“Great family summer stay”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The exceptional service and amenities have been covered in the other reviews. The service was great. I agree that the prices for certain things (resort fees, valet parking, room service) are high but this is the norm. Besides the summer rates are discounted so likely the hotels look for other stream of revenue. There are places to eat within driving distance which are good and reasonable in prices but that means driving.

There were five kids in our group and each had a blast. The kids center and activities are fun and keep them interested. The price for lunch is high and I suggest cutting back the portion to decrease the price.

The complimentary laundry is very useful facilitating light travel. The pool area is wonderful as well as the service there. Housekeeping staff was patient and helpful. Can't ask for more.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I loved my time at the Four Seasons Hotel. I've just returned from an 8 day trip to Scottsdale and I'm very happy with my choice to stay at the Four Seasons Hotel. The hotel staff's professionalism was impeccable. The food was excellent and the spa services were top notch. If it wasn't so far away from home, I would return every chance I got during a long holiday weekend. Just like others have noted, the room accomodations were large, with walk-in closets. There were 3 separate plunge pools for a much needed getaway from the kids. Beautiful views of Pinnacle Peak, the countryside and the sunsets. The location was excellent for much needed solace and solitude.

Now the spa...the service was just impeccable! I had a massage by the Lead Therapist, Art Krause, and it was one of the best massages I've ever had. I've been to other properties like The Ritz Carlton and the Park Hyatt; however none of those spa services compare to Art's magical hands. I ended up going back for two additional spa treatments because my experience there was so amazing. If you consider any spa services, make sure to ask for Art. He will definitely take care of you.

I also enlisted the services of personal training. Another amazing experience as the personal trainer, KJ, quickly whipped me into shape. The equipment in the gym are extensive so you can definitely get a good workout if that's what you choose to do.

Definitely a top choice in Arizona. I would come back here and I highly recommend the Four Seasons as the destination for a perfect getaway in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback after your most recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - everything from your room, our staff, the food and our Spa. Your gracious remarks regarding your stay are sincerely appreciated. Our employees are one of our greatest assets and it is their dedication and hard work that allow us to build lasting relationships with our valued guests.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons for one night for our anniversary. We stayed in a Superior King Casita and the room was outstanding. The bedroom and bathroom were both large and the room had a walk-in closet and a balcony. Although the room is advertised as having the best view of the countryside, we were not particularly impressed with the view. The balcony was large however, with two very comfortable recliners and a table. The temperature when we were there was over 100, and that made sitting outside even less enticing.

Service at this Four Seasons was excellent. No matter what you needed someone was always right there to help. In fact, one of the highlights for us was that when we returned to our room after dinner, the hotel had placed a small bottle of champagne on ice for our anniversary along with "Love Potion #4." The "Love Potion" consisted of a beaker with strawberries in it, two liqueur glasses with brandy in one and another juice in the other, and directions for mixing the potion in the beaker. It was ingenious and we loved the touch of having it waiting in our room after dinner.

Although we did not take advantage of the pool, it looked wonderful with a bar on site and cabanas throughout the deck area. All in all this is an outstanding Four Seasons and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
BenShank99, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us on your anniversary and I appreciate your feedback. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope that we have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to the Four Seasons Scottsdale in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Absolutely loved this Four Seasons!!! From our beautiful room with the outdoor shower and plunge pool on our patio, to the southwest theme throughout the lobby/bar/restaurant areas! Also, the landscaping was impeccable! I kept telling my husband I wanted to move to Scottsdale and he needed to keep reminding me we would not be living at the Four Seasons!!

We had drinks and light dinner on the outdoor deck at Onyx, could have sat there all night watching the nighthawks flying and swooping in the air. Also, had a lovely dinner at Talavera on their deck right as the sun was setting. The desert at dusk is very beautiful.

Overall, the staff was very pleasant and made you feel so welcome!! I look forward to a return visit!

2  Thank jdonatj

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. Your gracious remarks regarding your stay are sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

For the price, this was a phenomenal experience. Great service, beautiful facilities, fine touches in and out of the room. I literally said out loud, "Oh my god!" as I slid between the sheets. The bed and the bedding were perfect (and I'm really picky in that arena;)
I have already told many friends about my stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ccphd

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you recent visit to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale.

It is always such a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us in our desert oasis!

Again, I thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon and often.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

In a quiet place in Scottsdale be prepared for enjoyment! The Residence Club is the place to be.
Three seperate pools, Setup pool service with frozen fruit and smoothies, A great poolside restaurant with possibly the best salsa and chips complimentry...Different activities during the day. The one bedroom rooms are super large with 2 bathrooms and walk in closet

4  Thank travelshooter71
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Outstanding service, vistas, location, just can't say enough. We swapped our Marriott Timeshare Week and I must say it makes Marriott Vacation Club, of which we are a multiple weeks member, pale in comparison. Daily maid service and she even cleaned my hairbrush!
I cannot give it enough stars!!! Maybe 7 stars! We had to leave after 3 days to attend a sales meeting in another location in Scottsdale ( 3 stars, in my opinion.) Let me clarify, this was not the Four Seasons resort - this was the Four Seasons Residence Club. I understand there is a real difference.

Room Tip: Residence Club side