“Great Value in Convenient Scottsdale Location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale
Ranked #47 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a very good location in Scottsdale for a very acceptable price. Suite was a little cramped but had a nice kitchenette, firm bed and two great TV's. Breakfast had good and varied selections. Outdoor pool was a little small.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff at this hotel was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay! The food was very tasty for breakfast with all kinds of options. The hosted dinner was nice as well, though I mostly enjoyed eating out at the very nearby restaurants. It was clean, well maintained and again, any issue, the staff jumped on it right away! Great management of very good people!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My family and I stayed in a 2 room suite for 4 days recently. My daughter left her Nintendo DS on the table right inside the door when we checked out. I called and talked to the front desk. They said they would look for it. I had to call back hours later to for them to say nope, no one found it. I asked someone to look again. It was in a bright pink case on the table. I know it was left there. They said they would keep an eye out for it. It is pretty sad when you know it was left in there and even right where it was left. We still have not heard back from their management about it. I can't say the hotel was a good value as they cost us a lot of money having to replace the DS. The roads around the hotel on both sides only allow for right turns so be prepared. Breakfast was awesome. Heated pool was not turned on so pool was about 60 degrees and nobody would turn the heat on so major reason for staying there we were unable to use. Walls were pretty thin so you could hear everyone flushing toilets and the water running.

2  Thank RoleHinkelspier
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Hello RoleHinkelspier,

We apologize that we could not meet your expectations, but your feedback will be crucial in our continuous training to improve our services.

We regret to hear that your Nintendo DS was not found on our property. After speaking with the staff, it was confirmed that the Executive Housekeeper was notified as soon as you placed your call to our property in regards to your lost item. Immediate action was taken to locate the Nintendo DS, housekeepers were asked, carts and the laundry room were inspected, but the item was not found. Locating lost items in checked out rooms can be a process due to them possibly being wrapped in linen to be washed.

We apologize that hours passed until you called to find out that the item was not located. The front office supervisor communicated to you during the week that in fact the Nintendo DS was not located after checking all areas of which it could have been placed after cleaning the room.

Per our conversation on Monday morning, I will review the steps taken to locate your Nintendo DS and take action where needed. Again, your feedback is important to us therefore, I would like to discuss the other issues raised as to how we can improve for our future guests.

Thank you for your positive comments about our breakfast and looking forward to speaking with you again today.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We found the facilities to be vey nice, with a very good location and easy to find. Centrally located in Scottsdale and on same street as a great shopping mall. Amenities were great, as were the people at the front desk.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great hotel with nice amenities. Having a suite is great when bedtimes vary for the family. It a great not having to worry about breakfast in the morning especially when the breakfast provided has such great variety. The kitchenette area is great when you want to have drinks and snacks when either working late or watching television. I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Recently, I had visit my son, who lives in Scottsdale, AZ. His apartment is very small, so my wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale. The room was clean and all amenities of a suite were available to add comfort to your visit more manageable from a busy city life. The complimentary breakfast was good and the staff reception were great. I am planning my next trip to Scottsdale soon and I am planning to stay here again. Great stay.

Room Tip: Scottsdale is a very busy city with drivers that are not patient and ignore speed limits. Plan well...