“Four Seasons = Family Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Phoenix, Arizona
“Four Seasons = Family Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family stayed there, as my husbands job had given employees a one night stay, and we decided to extend it an additional night to celebrate our anniversary. I've never stayed at a Four Seasons, but I can assure you, after our experience, we will be returning.

Upon arrival, they upgraded our room, because the original one wasn't ready. Because we were traveling with our 2yr old son, they made sure he also had his bed. When we got to our room, one of the maintenance personnel, Jesus, made our son's bed, came up with a mini fridge for our son's milk and even put bumper covers around the tables and dresser, so that our son wouldn't hurt himself, had he bumped into the sharp edges. He was so warm and friendly.

We suited up and went to the pool. They have water and sunscreen, a bar, a toddler pool (1ft deep), a family pool, hot tub and an adult pool. At the family pool, they have pool noodles for the kids to play with. Water was a little cooler than we'd like, despite being from AZ (apparently it's temperature controlled at 84 degrees), but refreshing.

We returned to our room and there was a very pleasant surprise waiting for us! For our son, they had a mini "firepit" made from a delicious frosting, and smores "cooking" over it. My son walked around our room with his goodies! The staff also left my husband and I chocolate covered strawberries, an anniversary card and a voucher for champagne (card was from the front desk, Olivia), this was a wonderful gesture! Besides this, our beds were turned down for the night. We had dinner with my husband's company and Four Seasons provided the food/service. An employee saw that my son couldn't reach the table, he ran and got him a booster seat! So nice of him!

On our 2nd day there, we went to Proof to have dinner. I cannot express how good the service, food and desserts were. My husband had their burger, We Have the Best Burger with a side of onion rings, I had their Chicken and Waffles and our son had mac and cheese, fries, fresh fruit (kids under 4 eat free with a paying adult!!!). Let me tell you, this was SO GOOD. Everything was just above and beyond good. The chicken was fried perfectly, the waffles were a good contrast to the saltiness of the chicken, the mac and cheese was delectable, the fries were seasoned to perfection, onion rings were yummy (a little too much batter) and my husband finished his burger without a sound, so I'm assuming he loved it! We also had dessert at their ice cream parlor. They make their own ice creams and baked goods!!! Again we were impressed! Our waitress was so gracious and kind, I wish I had gotten her name! Also, the manager came up to our table various times and talked to our son, asking him abt his Cars, knew the names of Lightening McQueen and Mater!

When we checked out, I asked the front desk if they could heat up our son's leftovers from Proof, so he could have lunch in the car... of course. Everything you ask, is of course here!

Def recommend this hotel to anyone visiting AZ. While it's a ways away from the Phoenix metro area, the service and quality is awesome.

Room Tip: Rooms near the self parking area are nicer. A/C units do not give off too much noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank T K
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review about your recent visit to the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale.

I am thrilled to know that you had an enjoyable visit us. Your gracious comments are truly appreciated. Stories like yours are heard often as all of our staff try to go above and beyond for our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team.

We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Scottsdale very soon.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have only every been pleased with Four Seasons properties. Scottsdale is no exception. Four Seasons always seem to have the right balance between high end hotel and a relaxed atmosphere. Professional staff throughout; yet not in the least stuffy, well designed and fitted, yet traditional and not gimmicky.

The desert location and excellent facilities and staff, make Scottsdale a good resort hotel. The informal 'Proof' bar and restaurant, offered quality eating for breakfast and dinner in an informal setting. The menu presentation is over complicated, a case of design overriding, but the staff happy to explain food options. The outside terrace and bar area, a relaxed spot for a drink and watching the sun go down.

The rooms are as a previous reviewer mentioned looking a little dated and dark, however, they are well maintained and housekeeping was efficient.

The kids loved the kids club which had an impressive range of activities;as did I, as it was included in the rate.

Absolutely nothing not to like here, my only regret was only staying for two nights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank OleDunk
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a slightly delayed review, but I couldn't resist giving an update on how great the service continues to be. Each of the team members are gems, but Liv, as well as the great team in Kids for All Seasons stand out greatly.

I commend the entire team, as well as their managers for empowering them to make us feel welcome.

