“Our second trip was even better!”

Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Baltimore, Maryland
“Our second trip was even better!”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family just spent a week at the Four Seasons in Scottsdale. It was our second time here, and it was even more amazing than the first time. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a Premier Casita, and surprised with champagne and strawberries, and stuffed animals and personalized s'mores for our daughters (ages 6 and 8).

We spent much of our time relaxing at the pool. We really enjoyed the complimentary cabanas - shade was important when it was 115 outside! The service at the pool, as everywhere else in the resort, is excellent. We loved the hourly frozen treats, and the staff made sure we were always supplied with fresh towels and ice water.

We had breakfast in Crescent Moon every day, and everything we tried was delicious. The prices are standard for a 5 start resort - high - but everything was of excellent quality. Lunch by the pool was also great. Again, the prices were high, but in line for the resort, and the food was always freshly prepared and wonderful. They also had a summer special menu with a limited number of entrees and drinks at reduced prices. Again, all terrific.

Housekeeping was perfect - they always cleaned the room soon after we left, and turndown service was done while we were at dinner every evening. My kids really loved the children's robes. Everywhere you go on the entire property, everyone from the concierge to the housekeeping staff is polite and friendly.

Our kids really enjoyed the Kids for All Seasons program. They loved the art projects and games, and having lunch while watching a movie in the theater. It was a fantastic treat for me and my husband to have some alone time while on a family vacation.

I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. I am not the easiest to please and I could not complain about one thing the entire week. We are already talking about returning again next year. The service is beyond fantastic, and the setting is tranquil and beautiful. Go!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
FSScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

We are so pleased that your family enjoyed your visit - everything from your room, the pool, along with the complimentary cabanas, the food and our Kids for All Seasons program. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
raleigh
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We have stayed for the last 5 years at The Four Seasons at Troon North. This year was the most memorable , not only because it was our 40th anniversary, but because of the staff and service that we received. Our suite even had a plunge pool with a massive boulder behind it. The skies were so clear that all the stars were visible every night for a wonderful show. We really had no need to ever leave our room because it was so luxurious, but we ate two nights at the Talvera Restaurant. Rave reviews for the special four course dinner and the following night for our anniversary dinner with friends. We enjoyed swimming in the large pool early in the morning all by ourselves. The use of the cabana each day was also a private retreat within itself. If you really want to get away from the city and just enjoy the desert , The Four Seasons at Troon North is the place to go. And remember, we were there when the temperatures were well above 100 degrees, but we just so enjoyed the resort from the early morning views on the terrace with our tea and coffee to the night skies. We will return again. Many thanks to the staff for excellent service in all areas.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I'm a total Four Seasons brand loyalist after having visited a few of their properties. This hotel is phenomenal. It's actually an hour away from where we needed to be on a daily basis, but was SO worth the trip! The staff is incredible, attentive, kind, warm, helpful, just effortlessly amazing. The view is incredible, the pool is wonderful(although very shallow).. and the food! Just amazing food! We did definitely miss some of the extra special touches we encountered at other Four Seasons such as the nightly shoe cleaning service and cold water at turndown, but those are minor. The prickly pear tea at the valet every afternoon was wonderful and i actually miss it!
I never liked Arizona until I came here. The area is gorgeous, absolutely magical. I'm already planning a return trip!
(Although not that it makes all that much of a difference, be aware that valet is $27 plus tax daily. A little steep we thought considering a different far larger and more exotic Four Seasons locale only charged $20.)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
FSScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and very detailed review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

We are so pleased that you are loyal Four Seasons guests and that you enjoyed your visit - everything from the pool, food and especially our staff. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your impressions from your visit. We value your patronage to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed at the Four Seasons Troon North for two nights to celebrate our 10th anniversary. What an outstanding resort! From the moment we arrived, we felt like we were worlds away. The service was really exceptional. They had champagne and strawberries waiting for us in the room when we arrived, such a nice touch. We stayed in a deluxe casita, and it was a lovely room with a nice private patio. My only slight disappointment is that it overlooked the rear of the property rather than the mountains and lights of Scottsdale, but it was definitely more private than the rooms facing the pool.

