“I have never stayed anywhere this nice...”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Stamford, Connecticut
“I have never stayed anywhere this nice...”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travel A LOT for work and I can honestly say I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere this nice. It was a quick overnight trip unfortunately but I'll try and walk you through my experience.

The hotel is about 40 minutes from the Phoenix airport which I was bummed about but I slept the entire ride there so it wasn't too bad. A cab/limo is going to run you $75+tip. Limo driver wasn't creepy which is a huge plus for me when going anywhere new.

When we got to the hotel, a bellman has to bring you in a golf cart to your room. This was an immediate turnoff for me who likes to be walking distance from everything but it turns out it was walking distance and this was more of a courtesy than anything. The cool thing about the rooms is they're in these small, two story buildings (like 4 to a building) called Casitas.

So the bellman drops me off and I make an odd request for some balloons, which he says he'll check into and ends up coming back before I unpack my bags with 4 balloons. Who has balloons on hand?

The room is big, clean, and homey. Fireplace in the room, deck overlooking Scottsdale and the resort pool. The deck had a little seating area which was nice if you wanted to just relax outside after a long flight.

Room service was stellar. The food was good, they have a little hidden table in the room so that you can get set up just for room service. I also needed some other things during my stay due to poor packing and they had everything I needed to my door within 15 mins.

I have never slept in a hotel room without ear plugs or the TV on. It was so quiet here I slept without either and the bed was, of course, comfortable.

Bathroom had bath and shower so I took a nice bath. Bathroom was huge too.

In the morning I walked back to the lobby building, not a long walk, beautiful surroundings. I couldn't ask for more and I continue to rave about this experience to everyone. I wish I could afford a Four Seasons for leisure trips.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jenny S
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and very detailed review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - everything from your room, resort grounds, and especially our service. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This was my 50th birthday extended weekend trip. It was meant to be a treat. We booked the one bedroom suite, and it met our expectations. Outdoor plunge pool, fireplace, chairs and a small table. We also had an outdoor shower option with a door leading out from the enclosed shower. I used this on my birthday - just so I can say I did. My wife made a number of arrangements for my birthday with the concierge, Kristin, and she was excellent. Again, service from the check in to concierge support to housekeeping, pool staff, front lobby staff - all very attentive. We enjoyed the breakfasts in the main restaurant. We golfed on a few occasions - good proximity to courses. We had an SUV. Pick us up from airport, and then rented a car from hotel the next day, and returned car to hotel before we left to avoid logistics of navigating airport. All worked very well.
Also hiked from hotel to pinnacle peak. I would do this every morning on a future visit. If quick paced, can be done before breakfast, within hour and a half, return.

Small complaints for room- outlet covers seemed to be coming off wall, toilet paper was cheap, something not to be expected for a Four Seasons. But if these are the complaints, I think we're doing pretty good. We would definitely love to return and stay longer.

Mike

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike B
victoria bc
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have never stayed at a Four Seasons before so I couldnt wait to arrive here.We have waited all year for rest and relaxation.This is the place for it.The grounds are immaculate,the accomadations top notch and the bathroom amenities exquisite. The beds super comfy large double sink bathroom .a huge walk in closet .Best part of all is ALL the staff everyone was always happy and their goal was to see that you are happy.They do it effortlessly
The conceirge always helpful pool staff,spa staff,lounge staff, reception,the coffee and pastires in the morning were awsome...the housekeeping,every aspect did not disappoint.
This is the first time what you see on the web site is EXACTLY how it is
A DREAM COME TRUE
special thanks to JAMIE the pool supervisor she helped us make our stay SOOOOO special and Angie our server...
I CANT WAIT TO RETURN
Cathy and Tony Weicker

Room Tip: there is a bit of walking and stairs involved but you could always get a ride from the golf carts.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank diamondcats
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are wonderful , pool is great, staff very nice. There are only two complaints I had. First, the spa is under renovations and we weren't told. The spa experience was horrible. It was done in a relaxing atmosphere but in a room with all the lights on. Secondly, the food at talavera for dinner was horrendous. For the price I was expecting great food. The side dishes were only warm and were horrible. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem but at this hotel there are not other restaurants you can walk to ...everything is so far away. You are trapped to eat there.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a few stairs that you must climb. Keep this in mind.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KCfromKCNY
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and providing us with your honest feedback. I apologize that your experience in Talavera were not part of the highlights of your visit. We pride ourselves on innovative and flavorful cuisine throughout the resort, but clearly we did not hit the mark on this occasion. I also apologize with your experience at the Spa.

I do appreciate the wonderful comments regarding the beauty of the Resort, the pool and our staff.

We look forward to your return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Here for a business seminar and very pleased with the service, food, and facilities.

Everyone is extremely polite, friendly, and helpful - above and beyond expectations. Love the evening bed laydown service getting my bed all nice and ready for me.

The food is scrumptious and healthy.

Concierge has everything. I made two difficult requests (tide to go and a charger for my ancient blackberry) and they were able to assist in both cases.

Very interesting layout where you need to walk to your building. I actually really like it, especially in this beautiful weather.

Extremely quiet in the room, probably because of the layout.

Meeting facilities are very nice.

Bed and pillows are great, which is hard to find!!

Room Tip: You do have to walk here, so you should consider how much like like or do not like to walk when requ...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
croydon
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the start of a fly drive through Arizona and New Mexico. I chose this hotel based on the TA reviews as we like quiet, off the beaten track places to stay. We had not stayed at a Four Seasons hotel before so I was very much looking forward to it. First impressions were that the reception area was not very impressive or grand. The car park was a long way from the reception and even further from our room. Far too far. We could have paid for valet parking but thought it was ridiculously expensive and I think this should have been free to guests. Our room was large and nice but the standard of a 4 star hotel. We eat at the restaurant on the first night. Food was very average so went out the second night. Staff were all very helpful and the setting is very nice. There wasn't anything bad or horrible, just all very average and not what I had expected from a four seasons hotel. It's a good 4 star hotel but no where near a 5 star. Have stayed in so many hotels that are far better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travellertheworld
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We regret that the layout of the Resort did not meet your needs. The Resort design reflects that of an adobe-style pueblo village, in keeping with the sense of place of our home in the desert.

In regard to our valet parking charges, these are competitive with other hotels and resorts in the area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you will return to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale or any future Four Seasons Worldwide Hotel.

Scottsdale
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I live less than a mile from this resort and drove over there to look at their restaurant for a lunch celebration a week in advance for a party of 3 people. I made the reservation and specified the banquette table with the best view inside the restaurant. The hostess (the F&B assistant manager) assured me that the banquette would be ours for the lunch and left specific notes for the other hostess. I reconfirmed the lunch reservation the week of the lunch. When we arrived to be seated, a mother and two small children were seated at our requested table and had been there since breakfast service (at 10:10 a.m.). We had to choose another table. The family remained in the banquette for at least another hour playing games: over 3 hours from breakfast through lunch! A very disappointing experience for a lunch that cost $105. + tip for a party of 3 (with no alcohol). Not 5-star treatment at all!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank neighborTroon
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, October 8, 2012

I apologize that we could not honor your request and unfortunately the family dining at your preferred table dined longer than anticipated. Please know that the appropriate discussions have taken place as we work to overcome these service shortfalls.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#19 of 75 in Scottsdale
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley
Paradise Valley
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!