“Great stay”

Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Malden
“Great stay”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I arrived very late in the evening to our hotel, and were greeted by a very friendly attendant at the desk. It was so nice to climb into a comfortable bed, and get a good night's rest! The room was extremely clean, neat and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Easthampton, MA
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this Hampton Inn. Desk clerks were friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and met our needs completely. We had a very early flight, and even though the breakfast area didn't officially open until 6 am, we were able to find juice, coffee, and some pastry- at no additional cost, unlike the hotels in which we stayed the previous two nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
European in Midwest
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stay in Phoenix over 100 nights a year. This hotel had the noisiest A/C unit I have ever experienced. Also the walls were paper thin, so you could not only hear doors closing in the next room, you could feel the shudder in your bed.

Staff was very nice though, location is good, and facility is clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Bualabus,

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise issues that you experienced. Your comments will help us to work towards correcting these issues. We would like to learn more about your stay and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can continue this conversation personally, and do what we can to make amends. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Best Regards,

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had a wonderful stay!! The entire hotel staff was so helpful and friendly from the front desk staff to the housekeeping and maintenance!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. The lobby is nice and cozy. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Pool is great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Louisville, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was recently in Phoenix for business training. This hotel was a nice quiet home away from home for the week. I could grab coffee and a light hot breakfast before I left for the morning and wasn't back until the evening to read and rest,

Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed at several Hampton Inns. This one the room was rather small. I would expect that in New York city which truly is the case. But this is Arizona, I didn't expect the room to be so small. I felt like I was staying at a motel. I usually like staying at Hampton Inn because it is a great value for all that you get. Everything else was fine.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Scottsdale at Shea Blvd, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Grayce N,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton family of hotels, and for staying with us recently. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your room, and offer my apologies for any discomfort you experienced. We do have a variety of room types available here, and hope you will let us know your needs and desires, and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. Please consider giving us another chance to serve you on a future visit.

San Francisco
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hampton Inns offer good value rooms and service. What I liked about this hotel was that the front office staff was so accommodating and helpful. From simple directions to where to find a great Italian restaurant, they went the extra mile to be sure we were pleased. I would come back again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room that was quiet.