Room Tip: All are great. I particularly love the suites with back patios and soaking pools as the kids can rea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DCJD2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I looked forward to a week at this property staying in the casitas. If this was a Marriott or a Hyatt I would have been marginally satisfied but I expect a Four Seasons property to be excellent in every way and sadly, this was not. From check in to housekeeping to restaurant and bar staff,I thought it was mediocre. I sense this resort has decided to cater to young families because it was over run with loud kids in the pools, restaurants and even the beautiful bar area that overlooks Pinnacle Peak! We wanted to enjoy a few cocktails and then order dinner but there were families with loud kids running around the tables, asking for coloring books to stay occupied and the staff seemed to think this was acceptable. It ruined the ambience for us so we decided to eat at Proof. Huge mistake! No one acknowledged us for 10 minutes when we walked in. We finally asked if we were supposed to seat ourselves and then were shown to a table and given menus after another 15 minutes we had to ask if someone would take our order. This was indicative of the rest of the meal. Mediocre food from a strange menu, open air so lots of insects inside, obviously poor quality food and service. I was shocked that a Four Seasons would be so totally off the mark in every way in a restaurant on the property. Overall i think the resort needs a facelift; its looking worn and the lobby in the hotel is hideous. Whatever decorator talked them into that design scheme shouldbe fired! I won't bother going back to the restaurants on this property or this Four Seasons. I've stayed at other properties in Scottsdale that far outshine this resort and will go back there where the employees understand the concept of excellence. I wasn't surprised at all to see that the Westin Kierland has been rated higher then the Four Seasons on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andy H
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent visit at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale. Our guests’ feedback is invaluable as we strive to improve our service and facilities.

I apologize for the service deficiencies you encountered at our resort. Your comments mentioned help us identify any areas that we may need to focus on.

We recognize your service challenges had an adverse impact with your overall experience and regret we did not have the opportunity to make this right while you were staying with us.

Thank you again for your feedback. We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to regain your trust and confidence.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons Scottsdale in August 2013 and had a wonderful experience. We were celebrating our 23rd anniversary and were recognized for that from the moment we were greeted by the bell staff and front desk, to chocolate covered strawberries awaiting us in our casita with a note from the manager and complimentary voucher for champagne at the bar. We thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of our stay. My wife and I spent most of our time just relaxing by the adult pool and loved the fact that Cabanas were complimentary on a first-come, first-serve basis. We also loved the hourly treats that were brought around by the pool staff (my wife's favorites were the chocolate covered ice cream cubes). All of the staff from the waiters at the restaurants, to the pool staff, even the maintenance crew were all very friendly and took pleasure in ensuring guests needs were always being met. We dined one night at Talavera and had the most wonderful meal. The weekend buffet at Proof was probably one of the best breakfast buffets we've ever experienced. You can't go wrong staying at this property with it's gorgeous scenery amidst the desert. Summertime, while hot, is a great time to stay as rates are greatly reduced and the resort is relatively quiet especially mid-week. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level casita away from pool for more peace and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and acknowledge the great experience you had with us.

I am happy to hear that you had a memorable anniversary visit and you were well looked after. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests. I look forward to sharing your review with the entire team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Scottsdale in the near future.

London,England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was back in 2005 the last time i stayed here. Coming back I am pleased to say the grounds, staff , food and service are still superb. For me the only downside is that the rooms are looking a bit dated and dark, especially the bathrooms , nothing to put you off staying here just no real wow factor .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort, the grounds, staff, food and service.

I appreciate your honest feedback regarding our rooms. We will continue to ensure they are maintained to the quality that our guests expect.

We look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons worldwide.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We really enjoyed the Four Seasons Troon North. We were looking for a quiet resort with great desert views and that is exactly what we got. A few reviews mention the resort having poor service. Not for us, we had unbelievable service throughout the entire resort! It was our sons' birthdays the day we arrived. Delicious cupcakes (with candles!) were waiting for them in the room. The hotel management and staff even signed a birthday card for them. It was a nice surprise and very much appreciated. Off course the kids goodie bags were a big hit also. Even though this is more of an adult resort, we never felt out of place having small children around. The staff was very friendly and really made them feel at home. The grounds are truly beautiful. We enjoyed early morning walks around the casitas and opted to have breakfast in our room, on the patio overlooking the Sonoran Desert. It was so relaxing. We all enjoyed the salt water pool and the cabanas. There were very few people when we went and the kids swam in the adult pool with us. There again, fresh lemon water was brought to us without even asking, same for extra towels, just a series of little touches throughout the day that made our stay a wonderful experience. We also liked the various activities from walks in the desert to stargazing at night. We did not try the kids program, but we will definitely do that next time. This is the perfect resort for a date in the desert!

Room Tip: The first floor desert garden casita rooms have an outdoor patio with great views making it a perfec...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#17 of 75 in Scottsdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,104 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!