Gainey Suites Hotel
$135
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$128
$123
Great 4.5/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$119
$194
$169
$165
$145
  • Pool
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$64
$311
$296
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$218
$151
$353
$339
1,613 results
All reviewsteddy bearshappy hourevening receptionfull kitchengainey villagerich newmanparadise bakeryfree beer and winebedroom suitestarbucks coffeecourtyard viewcocktail hourpool areatacosfresh fruitcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast and dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a great property, with more amenities than your average hotel. The rooms are larger than average with a living area and a small, well stocked kitchen. The kitchen has a full size fridge (although mine was a little beat up) that makes this a great option for long term stays and families that prefer to save money by cooking on premises.

Also, the complimentary cookies they give you upon check-in are awesome.

They have a great happy hour from 5-7 that offers beer, wine, soft drinks and other appetizers that you can enjoy on the patio overlooking the ample courtyard.

One suggestion - if you can, ask for an interior room. The rooms that face the parking lot are less private and feel slightly ghetto.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank justin44
Reviewed November 13, 2012

just spent the last 3 nights at gainey suites and really enjoyed the stay. The room was clean, furnishings new, bathroom clean, staff friendly and courteous. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I saw the staff several times taking away the old food, still half full and bringing fresh just to keep it hot and fresh. Also, the managers reception in the evening was also delicious and plentiful. You could definitely each dinner there! The outdoor patio is lovely to enjoy breakfast. My only complaint if any was that the room was pretty small. We had the one bedroom with two queen beds. My husband and myself and our son and daughter. We were really crunched trying to get ready for wedding with the bathroom/sink area really small and the living area also small. We never used any of the kitchen area, kind of a waste of space for us. But it is a suite hotel. Overall we would definely stay again. Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank scordafam84
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale has nice suites with decent sized kitchens if you are staying for a few days and want to cook in or reheat leftovers.

This was our second and not our last stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am currently staying at the Gainey Suites Hotel and I am very dissatisfied. There has been a crazy loud wedding party going on for the last three hours. I am on the other side of the hotel and I can hear every word of every song that is being played and the bass from the music can be felt. I don't expect the party to stop, I understand it is some couple's special day. However, I feel it shows a complete disregard for guests that the hotel would allow such a loud volume of music to disturb the rest of the hotel. When I called the front desk to request that they ask the party to lower the volume a bit, I was told the party had a contract until 10:00pm. A hotel that is trying to be rated #1 in any city should have policies to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of ALL guests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MLB1112
RRGainey1, General Manager at Gainey Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Allow me to personally apologize for the music from the wedding which was scheduled to end at 9:30 pm yet was clearly too loud and we certainly could have done a much better job of controlling the DJ and the volume/bass to a reasonable level; and we absolutely should have been more assertive and immediate in our response to your complaint at the time. All though it does not reflect or mitigate your unpleasant experience, we have done many wedding events in our courtyard with music and without the excessive noise issues. I assure you that I will follow up with our team in a most constructive manner to ensure that even on a couple's most special day, we still make it a most enjoyable stay for all of our guests. On behalf of all our Gainey Family we hope that perhaps you will give us the opportunity to "redeem" ourselves, and please do not hesitate to contact me personally (rnewman@gaineysuiteshotel.com) if I can be of assistance in that regard or in any other manner. Until then, we hope to see you again the next time your travels may bring you back to Scottsdale, AZ. Until then, we wish you all the very best and take good care.
Sincerely, Rich Newman, General Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I was only there one night and then spent the day at a seminar held there. The room was a 1 bedroom suite, with all the comforts for a good night sleep. Great bed, sheets and pillows are soft, quality bathroom essentials. Gym was adequate and clean. Breakfast was plentiful and fresh. There is Starbucks coffee but not a Starbucks. If you want other food/ coffee choices they are very close by. The outdoor patio was beautiful and enjoyable to take your meal outside. Good happy hour with plenty of treats. The meeting room was fine, and they provided good refreshmts. Staff at hotel try very hard to be helpful and do a great job. I'd return for a longer stay next time!

• Stayed: November 2012