Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Southern California
“Good Value”
Reviewed July 2, 2010

This is in an excellent location, plenty of restaurants within walking distance of this location, my only complaint is they need to update their electronics to pre 1970's. Most of the rooms do NOT have an hookup for a DVD. Also the interior could do with a minor face lift. On the bright side, this was a GREAT value $42 a night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Austin
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We were in the Phoenix area for a family event and chose this hotel due to its proximity to where we needed to be, but also because we have stayed at other Homewood Suites around the country and had previous positive stays with them.

We were traveling with my elderly parents (in their late 70s, early 80s) and I wanted them to feel comfortable and have easy access to whatever they needed, and I mentioned that I was traveling with senior citizens in the comments box when I booked the reservation online. Upon check-in my parents were given a ground level floor that was close to the lobby which they and I very much appreciated, and my husband and I got a room on the third floor per our request for a high room near the elevators.

The rooms are spacious with a large living area, fully stocked kitchen, a separate bedroom with televisions in both the living area and the bedroom. The bathroom is large with a separate dressing area and the unit itself was super clean although we did not have much of a view from our third floor room but it also meant that we heard no street noise, and because the bedroom is located in the back of the unit we did not hear any noise from the hallways so we had a nice peaceful night's sleep.

On each morning of our stay we had their (complimentary) full breakfast in the lobby, however on the third morning of our stay the breakfast offerings were slim due to a congregation of loud, cackling housekeepers (appeared to be a training convention for housekeepers) that ate most of the food, leaving little else for the guests so we took some toast and jelly and opted to eat in our room instead.

I used the onsite fitness facility and was quite pleased with it, as it met my needs. It includes a couple of treadmills , a stationary bike, elliptical machine, and free weights. There is also a water dispenser, plastic cups, disposable wipes and a rack fully stocked with towels - basically everything you might find in your large commercial gym but on a much smaller scale. There is also a television if you want to catch up on the news while you exercise.

Since we were road tripping I did one load of laundry and the facility was clean and functional. We had no issues whatsoever with the in-room high speed internet service, it snapped on right away. We did not use the pool area so I cannot comment on that other that it looked inviting, and my husband wished he had brought this basketball because we noticed a basketball court near the pool which is good for traveling with teenagers - or grown men that prefer to shoot hoops over walking on a treadmill. :)

Overall we enjoyed our stay at this Homewood Suites and will keep them in mind when we travel back to the Phoenix area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank JackpotJudy
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter. Having been originally from AZ I knew the area and figured it would be good. In the past we always stayed at Embassy Suites/24th St., but after a not so good time at the hotel in Dec 2009, I thought it might be time to try someplace new. All I can say is that it was MORE than we expected. The rooms are just like Embassy but have a FULL kitchen. ALL the staff were happy to help us. The pool was heated which was a blessing since it was late spring. Breakfast was magnificent AND their "light meal" in the evening was FANTASTIC. One night we had Chicken Cattatori,veges, salad and bread, along with wine or beer and sodas. Another night was Tortellini with either marinara or alfredo sauce, vege, salad and bread. It was a complete meal. I felt very secure because you need a room key to get in any building door at any time of day. Maid service was great. We asked for more coffee and she left us 4 packets. Furnishings were great, a table and chairs, recliner, couch, and the bedroom had 2 double beds, dresser and desk. The bath room was huge and the outside dressing area was great. The area surroundings are resorts and tons of restaurants. Be prepared to have a wonderful visit and I hope your stay was as good as mine.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank cyalady
Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed May 15, 2010

You won't get chocolates and turn down service here, but it's definitely a five-star hotel in its class. If you want to stay in clean, comfortable rooms that are a great value, that are convenient to lots of places, and have a friendly courteous staff this is the place for you! We weren't there for the lite dinners, but the breakfasts were great - warm food, plus the standard complimentary breakfast stuff. My kids particularly liked the belgian waffles. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, we heard no noise from other travelers. Easy access to the business center to check email. My only complaints would be the lack of dresser space and the tiny trash cans. When you have four kids in one room, three tiny drawers does not cut it. Nor does a tiny kitchen trash can that can only hold three empty water bottles - the small single serve kind - especially if you're in a desert. These were minor inconveniences, everything else was great. The staff was outstanding, very friendly and knowledgeable. Would stay here again and recommend to others!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank sfkmom
Arizona
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This was our second stay at this hotel and I would rate it a 5-star experience at a value price. Suites are nicely furnished and exceptionally clean. Linens are nice and bed was a comfy king. Location was very quiet. Service was extremely friendly and professional. Included in the price of the room is free food, beer and wine on week nights as well as a hot breakfast every morning. Pool is ample size and sparkles with cleanliness. If you are in Scottsdale for medical appts. at Mayo Clinic, they will give you a special rate. Be sure and ask. We've stayed many places in SD and this is our favorite. Oh yes, and by the way, they welcomed our kitty for an additional fee which was well worth it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Donna B
Plano, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2010

The hotel provides daily hot breakfast and full dinner with beer, wine, and soft drinks Mon-Thur. The food was surprisingly very good! Other than expected thin walls, I had no problems with the room. It had a central AC which worked quietly and was conveniently managed by a digital controller. Staff was very accommodating in getting me a preferred higher floor. I will recommend this hotel to Phoenix visitors and will be back again with my family.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank want2c
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Suites are spacious and well furnished. Very pleasant for two people. Hotel offers an exceptional breakfast ("Free") with good options. Also offers social hour with a full dinner meal during the week, if you don't feel like heading out. Also stayed at Residence Inns during this trip - much preferred the Homewood Suites.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple