“Don't just get a steak!”
Review of Bourbon Steak

Bourbon Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 1,276 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Scottsdale
Description: BOURBON STEAK offers contemporary American fare with a focus on all natural, organic and hormone free cuts of beef poached and finished over the wood-burning grill. The signature Michael Mina’s Classics include Whole-Fried Organic Chicken with Truffled Mac & Cheese, American Kobe Burger with Duck Fat Fries, Maine Lobster Pot Pie.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I usually get a steak at a steak restaurant, tied the chicken and my husband the fish, it was delicious. Very pricey but amazing

1  Thank vivedetravel
There are newer reviews for Bourbon Steak

Reviewed September 16, 2013

A friend and I were at the Hotel where the restaurant was located and decided to go here for dinner. The prices were high (especially the drinks), but the food was very good. I wasn't pleased with how my steak was cooked, and they replaced it without complaint and several employees stopped by to ensure that the steak was cooked to my liking. I would really like to try the "Chef's 8-10 course dinner" next time I am in town.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

As regular diners each year when we visit we noticed straight away that a new chef was in the kitchen. Chris Curtis joined earlier this year and has put his stamp on the quality and food presentation and also an added bounce in the waiters step. Great to see as this should be a first rate place to dine. Please note that we only ate in the bar area so can't comment on the full restaurant menu - but would be disappointed to think that the quality and service would be any different.

1  Thank GMBLondon
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had an average meal here which was very expensive but the worst aspect was the excessively pushy waitresses who were obviously paid to sell as much food/wine as possible. We all felt very uncomfortable as a result. An example was at the end of the meal, our waitress was pushing a particular dessert dish and despite us telling her repeatedly we had had enough,her colleague came over and raised her voice shouting "DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!" in our faces! We were so shocked and upset it spoilt the evening for us and our guests. We would not recommend this restaurant at all and will never be returning.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Service was flawless all around, from the hosts to the bartenders to the servers. Friendly and professional.

The specialty cocktails we tried -- their old fashioned and gypsy -- were really excellent, which they'd darned well better be for those prices. Would order again without hesitation.

The food ranged from very good (trio of duck fat fries, foie gras appetizer, profiteroles) to excellent (pork chop with spaetzle, bourbon bar). The only disappointment of the night, and it was a minor one, was actually the steak. The online menu mentioned a ribeye, my favorite cut, but it wasn't on the menu at this location, so I got the New York strip. My medium rare was much more medium than rare, and it was flavorful but sadly a little tough. I've been looking for a great restaurant steak since I moved to Phoenix eight years ago and was hoping to finally find one at a restaurant called Bourbon Steak, but no; it was just very good. I wished I'd ordered the pork chop, which was phenomenal. My great steak quest continues.

The Bourbon Bar made up for the steak disappointment, though - chocolate + peanut + pretzel? That's like it was made specifically for me!

An excellent experience overall, but if I go again I'll order something other than steak.

2  Thank Laene