“Amazing stay and can't wait to go back”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My finace and I booked a room for three nights for a combination business trip and Valentine's getaway. Our mountainside room was so relaxing, and we were pleased with the size and amenities like the fireplace. We enjoyed room service breakfast every morning and also had drinks and dessert each night at the Onyx lobby bar. I can't comment on the food otherwise as we got out each night for dinner (Mastro's is right down the hill and an amazing meal), but the poolside service was great and the food there was wonderful. I also had a blowdry at the salon and it was surprisingly reasonably priced. Also I left my own pillow in the room by mistake, and when I called the attendant offered to mail it to my home at no charge. I love the Four Seasons! It's why you pay more.

You should note this is WAY up the mountain so you really feel away from it all, but if you want to drive into town for some action, it's only about 20 minutes or so. I'd rather be somewhere I can really tune out and then look for nightlife when I want it.

The one weird thing I had to comment on was that the clock in our room was set to the wrong time - over an hour off and not even close to the minute - and because we couldn't figure out how to reset it, it sat that way for the entire stay. Not in line with their over and above service at all. Housekeeping should definitely check the clocks when they are in the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,076)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had dinner tonight at the recently-opened casual restaurant to replace Crescent Moon. The menu contains interesting classic pub-food American items, served well on warm plates.

The musical background was a bit too hard-rock for our 60+ party of four, and we were disappointed to wait ten minutes for our wine to be poured, as the wine waiter had to run to a different restaurant to find it (same with bread rolls).

The food was good comfort food but nothing memorable. Beer choice is excellent and good value. Apart from the wine delay, service from Blake was faultless.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and providing us with your honest feedback.

I’m disappointed to hear of the service challenges you experienced in Proof in regards to the wine delay. Please know that the appropriate discussions have taken place as we work to overcome these service shortfalls.

I will pass along your positive comment to Blake regarding his flawless service.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you will return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Ben Shank
Resort Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for a combination business/pleasure trip with my wife & son. Location is remote, but it isn't really a problem ... plenty to do at the resort and also nearby hiking. Beautiful desert setting.

The staff is excellent ... very friendly, not pretentious, no pressure for tipping, always helpful. The pool staff was especially fabulous .... we would go back just to hang out at the pool (they let you pick your spot, then lay out your towels for you, bring you a pitcher of water, available to take your order for food or beverages). The pool area also has an adults only pool on the level down from the main pool. Nice area to relax, with Pinnacle Peak right there in the background.

We enjoyed our room. Had a good amount of space, a fireplace (just push the switch on the wall to turn it on), nice patio with lounge chairs and table, excellent views. Large shower and separate tub. Walk-in closet with safe (although it wouldn't accommodate a laptop).

Parking is valet or self park. With self park you can park right in front of your building, which is very convenient to come and go. There are a few shops and restaurants nearby. The Talavera restaurant's patio is a very nice setting for a meal. Overall, the food we had while there was very, very good. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Some of the casitas are a fairly long walk from the main building (and nearer the main road), but th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is one of my favorite Four Seasons locations. Great layout, beautiful buildings that blend with the natural environments instead of sticking out like a sore thumb like so many resorts manage to do. The rooms are exceptional, and I don't typically remark about rooms, they usually all look the same to me. These are large, inviting, warmly appointed with a nice private patio.

The Pinnacle Peak hike is terrific. Not horribly challenging for a relatively fit person (I suppose running it would have been a challenge) but the views were amazing. I highly recommend heading out from the hotel about 45 minutes before sunrise. You'll encounter WAY less people, avoid the heat of the day, and the peace and quiet is mesmerizing.

I went by myself on business for 3 days and it felt like I added a year onto my life in stress reduction. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Even the non-view rooms have a great view of the hilly terrain behind the r...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

WE spent four days for a conference, but we would have spent much more time here. fantastic resort, beautiful place, great food and very professional staff. I hope to come back one day on vacation. Everything perfect!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, we had one with the fire place and a wonderful view on the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I combined a business trip and some personal time and loved the Four Seasons. Great hotel, great location (but you need a rental car), great service. Highly recommend for those who are not on a budget!

Room Tip: All rooms are exquisite... no need to go for bigger or more expensive rooms unless you haev moeny to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin P
Reviewed February 16, 2013

It's a Four Seasons .... it's supposed to be nice. It is. Rooms are nice. Pool is nice. Employees are very nice. Nice location for hikes. It is what it is supposed to be.

Unfortunately it only has one fine dining restaurant.Thus, the only nice dining room is full. I am sitting in my room right typing reviews and not dining because the nice restaurant is full until 9:30. Same thing last night. If you are the type that plans ahead you'll be fine. I don't operate like that on vacation. We did eat at the bar last night and the food was wonderful. Will probably have to belly up again :(

Since it is a Four Seasons it's really the little negatives that are of any use in these reviews ... the only other neg for me is the constant traffic of golf carts on the walkways around the place ... every staff member seems to have one. Should have thought this out ahead of time and had other paths for them or wider paths.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort following your stay with us.

I apologize that you were not able to dine at Talavera due to the restaurant being fully committed over a busy holiday weekend. We strongly encourage our guests to make reservations in advance. We only want our guests to experience the absolute best, and we are genuinely sorry this was not the case for you during your visit.

We take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale.

Ben Shank