“Beautiful rooms, beautiful property.”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Four Seasons Scottsdale is a gorgeous property. The casitas are striking, large, and comfortable. The fireplaces in the rooms are great. I was spoiled staying here. The food was very good, high quality. I found the service to be exceptional

I traveled here for business with a client (large group) and was very happy overall with the level of attention to service, the property and the food. Excellent all-around.

Room Tip: They are all gorgeous and amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Meghantown

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My biggest disappointment is that I stayed here for a short business trip and had so little time to enjoy this fantastic resort. The customer service was excellent! The rooms were lovely with a fireplace that was worth getting up even earlier than usual to enjoy with my morning coffee. Every employee I encountered was friendly and went above and beyond to accommodate whatever I needed. The grounds were immaculate! I had a very early flight out and had to leave around 4 am. Upon checking out, I was directed to a lovely coffee bar with fresh muffins that I never expected at such an early hour. I would highly recommend this resort and I hope to return in the future when I have more time to enjoy it.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank susantnqueen
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a beautiful resort with as top-notch a staff as you will find who will do just about anything to help you. The food was fresh and delectable and the local landscape is spectacular. My business group had a terrific time. If you are coming here during the week, I recommend you inquire about how many business groups might be on property as it wouldn't have been as great of an experience if I were traveling for pleasure amidst the biz groups.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Goldilocks412
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable "Ladies Get-away Weekend!" Your gracious remarks regarding your stay are sincerely appreciated. Our employees are one of our greatest assets and it is their dedication and hard work that allow us to build lasting relationships with our valued guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Scottsdale in the near future.

Ben Shank
Resort Manager

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is a great property-- the service on all fronts was outstanding-- from check in to check out they are pros. They make you feel super about staying with them!
The only downside is that some rooms are a long ways from the main lobby,restaurants,meeting rooms etc. In some cases a very long walk.They are happy to pick you up in a golf cart and drop you off-- but you may want to ask about a room close to the main lobby.

Also-- a car is a good idea. There are lots of great restaurants that are close but a cab ride or car ride to get there. It seems that there isnt always taxis ready when we were ready.

Room Tip: Close to lobby/pool area will save you a long walk.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Four Seasons is known for good service. But I believe that the Scottsdale location really goes above even the FS standards.

Check-in was easy even if it was 4AM. I was aware that they had different classes of rooms, so I wasn't too surprised that our room was a good distance from the main lobby/bar/eating areas. This was my first complaint. It was a good walk everyday (twice, sometimes three times) to get back to the room. I feel that if you have problems with mobility, this would be a big problem for you.

The room was big and had a fireplace which was awesome during the cold nights. the view was non-existent, just some dry desert plants and a wall. But the room was big and the bathroom was huge, dual vanity, shower and tub and separate toilet room.

Proof was the more moderately priced restaurant and we did find the food to be excellent. This is where we saw that other people were actually staying here too! You must have the pretzel knots....they are delicious. Also, I recommend the chicken at dinner, it's so flavorful. The waiter said they marinate it for 18 hours! OMG!

We golfed twice at Troon. It is very expensive to golf there, and I was disappointed that there was not a FS rate for guests. But oh well. It was challenging, but really beautiful. The greens were immaculate. The free shuttle to and from the resort was great.

My second complaint is why they always charge so much for valet service? We decided to use the self parking lot by the residences. This did add a bit of travel time to the room.

Service=Awesome
Rooms=Well appointed, clean with gas fireplace
Food=Both Proof and the lobby bar were excellent
Atmosphere=Desert romantic, quiet, remote

I would book at this resort again.

Room Tip: If you don't want a long walk, request a room closer to the lobby...but prepared to pay more. A...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelJunkie808
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, everything from your room, service, the food and atmosphere.

In the future please let us know if you would like a ride to and from your room. We will be more than happy to have our bellmen provide a ride for you in our golf carts.

In regard to our valet charges, these are competitive with other hotels and resorts in the area.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Scottsdale in the future.

Ben Shank
Resort Manager

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here with my family and was incredibly pleased! The service was incredible...I actually left something at the suite after we checked out and the security was so kind that they mailed it to me free of charge within days!

Beauty landscape and truly a 5 star resort! If your the outdoorsy type then this is the place to stay considering its proximity to Pinnacle Peak.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alex H
Reviewed January 12, 2013

SERVICE:
1. Front Office/Doormen, 2. Pool Side, 3. Lobby/Patio Bar staff were: Wonderful, capable, friendly, available and willing to be of help.
** Special note for amazing service from Room Service: We had bottles of water/beverages in our room. While we were at the pool, the hotel brought in an extra mini-fridge to keep our drinks and yogurt drinks cool. Didn't ask, they just brought in a 2nd mini fridge to hold all of our drinks cool. Amazing service.**
4. Restaurant hostesses could have been more helpful and more attentive, but they seemed young and untrained. Waitstaff was great, meal was decent but nothing to rave about. Easy dinner 1st/2nd night.

ROOM:
(Beds) 2 Queen room, patio view of the grounds - cactus landscape.
Smaller than expected, but didn't spend much time indoors. Mostly at the pool all day, in the cabanas for rest.
(Bathroom): Large, spacious, clean and modern.
(Beds): Wonderful, comparable to Westin Heavenly beds that put you to sleep.
(Patio): 1-2 tables with enough chairs for 3-4 adults to sit and enjoy evening stars.

TIPS:
1. Get a room further away from pool for peace and quiet in the evenings. Pools/bar are open later, not too rowdy but if you want absolute rest after a long day by the pool, get a room further north.
2. Get to pool cabanas early to stake your claim. Cabanas have shade and mist to cool you from the July/summer sun. Well worth it to get there early - 8 AM.
3. Outdoor bar/lobby bar is a small, but perfect for after dinner drinks. Not enough seating to enjoy leather chairs/couches for star gazing. Get there early or stay later.
4. Lower pool is better for adults with no children. Not as large as the upper pool with children toys/floaters, but just as nice with cabanas/service -- just no children splashing about.

VERDICT:
Would recommend, would return in a heart beat.

Trip date: July 2011

Trip date: July 2011.

Room Tip: Rooms north of the pool are ideal - away from evening events (hotel lead star-gazing), but close eno...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!