“Great so far”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed June 19, 2012

First night In... great!! Staff was polite during checking in.. Told me the easiest way to get to the room.. Told me about all hotel offers.. I ran out of ice... Megan offered to bring to room but I choose to grab it my self.. So far so good.. Being a Hilton honor member..Im impressed so far.. I like the fact that they are environment friendly!! . All I can say so far is great.. Room is comfy.. Need more tv channels though. Let's see how the next 3 nights go.. VFM ( value for money) so far .... Great!! I just wish the fridge made ice... Or they had a ice machine.... But if u ask front staff... They will offer u a bag... Thnx Megan!! But need more outlets in the room... Or offer an extension cord.. L

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mtymouse

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here just one night Memorial Day weekend. I picked this hotel to be near Taliesin, old town Scottsdale & because I had a very nice stay awhile back at a Homewood in Washington DC.
We enjoyed the free evening meal & breakfast. This Hotel had so much food, we did not need to go out to eat dinner, which was a pleasant surprise. I expected more "finger food", but it was a complete meal.
We had great difficulty regulating the temperature of our room & I finally called the front desk. A young man came up & changed the AC air filter & checked the coolant levels. He brought a box fan to help cool down the room. He came back & checked again (brought us some extra popcorn) and to be sure we were comfortable & happy. I regret I cannot remember his name! (But thank you for your kindness & attention to detail)
My only quibble has to do with the layout of the hotel. It has very long corridors with stairs/elevators only at ends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

What a crappy, old, worn, hotel - Not up to Hilton standards.
Carpet shows big bubble as if their is a pyhon snake under it.
Shower walls have dirt stains and peeling wallpaper.
What a Run down, sad, hotel.
They use water softener which means you can't rince soap off your body and will forever feel that slimy soapy feeling. Gross!
Long maid hair on my bathroom floor and maid leaves her dirty cleaning cart actually blocking my way into my room.
Clock stuck on the wrong time and no way to change the time on it.
Disgusting dump of a hotel.
Funny though - they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee sign in the room. I asked them to honor it and girl said she must ask her manager (Jessica Torres) who denied me the 100% guarantee promise - which stated that if you are not satisfied, you pay nothing. Jessica Torres (cardboard manager) refused to honor their promise. Why post the 100% satisfaction in every room if manager refuses to honor that commitment? What a joke!
I checked out after 1 night and stayed instead at the superior Residence Inn.
In this case, Hilton sucks!

Room Tip: stay in a cardboard box on the street. Much cleaner.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank JimB_Traveler
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Mr. JimBeck,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your stay. I would like the opportunity to discuss the challenges you experienced, as I was not involved in the situation. We have an exemplary reputation of treating all of our guests like family with the utmost respect and professionalism, therefore, I look forward to changing your negative perception of Hilton through our phone conversation.

Our hopes are to provide all of our guests with an exceptional experience, not just a few. Therefore, I look forward to discussing possible solutions in respect with the softness of our water.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We asked for a quiet room and were not disappointed. As this is a suite hotel, there were 3 rooms -living room, bedroom and bathroom. The living/dining area was well appointed and there was plenty of space. We were only here overnight but we thought it was a really comfortable hotel. Lots of parking, restaurants are nearby, or if you want, you can buy microwaveable meals from reception. The breakfast was great, very varied as other reviewers have said and you can sit inside or outside to eat. Very pleasant. Staff were helpful and we really liked staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HampshireMim

Hello HampshireMim,

Thank you for your time and consideration in reviewing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your quiet location and hope that it contributed to a relaxing stay with us.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Both my sister and I enjoyed our stay. Staff were friendly, helpful and concerned. Location was central to all our destinations. Complimentary breakfast and evening snack were good. Would stay here again on next visit to Phoenix

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pat B

Hello HampshireMim,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel and staff. I’m happy to hear that our location was convenient for your stay. Our centrally located hotel makes it easier for us to transport our guests with our complimentary shuttle to a variety of shopping districts, restaurants, and attractions within a 5 mile radius.

See you soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Once again I found myself in Scottsdale and of course stayed at the Homewood suites. It was as wonderful this time as last and thats one thing you will find there, consistency. Staff from front desk to cleaning staff are friendly,helpful and kind. The food is good, breakfast is ever changing and so many items to pick from. Dinner is fresh and always hot and tasty. The rooms are clean, comfortable and large. This hotel is a comfortable place to be...almost like staying with a close relative!!!

Room Tip: Second floor is the best place...!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandie912

Hello Sandie912,

Your wonderful comments about our staff put big smiles from ear to ear on everyone on our team, THANK YOU!!! The Homewood Suites brand is all about creating a home away from home culture, therefore, your comment “…almost staying with a close relative!!!” showed us that we are hitting the mark. Our team is very much like a family and we like to extend that warm familiarity to our guests. Welcome to our family and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed for a week at the end of April. We will be back! This place fit the bill. The focus of our stay was to sit back and relax and see a few sites. We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff very friendly. The suppers that where included Mon-Thurs where good. Salad Bar was on all of those nights with a different main course each day. Free Happy Hour 5-7. The breakfast was more than we ever eat on a regular basic, so was a treat. The pool was a bit small but the pool area was not busy at all. I looked around at various hotels in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area and this was the most affordable and received the most benefits.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank turtlebomb

Hello Turtlebomb,

On behalf of the Homewood Suites Scottsdale staff, I thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. We are overjoyed with your glowing compliments on our team and our services. We agree, “Why stay anywhere else?”

Thank you! See you soon!