When we pulled into the resort, we were behind a tour bus, which made me a little nervous. But what amazed me about this resort is even though it was completely sold out with both a group and a wedding, it was surprisingly quiet and peaceful the entire time. The pool was very crowded (and it really bothers me that people stake out their cabanas first thing in the morning, then don't show up until noon), but it was still pretty quiet.

We had a fabulous dinner at Talavera. The food and service were both very good. My husband played golf at the Monument course and was very impressed.

We couldn't have asked for a better anniversary weekend. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mkgalby
FSScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, June 28, 2011

We are so pleased that you enjoyed celebrating your 10th anniversary here at our resort. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Happy belated anniversary!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 14, 2011

What can I say? It's the Four Seasons - you're always going to receive impeccable service here - that's what their brand stands for, but my goodness - the rooms were ahhhh-mazing!! Patio area looked right out into the cactus and Sonoran Desert. The in-room fireplace was a warm comfort during the chilly evenings. The food at Crescent Moon could have come from any quality restaurant in the country and that's just the cafe. I was more than satisfied and quite impressed by the property and the staff at the Four Seasons at Troon North.

I stayed here for a business function so I wasn't able to take advantage of all of the outdoor activity options, but am looking forward to the opportunity to return. If I had to give any negative points, it would only be due to fact that the place is almost an hour away from Phoenix's airport and almost $75 in cab costs, but it's worth it for the experience and you have GOT to come for the experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I took my husband to the Four Seasons in Scottsdale for his 50th. He loves to golf, loves shopping, fine dining, and hot weather, so it seemed like a good idea. The hotel was gorgeous. However, we have stayed at many beautiful resorts before. so what made this special?? Without a doubt, it was the service. Absolutely impeccable but in a friendly way, not in a snooty way. Staff would help us find a good spot by the pool, brought drinks whenever we wanted (never had to wait), gave us good info on shopping etc, and were super friendly. The room was lovely, with a great patio overlooking the pool. The restaurants were all very good, albeit pricey, but that was to be expected. My husband golfed at both courses and spoke highly of them. What I liked best was the proximity to Pinnacle Peak for hiking - right out the back door, a popular, well groomed, difficult but not treachorous hike that was extremely enjoyable. I will definitely go back, next time with the kids.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohninCanada
FSScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that all of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Mill Valley, California
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I went back to FS Scottsdale at Troon for the 10th time over Memorial day weekend. I love this place and would usually not go back to the same hotel over and over. The Four Seasons is worth every visit. The updated pool is great, the seating is better at the pool area there is not a fight for lounge chairs like there can be at some of the FS (Maui)I have been to. They have an adult only pool which is nice…

The rooms are spacious and I always request the same building number, and 6 out of 10 times my request has been granted. I will say that building 7 (I think) with the plunge pool suite was divine. Large bedroom with a big living area a huge patio with fireplace, and the private plunge pool is great and very relaxing. I would disagree with the review that said the pool rooms were great. I find them to be noisy, and love the view of the rooms in the back of the building.( That’s just me)

After many visit’s to this FS, it feels more like “Cheers” (the show) to me. A lot of the staff remember me, and I usually hop out of the car and the valets know me from the last visit….always remembering I am from San Francisco. It is really a nice personal touch. I love the spa and usually always have a treatment when I go. The treatments have never disappointed…very relaxing.

The food is good and I finally had the breakfast buffet, which is a huge variety of options. My only complaint is that they tool the Steak salad off the menu. It was delicious and I was craving it the last time I was there, but alas, I found something else to replace it… I played tennis with the ball machine last time I was there. The spa packs a bag with waters and some wet towels….after all it was 100 degrees. There we G-force winds which hampered my game, but the next morning, I got a good workout with no wind.

I can’t say much else except I am looking forward to my visit over the 4TH OF July weekend.!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
FSScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice and very detailed review from your recent stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit - everything from the resort grounds, the quiet and peacefulness and especially our service. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#19 of 75 in Scottsdale
Paradise Valley
The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Sanctuary Camelback Mountain
#1 of 5 in Paradise Valley

Been to Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North? Share your experiences!