“Excellent value for an average, but good, hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

For my $75 per night (before taxes of about $11), I received a very clean room with two queen
beds, fairly quiet, and with well-functioning plumbing, internet, and furnishings. The only downer was the PTAC unit--an Amana through the wall thing--that made too much noise all night long, and that wasn't that effective. Not necessarily the hotel's fault though they may want to check their maintenance of these critical units.
The free breakfast was better than the typical "eat in the lobby" type of deals--at least they had all the hot table things as well as the usual line-up of pastries, yogurt, cereal, juices, and coffee.
I hear that this place changes its prices a lot--while I paid $75, I hear it can go to $300 real fast in the high season. My review is predicated on price--at $300 there is no way I would ever touch this place! Not even close. Beware, and ask in advance.

Room Tip: There are no "really good rooms"--they are all about the same, so just make sure to get on...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank suitcasepro
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear suitcasepro,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your candid comments. I'm sorry your PTAC unit was noisy and hope you will let us know what room you were in via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com, so we can make the necessary repairs. We do have a preventative maintenance program in place, but it appears that we missed the one in your room, and hope you will accept my apologies for the discomfort you experienced. Our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and extensive facilities. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This Hampton is conveniently located off the 101 and N. Scottsdale Rd. There are restaurants nearby. We had a room near the pool and it was quiet. The hotel was very clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast was crowded but good.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Liz F,

Thanks for posting your review and 5 star rating about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you where happy with the service and accommodations we provide and hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed with a group at this hotel for a wedding and enjoyed the property and the rooms. We loved the heated pool, free breakfast and workout facility. My favorite part was having a door that opened up to the pool area on the first floor.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jenny S,

Thanks for posting your nice review about your stay with us. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Loved our glorious stay. The new Serta bed was so comfortable and housekeeping was a cheerful bunch. Easy access to everything we wanted to see. Even though there were hockey teams during our stay, it was quiet and clean. We will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Dawn J,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

we had a Christmas party close to there so we did not want to drive an hour both ways. so we got a room and the hotel took us and pick us up from the party. Very nice people just called when we where done and the came and got us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Randy B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel rather than drive home after your party. I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have had stayed in many Hampton Inns in the past and the beds have always been fantastic but here the sheets were VERY poor quality. My skin felt scratched every morning and dry. I did not have a good nights sleep half of the four nights we stayed there. The room was spacious but not the best furniture. This Hampton Inn is in a good location which we appreciated. I took the shuttle service once but it wasn't available for the other time I needed it. I would recommend having a car and not relying on the shuttle. The breakfast had a lot of variety- eggs, waffles, bagels, toast, juice, coffee, fruit and yogurt. It just depends on what you are looking for.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ihearttravel13
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear ihearttravel13,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton family of hotels and posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the sheets here, and hope you will accept my apologies for the discomfort you experienced. I'll review the proper procedures for rotating inventory and cleaning and storing and make any necessary changes so others don't have the same experience as you. We value your business and your feedback which we will use to improve our operation. I hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in us on a future visit.

Guest Relations Manger

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had a first floor suite, because elevators are just one more thing to wait for, and I was very pleased with the value I got for my money. The wireless network functioned flawlessly while I was there, which is always a nice bonus.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard C

Dear Richard C,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.