“A memorable Four Seasons property - can't wait to return!”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I visited in January 2013 for a company conference, and really enjoyed my stay. The property is beautiful, and the rooms are spacious, but still cozy. The meeting facilities are very well run, and the banquet food was surprisingly delicious and inventive.
We were there during an unusual cold spell, but there was still plenty to enjoy, including the clean and well-appointed gym. There were thoughtful touches, such as hot apple cider in the lobby.
I asked for a room close to the main hotel buildings, and was happy with the brief walk to the lobby and meeting rooms.
Looking forward to returning to this lovely spot in Scottsdale!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This resort is a beautiful place to stay. Especially if you enjoying being in a more remote and quiet area. We stayed in the rooms away from the pool, which I think are considered inferior, but we enjoyed walking through the beautiful garden to go to the restaurant and pool. Even our 88 year old grandmother loved walking along the path. - there are also golf carts if you don't like to walk. THe rooms were remarkably quiet even though they were all filled.
There were a few little glitches, such as they could not seem to find a regular quilt for my son's pull out bed, the first night there was only a thin blanket, when we called, they brought a quilt that was so lumpy, it was not very effective. Then with a 2nd request, the next night they brought one so thin it was like two sheets. Then 3rd request, when we asked for another, they brought the lumpy one back again! But between the thin one and the lumpy one it was ok. The staff are all so good natured and friendly, it was impossible to get mad at them!
The biggest down side to the complex are the restaurants: sooo slow, if you are in the fancy one it doesn't matter because it's dining, but the others are painful to less painful. Room service though, comes exactly when they say it will.
One of the nicest aspects of this place is it's balance between a lovely, elegant get-away that is also family friendly.

Room Tip: I would ask for one with a view toward pinnacle peak or Phoenix or on the far side. Personally, I d...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

I apologize that we did not give you the appropriate blanket that you needed for your son. Please know that this has been addressed with management to ensure that our guests requests are met to their satisfaction.

Your comments regarding our restaurants will definitely be passed onto our Food & Beverage Director. We only want our guests to experience the absolute best, and we are genuinely sorry this was not the case for you during your stay.

We appreciate knowing that you enjoyed the tranquil getaway in our desert oasis.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Scottsdale in the near future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a beautiful resort, our room (2311) had a beautiful view of the mountains and desert. One bedroom suite with living room (pull out sofa bed) and 2 bathrooms. Plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 children. Our only problem was that on our first night we were told a roll away could not be brought up for our 2nd child who has special needs. They instead brought a toddler bed. The bed was way too small for a 9 year old and he was up all night long.... which of course means that I was up as well. When we told the front desk about the problem a roll away was brought up for him. We only wish they could have brought it the night before. Anyway, the pools are beautiful and not over crowded. Cabanas are nice with great poolside service. The food is excellent. All in all this is an excellent place to stay with a family.

Room Tip: We love the rooms near 2311.... far enough away from pool to be quite.. great views...
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My two boys and I stayed at the Four Seasons for four nights in March of this year. The first thing I noticed after being shown our room was how exceptionally quiet and beautiful the grounds are. Stunning views of Pinnacle Peak! Our casita was lovely and my boys loved the outdoor shower. Fabulous pool area with the expected Four Seasons standard of service. We ate in both restaurants and found the service and food exceptional. I would love to stay here again!

1  Thank HighCountryAZ
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I'm a meeting planner and used the resort for an annual CEO meeting. The service was top-notch and the meeting space worked wonderfully for our group. The banquet staff in particular were quick and accommodating when we had last-minute changes and the audio-visual staff were knowledgeable and helpful. I would definitely like to stay here on leisure travel, as the spa, fitness facilities and golf were also really nice. The grounds are really well-kept with lots of interesting desert plants and cactus and the hiking is great - or so I heard!

Room Tip: Lower number casitas are closest to meeting space and restaurants.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We attended a meeting at this property recently and found it most impressive. While our corporate travel office booked us at another hotel, we did attend meetings here and had some of the wonderful experience here.
The staff were, to the person, highly professional. As to the food....take it from a real foodie, Proof is an experience all unto itself.
Kudos to all the staff and shame on our corporate travel office for not booking us here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback after your most recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. Your gracious remarks regarding your stay are sincerely appreciated. Our employees are one of our greatest assets and it is their dedication and hard work that allow us to build lasting relationships with our valued guests.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience in Proof. It is the newest addition to the resort and something we take quite a deal of pride in offering to our guests.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were at the FS for a week in March. This FS property was beautiful...the stunning desert landscape and views of neighboring Pinnacle Peak were wonderful.

At check in, I was shown a map with the room location....I noticed right away that there was something obstructing the view right in front of the casita (Casita 613) I inquired about the view and was told that it was fine. Upon getting to the casita, I looked out the window and saw that we were right next to the pool grill....a very, very loud fan was blasting and the view was less than desirable. The noise alone would not have been very conducive to work or sleep. We called and had our room changed, but it was disappointing to have to do so after I had specifically inquired at check-in.

Once we got to our new room, it was fine. The room was quiet, large and had a view of the desert out the back. If you want quiet, you may want to ask for a non-pool view. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large with L'Occitane amenities.

It was irritating to only get free wifi for one device....who has only one device? So, of course, we had to pay so that we could use all of our devices...even Hampton Inn, etc. allow for completely free wifi access. The business center fax machine did not work properly. After swiping my credit card several times, I got frustrated and went to the front desk. They did fax my items for me, but I was concerned that my credit card would still be charged.

We dined at Proof for breakfast and a few dinners. It was fine, but the food was "comfort" food and seemed a bit heavy. It would be nice to have a few more light sandwich and salad options. One night we wanted to go out on the terrace for dinner at Onyx but it was closed for a private party...had to eat at the bar....which was ok, but we really wanted to enjoy the lovely evening outside since we knew we would be going home to winter!

The fitness center had plenty of cardio equipment and weights. It was clean and not too crowded.

The spa treatments were fine, but they really need to get a larger lounge in the women's area. It is very cramped and seats maybe 6 people. It would be nice to have a lounge where one could enjoy lunch without having to get all dressed up to go to the pool or to Proof....plus a spa luncheon menu would be nice....

Staff was friendly and attentive. I would visit again, but would pay closer attention to the location of the casita.

Room Tip: Avoid Casita 613...bad view and noisy restaurant fan. If you want quiet during a period when lots o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit – your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated.

Your comments regarding Proof will definitely be passed onto our Food & Beverage Director. Feedback on our menu offerings is always appreciated.

I appreciate you sharing your candid feelings about our internet fees. We do a competitive pricing survey each year with other resorts in the valley as part of our budget review process. Based on those results, we are confident we are fairly and competitively positioned within the marketplace. We'll certainly take your comments into consideration during this years’ survey.