“Beautiful property, excellent service”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just came back from a night at the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale. Was sorry we couldn't stay longer.

Great property with a unique architectural style. Peaceful walking paths, great restaurants, small but adequate spa. We enjoyed the adult pool, although it would be nice if there was a bit more separation from the other pools available on property.

Service was great. The location is beautiful. The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed.

We will be back. A great experience overall.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Resort Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,045)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Like most other Four Seasons, this is a great place to stay with the usual excellent customer service. In layout, the room seemed very similar to many other Four Seasons, strangely enough, but it definitely came with a different view (cactus!). Our room/casita was close to the entrance of the grounds and we were able to park our car in front - very convenient and not too motel-like. Housekeeping was excellent, as expected.

Golf is available at Troon North (no particular discount available, other than room packages, which we hadn't booked) and a shuttle does run up there, but with the car nearby, we chose to drive (no waiting!) All in all, a nice stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Desert Oasis. I will certainly share your feedback with the team.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon and often.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I always look for a Four Seasons wherever I travel because of their great customer service. While other luxury hotels rival FS in amenities, they usually cannot hold a candle to FS' customer service. Unfortunately, they did not live up to my expectations in this instance for two reasons.

First, I booked with expedia (which they apparently disapprove of). When I got there they downgraded my room because they overbooked. This was certainly not the first time a hotel overbooked; but it's the first time a hotel responded to their own error by DOWNGRADING a guest, rather than upgrading him. They said that, because I booked with expedia, they wouldn't upgrade me, so they downgraded me instead. They didn't cover the difference. I paid $200 extra per night for the room I booked. They didn't give me the difference when they downgraded me. What they did, instead, was give me a $200 credit for my three-night stay (which would still leave me $400 short).

This brings me to my second issue. When checking out, they tried to tell me I was only getting a $100 credit instead of what they promised. They relented on this but the fact that I had to even argue about this was really disappointing.

Overall, this was a five star resort with three star service.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guywhotakestrips
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We value guest feedback as it helps us improve the guest experience.

We recognize your service challenges had an adverse impact with your overall experience and regret we did not have the opportunity to make this right while you were staying with us.
I have addressed your concerns with the Reservations and Front Desk management staff to ensure these issues are not repeated.

We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We just returned from 10 fabulous days at the Four Seasons Troon Scottsdale.
The saying "you pay for what you get" is certainly true here as while you are paying premium pricing we received over the top service and elegance.
Whatever you want at this resort you can get.
Need a special tee time at an exclusive golf club,
want a favorite wine or brand of liquor, want a special lunch packed in individualized coolers for your golf foursome, need a reservation at the best table at the most exclusive restaurant, the staff will take care of it. Too many exp.'s too list frankly.
And God forbid the slightest inconvenience occurs(which was rare) during your stay the
staff falls all over themselves trying to make it right.
In any case no matter what your preference is you will get it with a smile.
Special recommendation if you need assistance for anything is to seek out 2 fabulous employees that will make sure every one of your needs is fulfilled. They are Emily Van Hoorst, Asst Guest Services Manager and Natalie Navarro, Asst Food and Beverage Manager.
They and the entire staff, coupled with the beautiful setting, excellent food and top notch amenities, made our stay amazing and memorable.

Room Tip: TV Cable service can be spotty so check to make sure that is not the case with your casita
1  Thank Steven C

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your most recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. It is always such a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us in our desert oasis! I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Scottsdale in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had such a lovely experience at this property. The rooms were warm & comfortable. Typical best if Four Seasons. The food was AMAZING! The spa facial I received was divine. The place just felt like an oasis of beauty & desert wonder. Hope to return soon. Location was great for golfing, shopping & eating out!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sassypants01
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Four Seasons when we visited the resort for a three day business meeting and added on some personal time to celebrate my wife's birthday.

The day before we arrived, I called the concierge and asked if they could recommend a florist. They offered to arrange the order and have the flowers delivered to our room right as we arrived. When the concierge learned that the occasion was my wife's birthday, she got two other nice surprises -- a spa gift card and a tasty cake! I've never seen service like this.

The group meals during the meetings were perfectly prepared and were first class. Our meals on our own at Proof and at the poolside bar were healthy and fresh.

Try the wine tasting if you're around on Saturday afternoons. The sommolier from the restaurant teaches a fun and informative class.

Four Seasons is the ideal location for a meeting, or a getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Marc B, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and acknowledge the wonderful experience you had with us.

I am happy to hear that you were able to combine business with pleasure and that your wife enjoyed her birthday. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. I look forward to sharing your review with the entire team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Four Seasons Scottsdale in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I'll start by saying the service is wonderful. Staff tries very hard to please. Megan at front desk was helpful. Caleb at pool was excellent too.The grounds are beautiful and kept up nicely. Rooms are dated but tasteful. Biggest problem -- it was extremely crowded due to a wedding and other several outside corporate events. We were turned away from the Proof restaurant on a Friday night because it was "fully committed" (?) to a rehearsal dinner for a wedding party?! Unacceptable. We had made a reservation there and then told we had to eat at Talavera which was jammed packed with other dinners in the same boat. Saturday -- the entire place including the pool (picture this --lots of loud 30 somethings drinking and smoking, pre-wedding partying ... please!) was overcrowded. We paid a lot of $$ to stay here. Unacceptable.

Resort is not equipped to handle paying guests staying on the grounds and the many other outside events. Not sure we'll return. Too bad.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jerry372

We very much appreciate your positive remarks regarding our beautiful grounds, friendly staff and service.

In regards to when our resort operates at high occupancy levels and the restaurants are fully committed, we are as flexible as possible to offer on property alternative dining options for our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.