SCHLOTZKYS and IHOP nearby.

The bathroom has all the amenities you want and towels towels glorious towels.
A nice deep bath with well lit vanity are always a plus. But the toilet had a weak flow when I checked in that eventually became clogged. I told the front desk about it as I left for dinner.
When I returned closer to midnight the toilet was repaired but the sopping towels I left to contain the overflow were still on the floor-- still quite wet.

The rooms also come with a coffee maker that can be used for tea as well. I tried both and they tasted great with the complimentary cookies you can get at the front desk.
Air conditioner is controlled manually on a unit that is below the window. The window can be opened, which is what I did to let in the awesome night desert air, after turning off the A/C.
I slept well.

I woke up early just in time for the splendid spread I found in the breakfast pantry!! Bagels, toast and muffins with jams, cream cheese and butter. Soft Scrambled Eggs, Steaming Gravy and Biscuits, Juices and Milk with cereals and fruits. I had to eat twice to appease my appetite!!

The Hotel gave me late checkout at 2 PM which I requested as a Silver Elite member of Club Carlson. This is my second stay at one of their properties.

Over all, the Hotel is in a quiet corporate area of North Scottsdale. There are alot of newer places to eat nearby and a handy Circle K 24 Convenience store. Closer to the hotel there is a 24 hr gas station with car wash. I did see a posted sign in the hotel parking lot from Scottsdale Police warning people that a BAIT car may be in the lot at any time. Should that concern me?

The Pima Freeway 101 is next to the Hotel with easy on and off access. The Hotel is a bit far from other parts of the Valley but you can be there fairly soon by using the Freeway.

I did not use the full size ironing board nor the iron. But it can be handy. Hair dryer also went unused. I appreciated the extra pillows provided above the closet. Ice machine at the south end of the hallway worked strong and fast. Plenty of lighting in the room makes it easy to read which I also did during my stay. No noise complaints. Families with kids but no drama to report. I had a nice stay.

I made reservations for next week when my parents arrive to visit Phoenix. I feel that you can't beat the deal right now for what you get at this hotel, considering it's location. Especially the wonderful breakfast provided poolside -- which I also did not use but looked full when I checked in. I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the freeway or North to avoid morning sun.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo