“A resort. On a smaller scale”

Gainey Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great location. Across the street from Hyatt Gainey Ranch. Appetizers at evening reception was great. Shopping center with a good selection of restaurants literally shares a parking lot with the hotel. Most rooms do not have a balcony or patio, which is a disappointment. The pool is basic, but luxury amenities around it. Padded chairs, water features etc. The outside ambience of bar and seating area quite relaxing. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank spagirl104

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great hotel! Friendly and hard working staff from front desk to kitchen and wait staff and pool people and housekeeping. Had an early flight so checked in early and they had a room ready for me. I had said on my reservation I might need early check in and they had it ready. I had already asked for courtyard pool view since I had seen it on the reviews and so glad that I did. I had been upgraded to the courtyard pool view which was nice. The pool staff worked very hard making sure there were plenty of towels and also cleaning the pool and wiping down the chairs all the time. The breakfast was definitely worth it! Good food and plenty of options. The kitchen and wait staff were friendly and hard working also. The evening reception was like a meal and very good also. I ate a big breakfast and then grabbed a banana and yogurt to eat as lunch. The room was very nice and modern and clean. There was a full kitchen and it was nice. If you want a place to go I would recommend a short walk over to Paradise Bakery and Café where I was able to get a fountain drink and some good cookies. I would recommend taking something you can get water in. I had a water bottle from the airport and would fill that up and freeze and take it to the pool. I had a great time my last night there. Overall a great hotel that I highly recommend. Will stay there again if I go back to Scottsdale. Thanks!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank gr8athleticbud
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I recently had a long weekend at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale and had a wonderful time! The rooms are spacious, well designed, and include a convenient kitchen. Not that you have to use it very much, as complimentary breakfast and "appetizers" are provided, which turned out to be quite substantial if you ask me! Great place to bring a family, great location, and a great pool. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room against the outer perimeter, which buffered against pool noise in the courtyard nicely...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2014

It was a perfect stay (16-18 June 2014). We booked a standard room but we got upgraded to a junior suite. We had 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and a living room with a very wel equipped kitchen inbetween. Very stylish decorated with nature stone tiles in the bathroom. The swimmingpool is great and also the breakfast as well as the complimentary finger foods and salads/snacks in the evening. We also used the gym wich was very nice and clean. Also located close to Old Town Scottsdale (lovely). Hotel is definitely recommended! Also when traveling in june which is a dry month (90% humidity) make sure you drink enough water against dehydration. Escpecially when your not used to the desert! If you like shopping, next to the hotel at walking distance there are some nice boutique shops. For the real shopping go to Arizona Malls in Phoenix!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I attended a two week workshop in Scottsdale and stayed at the Gainey Suites. The staff was super friendly and made me feel welcome during my entire stay. The breakfast and dinners were great and I loved the kitchen and fridge. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason Q
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Beautiful accommodations! The outside appearance is not very impressive. But, once you enter lobby & patio/pool area you are transported to a world of relaxation & comfort. We stayed in one of the 2-bedroom suites, with full-size fridge, dishwasher, microwave & stovetop. TVs are provided in both bedrooms & living room. Beds are quite comfortable. Breakfast provided each morning was the best I've had in a hotel setting. And...the evening receptions with complimentary wine/beer & food were awesome. You could also purchase drinks at the bar. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy P
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at the Gainey Suites Hotel! The staff accommodated us with a very early check in at 9 AM and even accommodated our room change request so that we would be able to have a courtyard with a small patio/cabana. This property was the perfect spot to relax on our "babymoon". We were able to walk to the Gainey Village Spa & Health Club in addition to shopping and many restaurants. The complimentary shuttle service provided to the hotel was awesome (if you want to go to Old Town Scottsdale, just take the shuttle to Fashion Square Mall and then hop on the free trolley to Old Town). The breakfast and evening reception spreads were all plentiful and very filling, a great added perk for the hotel.

The best rooms are by far the courtyard/pool view with balconies or patio cabanas, try to book one if available. Two things that would be nice additions in the future - robes provided in the suites and a better beer option at the evening reception.

Beautiful property, great staff, excellent value, would definitely return if in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple