“Anderlie”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I'm an avid traveler and typically, hotel staff seems pretty run-down and eager to get off work. This was definitely not the case with Anderlie (Andy) at the Hampton Inn Suites in Scottsdale, AZ. I was travelling for business and i got the rare chance to fly my wife down to stay with me. Frantic from my waking up late on the day of my wife's arrival, it was at breakfast when i met Andy. I sat at a table with a large, beautiful bouquet of flowers. Andy asked how everything was and if i needed anything. I told her that actually my wife was arriving soon and that I had poorly planned her arrival and i asked her where i might find a bouquet as beautiful as the one on the table at which I was sitting. She told me that her husband had brought her that particular bouquet the day before. (There were single flowers in vases on every table besides mine). We talked briefly about life, marriage etc. She then offered me her personal bouquet since i was running late and my wife would be arriving soon!! My jaw dropped to the floor. Never before had i experienced such 'above and beyond' hospitality.. She did something that she didnt have to do and that small act of generosity has made me tell numerous colleagues that whenever possible, they simply MUST stay at a Hampton Inn Suites!!

Thank you again Andy!!! The world needs more people like you!

B. Gray
AT&T Mobility, USA

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thanks for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. Anderlie is very sweet and is always putting the guests needs above her own. She's definitely a "pay it forward" person and inspires everyone here to be the same. I will see that she gets the positive recogniton for your comments. Thanks, too, for the great recommendations. We look forward to serving you and your associates whenever we can.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We'have been staying for 7 Dias now The stay is been really nice and so are the staff (Maria E.from the breakfast room and Juanita Torres for housekeeping).

Upon arriving we found ourselves in a valley of smiles from the very first person.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise).
The bed was one thing that if I could take it home, I would have done.

Very rich and tasty breakfast,Maria is e very hard worker and keep everything nice and clean ready to have a delicious breakfast , With each breakfast We became more spoiled.
Our room always clean and nice thanks to Juanita Torres very nice person and always traing her best to go beyond her job.

These are the things that made us enjoy our stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel is for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Suites are large,with a kitchen,living room,two beds and balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your very first review about your lengthy stay with us. "Living" in a hotel for extended periods can be stressful and disrupting, and we do what we can to make sure everyone is able to relax and enjoy themselves while they are with us here. Maria and Juanita are two of our best, and set great examples for everyone to follow. I'll be sure they get the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

It was awesome! Mike is a great driver, always took us where we wanted to go and was happy to see us. Casey was great as well. I was there for three weeks and had a week off in between. I walked in after having been gone and she greeted me by name and asked how my son was. First class service, first class staff!

Room Tip: Get a suite I'd you can, well worth it! Also I recommend room 320, as it is on its own section i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for your awesome review and rating of the time you spent with us. Casey and Mike are two of our best, and inspire us all to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll make sure they get the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. I hope you and your family will be our guests again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. I was greeted warmly at the front desk. I waited a big longer than usual to check in, but once it was my turn, it went fairly quickly.

I should mention that I am a Diamond HHonors member, so I am not sure if this had anything to do with my room. But I reserved a regular room, and ended up with a two room suite containing a stove, refrigerator, microwave, fully furnished with pots, pans, plates, etc. There was a sofa bed, chair + ottoman and a kitchen table with 3 chairs also - not to mention 2 flat screens (living room and bedroom) and a full array of tv stations - not just the usual HBO/news/ESPN of many hotels!

I am used to having water and a snack due to my Hhonors membership but was surprised with milk and cookies also! (There were also baked cookies each night in the lobby and 24 hour coffee/tea/hot cocoa service)

Everyone who worked at this property was friendly. The room was clean, the breakfast room clean - although typical Hampton Inn fare. Every worker I encountered introduced themselves and asked if there was anything they could do for me! It is obvious that they care about giving good service!

The hotel is one of the older Hampton Inns, and has a bit of "wear and tear" but is still a great place and I would definitely stay here again.

There are several nice restaurants close by - even walking distance. Also great shopping near as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for being a Diamond Member in the HHonors program, and for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We want to provide all our guests wtih exceptoinal service and we do what we can to make your stay enjoyable. Next time, please feel free to use our complimentary shuttle service to explore more of our neighborhood. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are in Scottsdale.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Some hotels just click better than others. A lucky combination of great staff, clean comfy rooms, working facilities (pool, computers, room appliances, thermostat, TV remote, everything always works!) smart & convenient property layout, and good juxtaposition to the other business in the immediate area make this Hampton the perfect hotel for the price. Our party included a handicapped family member and more-than-average daily requests; staff remained pleasant & cheerful the entire week (THANX Anderlie for the additional assistance in the cafe and with our wheelchair, very kind). Energetic/attractive/efficient staff, happy in the workplace, like they were genuine friends of each other. Front desk & mini-store service always instant, and biggest on my list; maids didn't knock or enter when "don't disturb" notice was on door.
Perfect! -g

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thanks for making your very first TA review about your recent stay with us. I'm so glad you and your family were happy here, and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done. Please let us know when you will be back so we can welcome and thank you in person.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed on a Sat night with discounted rates; summer in Ariz! Asked to be moved from view of pool to view to east (benefits from sunrise and no harsh afternoon sun). The surprise was a free fireworks show from the Fairmont Princess, just across the road to the NE. The hotel itself is a Hampton Inn, consistently clean and pleasant with a couple of issues -- it's a little older, remodeling here and there (exercise room closed for redo when we were there) -- signs of care. Normal rates are very competitive for the area; summer rates extremely so. Included breakfast is very good and worth probably $25 to $30 for a couple; given the expensive area. Overall, pleasant, all that is expected of a Hampton, attentive polite staff, and LOCATION MATTERS: hotel is in north Scottsdale, short distance from Mayo Clinic and the Musical Instruments Museum (worth a day in its own right!).

Room Tip: East side is always better in Arizona due to harsh afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thanks you very much for your loyalty to the Hampton brand, and for staying with us during your recent visit. The new Jump Start Fitness room is a significant improvement over our previous offering, and I hope you will continue to let us know what you think the next time you are here.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Breakfast service from Seymour and Maria is among the best anywhere. We have stayed here on numerous occasions with nothing but good experiences

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thanks for your many visits and loyalty. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our returning guests, and to make them feel comfortable and happy here. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you the next time you are in town.