“Great Breakfast”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Really happy with how well the staff did with the free breakfast. Everyday was something new, which was a nice change. The staff was very friendly, Anderlie was very freindly and helpfull.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit, and for making it the topic of your first review on TA. Anderlie is terrific, and inspires us all to do our best, every day, with every guest. I will make sure she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to the next time you will allow us to host you here.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Nice, pretty fancy, good breakfast, good service, great location

Room Tip: suites are nice
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm glad you were happy here and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Scottsdale.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Excellent Staff/Service! We stayed at the hotel from 23 March -1 April 2012 while our son was recuperating from brain surgery at the Mayo Clinic. Staying in 2 different hotels before the Hampton during our 2 week stay in Arizona was pretty stressful on my husband and I. Heidi was a LIFESAVER and give us a great DEAL on our room. Sharon was always smiling and willing to work with us while extending our stay twice due to our sons recovery. The whole staff , which includes housekeeping and the breakfast crew treated us very nice and did an excellent job. Will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for making your very first TripAdvisor review about your experience here. The Mayo does an excellent job, but that doesn't make it any less stressful when you have to be there, I'm glad we were able to give you some comfort. Everyone here loves what we do, and I will be sure to let Heidi & Sharon and the rest of the team know how happy they made you, and see that they get the positive recognition they desrve for being mentioned here. I hope you and your family can return to enjoiy the many other wonderful places in Scottdale, and would love the opportunity to serve you here again.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We recently stayed here for 5 nights. Not what I would call luxurious by any means, but clean, comfortable and a good value. All of the employees we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and fairly spacious, although some parts of it seemed a bit outdated. We stayed on the first floor, so our room had an individual patio with a table and chairs overlooking the pool - I really enjoyed this! The continental breakfast had a wide variety of items to choose from. Fairly quiet except when there are a lot of people in the pool area. The hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and shopping, as well as a few major roads. Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor with a patio
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for posting your comments. I'm glad you were happy with your choice, and hope you will give us anothe opportunity to serve you again the next time you are here.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We really like the location of this hotel. Many restaurants, shops and Mayo Hospital nearby. Feel very safe in this area. We are returning tomorrow for a 3 night (or longer) stay. We stayed several wks in a suite 3 yrs. ago. My husband stayed there 7 wks the summer of 2010 in a standard room. I came down some week-ends. I enjoyed the patio area overlooking the green grass w/plenty of birds. I liked having my coffee in the a.m. and a cookie on the patio at night. Like the 2 entrance doors, one from the hallway and one from outside. The pool and spa area are comfy & clean. It is also nice to have breakfast near the pool. The staff are friendly & helpful, especially the breakfast host. We were there last fall also for a night; so we must feel comfortable there. As an aside, we have also traveled through Europe and the Mid-East and stayed in many 5 star hotels. We will be back tomorrow.

Room Tip: We like the ground floor rooms near the back parking for easy access, If you will be staying a few...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your many visits and for taking the time to write and post your comments & rating of your experiences here. We do want every guest to be happy they chose us, and to be able to relax and enjoy themselves as much as possible while they are here. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything you need to make your time with us more pleasant and comfortable.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend while attending a wedding Scottsdale, so we spent very little time in the hotel itself. It was clean and well-maintained, if a little old. Located in a good part of town wndith plenty to do.

The front desk staff was not the most responsive. We tried to check in about 45 minutes early, as we had a wedding to get to and need to shower, get dressed, etc. The lady at the front desk initally insisted we would have to wait until 3 to check in, and weakly suggested that we clean up and change in the public restroom. (Gross.) We did ask to speak to a manager though, she she fixed the problem and checked us in in a very professional, courteous fashion. This is maybe the only time in my life that a manager has intervened and solved a customer service problem immediately. That kind of service definitely counts for something and made a great impression on us.

• Stayed: March 2012
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2012

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during the wedding weekend. I am sorry for the initial reaction at the front desk, and glad our manager was able to make things right for you. Normal checkin time is 3pm, and we do try to fulfill requests for earlier check in whenenver possible. I hope you will consider staying with us again when you are looking for a hotel in North Scottsdale

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Room 316.
1. Woke up in the middle of the night and discovered top sheet all balled up in the middle of the bed. Maid neglected to tuck it in. Fitted bottom sheet was barely on mattress. Got up adjusted bottom sheet and tucked in top sheet correctly with hospital corners. Not my idea of fun in the middle of the night.
2. Got up bright and early and went to make in room coffee. Coffee maker was in cabinet so small you could not open it to pour water in. Move furniture so I can unplug coffeemaker from wall, move it over on the desk. Ah finally a cup of coffee. Too much work.
3.. After my AM shower I went to brush my teeth and the cold water was warm. Must be something amiss in the faucet. Flush toilet and discover it has same warm water so faucet was not problem. Cold water supply was simply warm. Didn't enjoy brushing my teeth with warm water.
3. Got up next morning and made in room coffee. No cardboard cups, sugar, cream, napkin or swizzle sticks. Got dressed and went down stairs and got necessary supplies. Same story next 3 mornings.
I recognize that these are all rather minor issues but I have stayed at far more inexpensive accomodations and never experienced these problems.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mlunstra2
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

I am very sorry that you found condtions and sitautions that are certainly not up to our usual standards of excellence. I will use your experiences in discussions and training with the entire team here. Please accept my sincere apologies, and feel free to contact me at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com if you would like to disuss this further.