Gainey Suites Hotel
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$104
Talking Stick Resort(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$129
$104
$99
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$123
$207
$197
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
Hyatt.com
$239
1,630 results
All reviewsteddy bearshappy hourevening receptionfull kitchengainey villagerich newmanparadise bakeryfree beer and winebedroom suitestarbucks coffeecourtyard viewcocktail hourpool areatacosfresh fruitcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast and dinner
Reviewed December 19, 2006

We picked this hotel based on the good reviews on this site. After our stay, I cannot understand the enthusiasm for this hotel posted here. I can hardly believe we all stayed at the same property. Possibly everyone who posted here had two bedroom units and possibly they were spacious enough. We had a 1 BR King "Suite." They stuffed a tiny (and I mean TINY) bedroom, "living room" & full kitchen into the smallest space we've EVER stayed in. You could not get two suitcases into the bedroom. We ended up placing one suitcase in the very limited space in the so-called "living room." You could not close the bedroom door without removing the quilted bedspread. We had to throw the numerous pillows on the bed into the living room when we went to sleep or we would not have had space to walk around the bed. Two people could not utilize the tiny closet/dressing area at the same time & I weigh 105 lbs. We felt we were living in a dungeon. The price of $225 a nite was absolutely ridiculous for these accommodations. The exceptionally ordinary "continental breakfast" & meagre "evening social hour" are not even worth mentioning. The hotel has beautiful, spacious PUBLIC (banquet, lobby, etc.) rooms - but who cares? Yes, it is clean. Yes, the bed was comfortable. Yes, there is an attractive pool area. But I would like a little of that attractiveness and spaciousness in my personal quarters. We travel frequently & have stayed at many different-brand hotel properties, some very good, some just o.k. This is the first time for Gainey and it will be the last.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank golfette
Reviewed October 25, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Gainey Suites on the first night of our Arizona/Vegas vacation in Mid October. We had a courtyard/pool view King room and the bed was extremely comfortable. I would say that the clientele while we were there consisted of a lot of young 20-something pharma sales types and a handful of vacationers so the complimentary happy hour was rather full, but they did have wine, tap beer (Bud Light), soda machine, and some hot and cold appetizers. It looked like a private reception was occuring around the pool, so we did not venture outside, but the pool grounds looked really nice.

We walked to dinner at Bloom, which was on the other side of Gainey Village. We were disappointed in the food there. New American trendy with not a lot of exciting taste. However there are several options within walking distance and you aren't far from the Scottsdale Arts districts which have some dining choices as well.

My main warning to anyone not traveling on business who might be planning to sleep in a little bit: Housekeeping comes around BEFORE 8am, and they do not give you time to jump up and keep them out of the room. Why knock and call out when you are just going to barge on in anyway?? So be sure to put out your "do not disturb" sign even if you plan to sleep only until 8.

I thought the breakfast was pretty typical Hampton Inn fare. We got down there around 9 and the coffee was empty and the selection was thin (but we pretty much expected this given that the breakfast started at 6:30). We headed over to Paradise Bakery in Gainey Village and picked up some fresh coffee and wonderful muffins and cinnamon roll.

Finally, the guy who checked us in did not tell us anything about the happy hour or times for breakfast. We could obviously see that a reception was occuring but we had to check the book in the room for times, etc. I wish desk clerks would take the time to go over basic things like that. It isn't hard and makes you feel more welcome.

Overall, we would stay there again, and I recommend it. Just hang up that privacy tag on the door!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank wkmoon
Reviewed September 22, 2006

I booked this hotel for $135/night, which was an amazing rate for such an awesome hotel - but found that Hotels.com is no longer representing this hotel, so I don't know if that rate is going to be around anymore. The desk clerk had a hard time even getting the computer to accept the rate, since the lowest rate they offer is $159. Still, they honored it and worked out a way to give me a credit at the end to balance it out.

The location of the hotel is excellent, just off Scottsdale road next to a great little shopping center with excellent restaurants, including Pei Wei, Paradise Bakery (lunches) and something or other Tavern and Blooms, all of which we tried, and enjoyed, plus a nice Mexican restaurant, which we didn't get to.

Back to the hotel - a wonderful, almost new, very clean suites hotel with (in my room) a king bed, and a living room with sofa bed, plus full equipped kitchen, and nice bathroom with outside vanity. Everyone gets a free teddy bear, and the bed was very comfortable.

Fresh chocolate chip cookies were available at the front desk, a free breakfast and cocktail hour were standard fare, but greatly appreciated, and the pool was clean, quiet, and lovely.

I had a fabulous stay, and would definitely recommend it highlyk, and will go back again!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank caryperk
Reviewed September 19, 2006

I had read the reviews of this hotel and booked it based on its great reputation. We were not at all disappointed. We had 2 couples in the 2 bedroom suite and had more than enough room for all of us. The pool area is beautiful and the breakfast/happy hours were great. We especially liked the location- restaurants and bakerys are within walking distance and grocery stores were very close. The area is beautiful too-on the desert with lovely views of the mountains. The staff is great too. Just loved everything about it!

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank YujiOda
Reviewed May 24, 2006

I was referred to this hotel on a business trip as the other hotel nearby was sold out. I was pleasantly surprised how spacious the room is and the amenities provided in the room. The genearl surrounding is very quite and convenient. Grocery shopping and gas station are about 1 mile away. The hote itself appears to be a "Inn" type of motel when I first arrived, but the actual room is much better than I ever expected. They have extremely comfortable bed, and I slept very well. Please note the housekeeping started knocking on the door at 7:30am, be sure to leave "do not disturb" sign out. I will definitely stay here again for future trip to Scottsdale.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business