“What a great find!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Came to the Mayo Clinic the week before Christmas with my daughter and were supposed to be in town overnight-ended up being there 4 days. Can't say enough great things about this hotel. The employee working the reservation desk was so kind and helpful. We were given a room on the third floor in a quiet area due to my daughter's health issues. The hotel room was spotless-every inch of it! They have an amazing housekeeping staff. The work out room, breakfast area and lobby area including restroom were immaculate all of the time. Every employee was gracious and friendly and wanted to make sure everything was going well with our stay there. We will have to make more trips to the Mayo Clinic and it is nice to know that I don't have to research a place to stay-will definitely choose the Hampton Inn. The kindness of those at the Mayo Clinic extended to the hotel staff. It was so nice to be treated so well and not have to worry a bit about our stay. Honestly, cannot thank them enough!

Room Tip: Corner suite was very quiet. Hotel staff was happy to recommend a good location.
3  Thank Lisa G
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

I am sorry your situation made you stay longer than anticipated, and hope that things continue to improve for you and your daughter. Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your experience here. I'm glad we were able to provide you with service and accommodations that met your needs, and hope your next visit will be for more enjoyable and relaxing reasons. We look forward to serving you and your family again the next time you are in Scottsdale.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed here December 27 and was booked to stay an additional night, but the hot water was shut off off for two days! They were sending guests to the hotel (Sleep Inn) next door to shower. I was very dissappointed since I got this hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday and he wanted a pool and hot tub at the hotel. I made sure before I booked this hotel that it had a heated pool and hot tub. I complained to the front desk and the hotel manager apologized and made it right. They claim to have customer's complete satisfaction guaranteed and they did just that. Thank you.

Room Tip: We got a room that opens towards the pool area
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peacefulperfection

I am SO SORRY that we didn't provide you with the experience you were looking for, and really appreciate your understanding and comments about what happened during your recent visit. Thank YOU for taking the time to write and post your review. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with excellent customer service and accommodations the next time you plan on coming to Scottsdale.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed at the hotel in early December. Hotel was undergoing some remodeling in the lobby area.

I checked in late in the evening and the process was quick and easy. The hallway to where my room was was closed, so I was escorted outside to a side entry to get to the elevator.

Room was clean and neat. Bed was comfortable, room was quiet, bath was spacious and was well stocked. Work area in room was comfortable and the high speed internet worked well (it was provided at no charge).

Breakfast the next morning was good. Papers available and there was plenty of table space. Good selection of things to eat and you can always grab something to go if needed.

Checkout was pretty simple. I prepaid when I made the reservation. I turned in my keys and asked for a receipt, and the clerk told me there is no receipt generated for people who prepay. I wanted one which is why I asked for it. I went online and printed, but it would have been nice for the clerk to just reprint.

Access to the workout out area was closed as the hallway was being re-tiled. Did not use the pool. Close to lots of places to eat, gas station next door, and convenient parking.

In summary, good place to stay for business travel. And the price was right.

1  Thank GLMS-NC
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write and share you comments here, we really appreciate your input. I apologize for the poor service you received at our desk, and will use your review in discussions and training to make sure no one else encounters this problem here. Generally speaking, we can only print receipts for transactions that occur at our hotel, and when you prepay on another site, there is no receipt in the hotel's computer, thereby requiring the guest to log in to the site where they booked and prepaid in order to get a receipt. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay, and hope you will be pleased the next time you visit with the improvements we are making now.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn for a pre-XMAS trip to Phoenix and also for a golf tournament. We travel frequently for business, hockey tournaments, and pleasure. This hotel has been one of the best that we've stayed in for a long time. The hotel had lots of little extras that just made it more enjoyable. This included the gift wrap 'station' set up in the lobby with paper, bows, XMAS tags, tape and scissors. What a great thing for my kids and husband to be able to wrap presents. They also had a hotel shuttle that my son was able to use to be picked up from the Greyhawk golf course while we were shopping up in Anthem. The staff was very helpful especially when I was organizing a video conference call, when getting suggestions, and even when coming around during breakfast offerring coffee refills, extras, and even whipped cream. What a great travel experience. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2011

Thank you very much for your visits and for your wonderful first review. The holidays are such a special time of the year, and we know how important it is for everyone in the family to be able to relax and enjoy themselves, especially when they are away from home. I hope you and your family will have an opportunity to stay with us the next time you are in Scottsdale.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Hampton Inn & Suites was a great choice for our wedding guests. I got married in September 2011. The weather was nice and our guests had no problem walking to the local stores and restaurants. The shuttle service was great for our guests who did not rent a car. The hotel shuttle even picked up our guests from Desert Ridge after the rehearsal dinner. The also tranported them to and from our wedding venue. My husband and I stayed there on our wedding night and we had no complaints. The rooms are nice and the staff was great. Our guests really enjoyed their stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your wonderful wedding event, congratulations to the happy couple, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Making sure that all our guests are well taken care of is what brings us the greatest satisfaction, and I will share your comments with everyone here. I hope you will keep us in mind when you are looking for rooms here in North Scottsdale.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Overall it was a good stay…..the hotel was under construction….They were replacing flooring on the 1st floor forcing you to go outside to get to the elevator, but that wasn’t a big deal……

The room was nice (I had a suite)…..the ‘desk’ in the kitchen had a stapler, tape dispenser, pens, post-its…etc, which was a nice touch for a business traveler…..The hotel is in a great location with shopping and dining very close by, but it’s a little hard to find because it’s tucked back off the main thoroughfare….…..

The only fault I found was the sheets on my bed had a stain on them…it was obvious they had been washed, but there was still a small stain in the middle of the sheet so you’d think someone would catch it when making up the bed and not put the sheets on…..…..(Deducted a 'star' for this)....

Would I stay there again.....Yes

1  Thank jbwilkins

Thank you for your understanding and tolerance of our remodeling project, and please accept my apologies for the stained sheet. You are right, that should have been caught and replaced, and I have shared your review with our housekeeping team so this will not recurr. I hope you will give us a chance to earn that 4th star the next time you are here.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

We stayed over the Thanksgiving week. We were pleased with how well we were treated. Friendly staff :). Love the extras they gave us. 1st night in they had eggs rolls & fresh veggies for a snack. Then they next day it was pumpkin pies. We ordered room service w/ the kids was a fun treat.On our last night they gave us milk & cookies. We will definitely be back. Was well worth the pay. Thanks again

• Stayed: November 2011

It is so nice to get a review like yours, we really appreciate the recognition, thank you. I'm glad you liked the amenities and service we provide and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.