“Best grilled steaks and ribs Japanese style!”

Sushi Roku Scottsdale
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Description: Sushi Roku combines the finest, freshest fish from pristine waters around the globe with the kind of artistry that can only be provided by a mature sushi chef ensuring superlative traditional sushi, together with a splash of California innovation. Sushi Roku is a pioneer of contemporary sushi, incorporating diverse, non-traditional ingredients from Latin America (e.g. jalapeños) and Europe (e.g. olive oil) into its edible works of art. This unique culinary experience that bridges past and present is the result of an eagerness to embrace new ideas and a profound respect for tradition. Sushi Roku's bold and diverse menu also offers an array of hot and cold specialty appetizers and an extensive selection of exotic entrées.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Enjoyed a evening in Scottsdale at Roku. Always had a great meal when visiting. We got fitted in at last minute. We sat as the sushi bar and enjoyed watching the chef prepare all the grilled foods. If hungry not the best sear! If too close the smoke from he grill was a bit irritating. Staff here is extremely nice and smily. Loved our sirloin steak and their ribs, The sushi was excellent also. Chilean sea bass prepared very well..Enjoyed our evening here!

Date of visit: September 2019
jeffreyo575, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It's wonderful that you enjoyed your evening at Sushi Roku! Thank you for mentioning that your sushi was excellent, and that you received extremely nice service. The next time you're in the area, we'd love to provide you with another five-star dining experience!

Write a reviewReviews (211)

Reviewed August 25, 2019

The restaurant seats over 200 folks, if that's what you like. They also have booths and tables for large groups. I refer smaller sushi restaurants. The food was good but you are served a small amount for the price you pay. I liked the experience of this restaurant. I was shocked that the people I was with asked for a few things which were not listed on the menu. And they said they couldn't make them. These were items I see on the menus of other places, and have eaten at the sushi restaurant I most often go to. We were disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2019
jeffreyo575, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Dakota, thank you for visiting and letting us know you liked your experience and received good food. We're sorry not all of the items you were looking for were listed on our menu. Our team is dedicated to creating unique culinary experiences for our guests, and we always hope you can find something to enjoy on our bold and diverse menu. If you're ever in the area again, we hope you'll consider returning.

Reviewed August 12, 2019

We stopped by here one evening for sushi since it had good ratings and we love trying out different places. We made reservervations for 6 on a Thursday but they were not necessary at that time. It was starting to fill up on our way out though.

The food was relatively fresh and tasty. I think they could expand their menu a bit as we eat a lot of sushi and I was dissappointed in the limited selection. The pricing was relatively reasonable. I had the spicy scallop roll and it was fine but nothing worth remembering. We also had miso soup and edamame and both were good quality. Our server was friendly and attentive.

I walked away overall satisfied but may look for someplace with a wider menu selection if we are ever in the area again.

Date of visit: August 2019
jeffreyo575, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Thank you for checking out Sushi Roku and sharing your experience. We're pleased that you were satisfied with your meal overall, and that you found our service was friendly and attentive and food was fresh and tasty. Your feedback is appreciated, and if you're ever in the area again, we hope we can encourage you to return.

Reviewed August 8, 2019

We went to Sushi Roku in the W on our last night visiting Phoenix. I like to order "usual" sushi at a new place, so I can gauge how good the fish is, so I had Maguro (Tuna), Hamachi (Yellowtail), and Unagi (Eel) sushi, as well as a roll. The fish was good, without being great. I'm used to a chubby piece of rice with a piece of tuna (or whatever) that fits on top with a little overhang. The rice was so small, the fish here were hanging off the 2 sides. Soy comes in tiny teapots so you can't tell what kind you're getting, but my husband didn't think it was Yamasa. The Unagi did not have much sweet sauce on it, either. I ordered a spicy scallop roll, which I used to get when we starting eating sushi decades ago in New Hampshire. I was expecting cooked scallop with spicy mayo. This was raw scallop with a dollop of hot sauce, which was fine, and the best of what I ordered. My husband had the Tuna Jalapeño roll, which had raw jalapeño on it, as well as Toro Sushi (high grade Tuna) which was very expensive ($20) and not as good as we've had. The table was sticky, making me wonder about cleanliness, as we were the first dinner seating. Our server was friendly, but the food delivery system was messed up, since another guy tried to bring us food we hadn't ordered, and then almost delivered our food to the table next to us. Neither the chef nor the staff were firing on all cylinders the night we were there. Would not visit again. Expensive for the quality of food/service you're getting.

Date of visit: August 2019
jeffreyo575, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Providing high quality food and service is always our mission. We appreciate you visiting and detailing your experience, but we're saddened that you didn't fully enjoy your visit, and we'd like to make sure these concerns are addressed. Please send an email with your contact information to info@innovativedining.com. Thank you.

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

I will be that douche and say I’m a sake and sashimi snob. This place delivers on all front. If you really know your sakes and like the subtle difference of miyamizu as input water then this is your place. I recommend you don’t order from the menu yourself, talk to the excellent staff and tell them your likes, dislikes and sakes you want and let them bring the food. Not cheap, but you’ll leave having zero regrets.

Date of visit: March 2019
jeffreyo575, Guest Relations Manager at Sushi Roku Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

Our team is always happy to offer guidance and suggestions to help you find dishes you'll fully enjoy. Your high praise of our food and sake is appreciated, and we thank you for encouraging others to visit.