“Fantastic experience”

Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Manhattan Beach
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Not only is the hotel absolutely beautiful but the staff always went out of their way to help! We came to the hotel with our 6 month old baby girl and spent most of our time at the pool. We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel staff would frequently come by with free drinks and food. We hope to come back again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I love the Four Seasons Scottsdale. The first time I stayed there was on a business trip to Phoenix, I was at first upset that we were staying so far from downtown. We checked in and there was a mechanical problem with my room. I called the front dest and told them about the problem but we had to leave to go into Phoenix before they could solve the problem. We got back late that night and the bellman was waiting for me, he said they had moved me to another room and they had already moved all my things. He took me to my new room and I thought it was a nice room, then he opened the curtains to the balcony and kept saying "you really need to check out the view", I walked outside and OMG! I feel in love with the view and room and resort at that moment. There below me were a billion lights in the Phoenix valley, beyond that was Camel Back Mountain and above there where billions of the brightest stars I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing! The rooms are built in separate buildings that blend into the desert landscape. There are 6 to 8 rooms in each building. All cars park in a parking lot by the lobby and they take you to your room by golf cart. There are little paths between the buildings and at night the paths are lit by torches, occasionally you come to areas with a bench and a chiminea with a wood fire. It's a Four Seasons, so of course the staff is great, the rooms and resort in general is spotless and filled with detail. The food was good and I love 24 hour room service. Nothing like a $25 cheese burger at 3am. I've been back many times and will continue to take family and friends there.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get a room with the valley view second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NW England
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

After a long journey from north west England this resort proved a peaceful oasis. We spent two nights there and began a tour of Canyonlands on the second day.

The room was very comfortable and we sat and relaxed in peace and comfort, looking out at the desert.

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at the pool bar and a shared burger on our first night at the Proofs restaurant.

We enjoyed our short visit.

• Stayed May 2013
Monroe, Michigan, USA
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Beautiful location, amazing views of the landscape and Phoenix, extremely comfortable beds, large and well designed bathroom, good food, decent night life and very friendly/helpful staff.

My only regret was that I didn't have more time to enjoy the facility... but I was there for work with little chance to play.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent four nights at the Four Seasons Troon North and it was the perfect getaway. This was the second time at this property, the first was 8 years ago and the Resort has only gotten better with age.

We stayed in a Deluxe Casita Room on the third floor which directly overlooked the mountain. The room was a short walk through the desert to the main hotel and pool. The rooms very nicely appointed and comfortable and have a perfect balcony to sit and watch the sun set over the mountains.

Talavera is ideal for dinner. The food is excellent and of course the service is top notch. The new restaurant Proof is a deviation for Four Seasons, casual and very edgy. We loved it and the staff were allot of fun and really went out of their way to accomodate.

Love the pool and service at the pool was exceptional. There was constantly fruit, snacks and treats being brought to us and there was always someone there to bring a drink, set up a lounger etc. And the resort seemed quite busy with a wedding and then conference.

The spa is very nice, definitely not as big or over the top as some of the spas in the larger Scottsdale resorts, however I was there three times and was the only person there each time so it felt like it was a private facility.

All in all I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: I would personally recommend a room that overlooks the mountain, not the pool and also recommend a r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to go on a quick weekend getaway even though the resort is just about an hour from where we live.

Knowing Four Seasons and having stayed at the resort previously, it was a good call. Even though there was a good amount of traffic at the resort, you did not get that sense as the grounds are spread out and you don't have that feeling of being in a shoe box with others. The other benefit is the resort grounds were very quiet, which is exactly what we had in mind for the quick getaway.

We stayed in the Renata Pass One-Bedroom Suite and was phenomenal --- phenomenal. The decor, the view, ample bathroom and had two showers. The pools were also designed well and the staff is truly what makes the difference.

Many people ask why the need to spend more at a resort like the Four Seasons, and our response is first and foremost the people and their genuine concern about your being more than satisfied with your stay. Secondly the resort knows your preferences. Regardless of where we have stayed, they know the preferences of our pillows, etc, and in this case upon entrance they had a punch, two peaches and a pastry for us with a HAND WRITTEN note that was more than a couple of sentences.

The spa, sauna and gym was phenomenal as my wife had an 80-minute massage while I enjoyed the gym and sauna. The renovated restaurant called, "Proof" was unique and if there was one suggestion that could be made was/is to add a few, more sandwich varieties...the options available were great, but from a personal perspective seemed a bit limited.

Had a great time overall and are planning a return trip in the summer again for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: The rooms to the north/northeast of the property were incredibly spacious and secluded. Plus the hi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JDSoui
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and acknowledge the great experience you had with us.

I was delighted to hear that the team made your weekend getaway experience memorable.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Scottsdale in the future.

Ben Shank
Resort Manager
San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We spent Morher's Day weekend at the Four Seasons Resort we our son and family. This hotel was the most accommodating for families with small children, with a special pool for little kids, free beverages (milk and smoothies) and meals for kids 4 and under, and speciial events and programs.

The only complaint was housekeeping -- not just once, but for everyday we were there, such as leaving filled trash bags in the rooms, not replenishing the toileries, leaving plastic bags for the ice bucket, and not vaccuming.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and providing us with your honest feedback.

I’m delighted to hear that you found our resort to be very kid friendly with many activities and events for kids of all ages.

I’m disappointed to hear of the service challenges you experienced with housekeeping. Please accept my sincere apologies. I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping managers to ensure this is not repeated.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Ben Shank
Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#19 of 75 in Scottsdale
Paradise Valley
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!