“Hotel with Excellent Service”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed it a lot. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The room is clean and well maintained. Although a little out of the way , if one is driving, it should not pose any problems. I will recommend this hotel to travellers passing that way.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that all of the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We spent a weekend here recently & stayed in a suite. We had no idea we were getting so much with our room choice - 2 full baths, a large living area w/ foldout couch, an outdoor shower, fireplace inside & outside, AND a private plunge pool on our terrace! We felt a bit like royalty! ;)

We ate by the pool and in their Proof restaurant and enjoyed both.

Service was wonderful. Very close to Troon North Golf Club (that's why we picked it). If we're ever back in Scottsdale, we'll definitely stay here again.

1  Thank bkdj96
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Resort as well as our restaurants!

I look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We booked this hotel for a bday getaway with our 5 year old daughter. This was the perfect choice! Although a bit remote from everything- even Scottsdale- the hotel had everything we wanted so we literally did not leave the premiss for 3 days (we did Apache Trail-amazing- a day before arriving). The landscaping and subtle integration with the desert surroundings is quite amazing. The rooms are very private, very Southwestern in style- a bit old fashioned- but overall package meets every need. The kids club is simply amazing and free! Desert walks, pool activities, movies and lunch, friendly staff, adult time while our daughter is having fun, 2 gourmet restaurants on the property, amazing hikes, what else could we wish for? Oh yes- to come back...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank beachloverPrinceton

Thank you for your review. I am glad you experienced all that our property has to offer. The KFAS team will be very excited to hear your feedback. I hope we can welcome you for another birthday trip in future.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Our family of 4 enjoyed 5 extremely relaxing days at this beautiful Four Seasons property. It was our second visit (and counting - yes, we'll be back!) to this desert oasis. Attention to detail was the theme of the vacation. I mentioned once to the pool staff how much I enjoyed the cucumber lemon water - and within five minutes I had my own pitcher! Anything that needed attention, received attention - and then some!

Our suite was very spacious and comfortable for the 4 of us. The plunge pool is a must for the summer months!

The food around the resort was a highlight! We stayed on premise the entire time.

The Four Seasons is in the business to serve and it shows. Our thanks to the management and their entire staff for a perfect start to our summer!

2  Thank L8R
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and helped kick off your summer to a great start! I will share your compliments with the staff.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon and often.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We spent our first night in Arizona at the Four Seasons. After a long flight it was the perfect place to rest and relax before starting our road trip north. The resort is beautiful. It is not really close to restaurants and shopping but that was fine for us. The grounds and view are wonderful. Almost all of the staff was super friendly and helpful with the exception of the pool staff. Front desk, bellman, and spa folks were good. Our room wasn't ready yet when we arrived but we were able to shower and change at the spa. The spa was really nice and fully stocked with everything you could need. There was a small glitch with our bags. We had left them with spa staff after calling up to the front that they were waiting to be delivered to our room once it was ready. The bellman having assured us that they would put them in our room shortly, we were off to the main pool.

The pool was decent sized and I like that they had noodles available to float on. I was surprised that no one came to set up our chairs with towels especially given that it wasn't very busy. I don't need someone to do this but at higher end resorts I've had such service. My husband asked one girl about using an umbrella for some shade over our chairs and she seemed put out to bring it over. After we settled in the wait staff was nice bringing us iced water and delivering our order relatively quickly. My margarita was very good and so were the angus steak nachos we ordered. We had a nice relaxing afternoon by the pool. It was over 100 degrees but I love the heat and sun and the pool was plenty cool to be refreshing.

We left the pool about 5pm and were surprised no only to find our bags had never been taken to our room but the staff at that point in the spa had no idea why our bags were there and who they belonged to. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of follow through.

Our room was lovely - a desert view king casita. They put a high-quality roll away in the room for our daughter. The room was beautifully decorated. It had a foyer, large walk-in closet, fireplace, two pretty and comfortable chairs to watch TV or sit by a fire, Keurig coffee maker, huge bathroom and a private lanai with table and chairs. The bathroom offered separate shower and tub, toilet room and 2 sinks. Even though we had such a short stay I truly enjoyed this room. I woke early as usual and enjoyed having my coffee on the lanai and watch the birds and lizards as the sun rose. It was definitely one of the best rooms we've stayed in in the US and was much nicer than our room in Sedona at Enchantment Resort.

I also took a walk from the property over to the Pinnacle Peak Trail. I travelled a short ways along the trail but did not want to go too far without anyone knowing where I'd gone. I liked the fact that the resort had laundry facilities so you can do your own laundry. Check-out was very quick and easy.

Overall, I would recommend this resort especially if you are taking advantage of outdoor pursuits in Scottsdale or simply want a place to chill. It is great for couples and families too.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for your review about your recent visit to the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.

I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable visit with us.

I apologize for the service challenges you experienced in regards to your bags not getting delivered to your room. Please know that the appropriate discussions have taken place as we work to overcome these service shortfalls.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We came here for a long weekend. The trip could not have been more relaxing the desert is absolutely beautiful and nothing but sun all day long. The hiking in the area is phenomenal and the restaurants at the resort have great views of the sunset.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rgbundenthal
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a relaxing time with us! Arizona sunsets are truly unique and I am happy that you were able to experience them.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at the Four Seasons Scottsdale for three nights and had a generally excellent experience. The public areas and pools are lovely, if a bit crowded. Rooms are comfortable, quiet and large, but a bit charmless. This Four Seasons doesn't have the style of some other western Four Seasons, such as Santa Barbara or Santa Fe. It does, however, have the signature friendly and highly competent service of those resorts.

Other than slightly dated rooms, the only other drawback is the location, which is very pretty but a solid 20+ minute drive to almost any attraction, and that's just to get to North Scottsdale, let alone central Scottsdale or Phoenix proper. The main restaurant, Proof, is stylish and the food is very good but service was spotty. On two occasions we had to go searching the restaurant to find our vanished servers. We also had to remind them at every single meal that kids four and under are supposed to eat free. Every check was initially incorrect.

While the resort doesn't have a large pool area, water slides or a lazy river, it is still wonderful for kids. The wading pool is excellent and was mostly deserted when we visited. The kids club is large and well-equipped. For those traveling without children, I would recommend the Boulders, which has more natural beauty and charm, but inferior service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I will pass on your comments to our team to further enhance our service moving forward.

We hope that you will take the time to stay with us again in the future.

Resort Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!