“Simply Marvelous!”

Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Abington, Massachusetts
“Simply Marvelous!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I were searching for an upscale Scottsdale hotel on a limited budget. Our requirements, location, cleanliness and tropical ambiance.
With some trepidation (because it is not a known chain) I called the Gainey Suites based on reviews alone! When I called, two hours prior to arrival, I was greeted by a pleasant accommodating young woman who offered us the last room in the house. This was just the first encounter with a host of friendly, helpful staff members who treated us like family. My special thanks to Kyle. Rich, the General Manager, was accommodating and vigilant to assure that visitors were comfortable throughout the day. The public areas were fully updated "comfortable and warm" encouraging travelers to curl up with a book or gather-up for conversation. The pool, patio and plantings were inviting and immaculate. The breakfasts and evening "snacks" were scrumptious. The rooms and bathrooms were well appointed and totally comfortable. The bedding divine! The location was quiet but easily accessible to all the sights and activities. We will plan a trip back to Scottsdale just to stay at the Gainey Suites!
Paula N. Massachusetts

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paulan499

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We just returned from the Gainey Suites. What a super experience. The suite was spotless and plenty big for 2 couples. Really comfortable beds.This is a residence style hotel with nice amenities. A hot buffet breakfast and happy hour drinks and appetizers/light supper were complimentary every day. Unexpectedly yummy and very well done. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Although not a resort hotel, the pool area was inviting and there was a nice outside seating area by the bar with fire pit tables. There are a couple of nice restaurants within walking distance and the hotel location is really convenient - an easy drive to downtown and great shopping. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tina O
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were welcomed back for our second stay here over the Christmas holiday and it felt like our "second home". The room and hotel amenities are second to none: from the comfort level of the room to the attentive staff....we've always enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. A big "Thank You" to Rich and Olivia for taking such good care of us. We're looking forward to our next visit! Best regards from the "Frozen Tundra" of Wisconsin.....Tony and Judy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judy K
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I thought I already wrote this review but I can't find it so let's do it again.
Last year I gave my mom a trip to Spring Training, GO GIANTS!, as a Christmas present. I went through Expedia.com to book the hotel. Gainey had good reviews and most importantly, suites that were reasonably priced. I can't share a room with my mom (won't embarrass her by saying why) but it's a pain to have 2 separate rooms in a hotel. A suite was my decision. Expedia.com got me what I thought was a good deal and off we went.

I arrived first to this beautiful hotel tucked away from traffic but still close to everything. I went ro ask if I could check in early so I could nap before my mom arrived. Not only did the wonderful woman behind the desk let me check in early she also noticed she could get me a better rate. SCORE!

Now for the stuff you really need to know. The staff is more than polite. They are welcoming and will go out of their way to help you. If they can't for some reason they will do find you someone who can. The rooms were wonderful with great bathrooms. The common room felt like a nice living room. And the kitchen helped us save a lot of money. Breakfast was always warm and fresh with lots of choices. We met a lot of people while eating breakfast.

The front desk staff was the best I've ever delt with. The day manager turned out to be the woman who checked me in and she continued to be helpful when I wanted to extend our stay. Luckily I asked early enough. She even booked me a pedicure at the spa behind the hotel. I really can't say enough about this hotel. We enjoyed it so much my mom asked if we could do the same thing this year including a stay at Gainey. So we're coming back to Spring Training and Gainey Suites. This will probably become a yearly trip. Will let you know how it goes the second time around. GO GIANTS!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank SKHill
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Just returned from our third visit to the Gainey Suites. Our 11 and 9 year old love it and so do we. The pool is comfortable and never crowded. Breakfasts are great and the location makes for very easy access to all the close shopping and restaurants. Feather beds / pillows are comfortable and service is always good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy K
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My spouse and I stayed at the hotel our last night in Scottsdale. Competitive rates for the Scottsdale area, with spacious suites. Very comfortable accommodations. Terrific happy hour and very nice breakfast. Front desk personnel friendly and helpful with directions, restaurant locations, etc. A stand-out in the Scottsdale area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GLWestP55
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here for a week in late Dec/ early January. The hotel is very clean with excellent service. The heated pool was a big hit with the kids, but never crowded. They advertise a free breakfast and cocktail hour. I fully expected a danish, some cereal and toast for breakfast. Boy was i wrong!!! It is a FULL breakfast! The same is true in the evening....the food is very hearty. We did not cook in the room, so I can't address if the kitchen was well stocked, but we really enjoyed the nice sitting area between the two bedrooms. Overall...we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family