“Gainey is Very Nice!!”

Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Goodyear, Arizona
“Gainey is Very Nice!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here when my husband was playing in charity Golf tournament nearby and we had a very good experience! The room was very nice and the pool and spa area is great!They have breakfast buffet in the morning that is very good and you can sit in outdoor patio area!Shopping and restaurants right next door In Gainey Village which has Paradise Bakery and Village Tavern which are both great places.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
arizona
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very nice hotel. We stayed for one night in a studio suite with a special deal from Travelzoo. The staff were attentive and helpful. The evening reception was a pleasant surprise!!! Its more like dinner than snacks. The breakfast was also good with lots of choices. My only issue was that we did have 3 in our room and I noticed that they charged my credit card an extra $8.95, which I assume was for the third breakfast. And while its not a big deal, my thinking is really???? You have a room that can accomodate 4 people, just say a price and stick with it instead of trying to slyly sneak in extra charges.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RRGainey1, General Manager at Gainey Suites Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hello from the Gainey Suites Hotel! We are delighted to hear that you had a most enjoyable experience at our hotel and on allow me to say that it was absolutely a pleasure having you all as our guests and thanks so much for your wonderfully kind and thoughtful review.
Regarding the $8.95 charge you had mentioned, I wanted to let you know that it is definitely not for an extra breakfast as we do not ever charge an additional fee for that regardless of how many guests are in the room. I don't know off hand what the charge actually is for, but if you could e-mail your guest information (name/date of stay) to me (Rich Newman-General Manager) at rnewman@gaineysuiteshotel.com, or fax a copy of the folio to 480 922 1689 I will find out exactly what the charge was for and get right back to you. You can also call me personally if you wish on my cell phone 480 262 4665 anytime. Again, it was great having you with us and on behalf of our entire Gainey Suites Hotel family we look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, wishing you all the best and take good care! Warm regards,
Rich Newman, General Manager GSH
Lindau, Switzerland
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Coming far away from Switzerland, we stayed in this lovely hotel for 6 weeks for the 2nd time. We had a room with a beautiful patio. The very clean rooms are furnished with everything you need, full kitchen, seating area and a comfortable bed. Agents at the Front desk, the GM as well as the staff in the dining area are very friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet and happy hour between 5 and 7pm are excellent.
We can highly recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The secret is out and I am letting it out! The Gainey Suites hotel offers you 4 Diamond Service without the price tag. I had the pleasure of staying in this marvelous cozy hotel and had the vacation of a lifetime. I had seen a promotion on Travelzoo and decided to take a much needed break from the hectic life of being a Concierge at one of the largest hotel in NYC and it was the best decision I ever made. From the moment I arrived I was greeted with such warmed by the staff that it made me feel right at home and safe considering that I was a female traveling alone for the first time to Scottsdale, AZ. The staff at this hotel truly defined the word "HOSPITALITY". Front Desk Manager, Olivia and Front Desk Agents, John and Megan were fantastic and greeting me each and everyday with a smile and great conversation and suggestions of things to do in Scottsdale. These particular SUPERSTARS is what CUSTOMER SERVICE is all about but their entire staff deserve a TWO THUMBS UP. Everyone was always greeting the guest with a warm smile and saying hello which was lovely to see each day. Every time I looked around I was always seeing consumer service at its best. One busy morning, while I was having breakfast I saw a gentleman grabbing dishes and cleaning table which turn out the be the GM, Rich Newman, getting down and dirty with his staff. It had such a great impression on me to see a perfect example of being a team player and showing leadership at its best. I had previously seen him walking around making sure things where in order and clean that I thought he was the housekeeping supervisor but no he is the GM, LOL!!! I have never seen a GM get down and dirty with his staff so way to go Mr. Newman!! Another WOW moment for me was that housekeeping kept leaving me each and everyday clean towels and amenities outside my room considering that I kept forgetting to remove the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign for the 5 nights that I stayed. That's what Customer Service is all about. I didn't have to request it, it was just done. So way to go to the entire staff for top notch CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! The hotel was immaculately clean, cozy and in a great location. The hotel has a great medium size swimming pool, hot tub, offers room service, breakfast in the morning and a small meal in the afternoon and a shuttle service within a 5 mile radius or less if am not mistaken. Within walking distance you have the Gainey Village Shops which has restaurants, coffee shops and of course cute little shops as well. The hotel has a perfect location just minutes away from more restaurants, shopping, bars, clubs, art and historic district in Scottsdale. You can rent a car if you want to but you really don't need to since you have the option of the shuttle provided by the hotel, taxi or the bus for that matter, bus 72 leaves you right in front of the Gainey Village shops where the hotel is located. As I Concierge my job is to pick apart anywhere I go and make sure it meets my demanding expectation so that I can confidently recommend the vendors to my guest and the Gainey Suites Hotel pass the test with flying colors. They exceeded my expectations beyond words. So book your reservations now if you need to gather yourself mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally from the hectic duties of everyday life because I guarantee you that you will leave rejuvenated. Now that the secret is out reservation will probably be impossible to get so I hope to be back next year for a refresher if I can get a room, LOL!!! Thank you Gainey Suites for making this vacation one of the best I ever taken. Yeah!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the court yard, swimming pool area a very nice to wake up too.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank DemandingConcierge
Allentown
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Upon arrival, immediately noted overwhelming odor from carpet cleaning. Graciously got new room on a different floor. Discussed with Rich (general manager) who was sincerely concerned & promised he would review alternatives for future cleaning & we are confident he will. Very nice accommodations overall, sorry we had a problem. But you should go there and enjoy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter, friend and 4 grandchildren. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was absolutely wonderful as well as another 1 bedroom suite. The staff is so friendly and eager to please. We enjoyed the free happy hour and breakfast as well. We have stayed here before and also had friends stay at this hotel. I absolutely will go back again! A most enjoyable stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Thanks to TravelZoo we just got back from 5 wonderful nights at this hotel. Where to start....check in was a breeze. We arrived at 8 PM and were met by a friendly face who welcomed us and said that our request for a quiet room was waiting for us. She gave us our coupon for the resturant next door, (part of TravelZoo package) and after grabbing a few warm cookies we were off to our room.

The suite was exactly like the pictures, (how often does that happen?) Large, open and spotless. The room was perfect, not much of a view but we were more intreseted in a quiet place to enjoy our stay at. Having the two Gainey bears waiting for us on the desk was also nice.

The breakfast in the morning was wonderful. It changes every morning and having it outside on their coverd patio was the best. Their cocktail hour with beer, wine and food was also great, and having the misters running kept us cool as we sat outside and enjoyed ourselves.

The staff is one of the best I have run into. Everyone greets you with a smile and says hell-o. Housekeeping was top notch. She really took care of us and I hope our tip and thanks when we left showed her that. The pool was just what we needed. Just enough to cool off in and read a book in the afternnon.

The location was ideal, close to major roads that made getting around a breeze. There is no wonder why this property is rated so high. They do so many things right, and they do it with great attitudes.

I had hope to tell the Manager about our stay when we left in the morning but he had not come in yet. Thank you to everyone at Gainey, it was a perfect stay, and we will look forward to coming back again and staying with you again.

Room Tip: Use the interactive board by the front desk. You can get driving maps, ideas on what to do in the ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple