“Their Signature Appetizer Fries have been Changed!”
Review of Bourbon Steak

Bourbon Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 1,256 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Scottsdale
Description: BOURBON STEAK offers contemporary American fare with a focus on all natural, organic and hormone free cuts of beef poached and finished over the wood-burning grill. The signature Michael Mina’s Classics include Whole-Fried Organic Chicken with Truffled Mac & Cheese, American Kobe Burger with Duck Fat Fries, Maine Lobster Pot Pie.
Scottsdale AZ
“Their Signature Appetizer Fries have been Changed!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We are local and we love this restaurant, although it seems like every time we go we like it a little bit less. In April, a quiet dinner was ruined by a fire alarm that went of a half dozen times. They also no longer send guests home with their wonderful homemade caramels but instead hand them a small, disappointing bag of caramel corn.

This month we discovered the restaurant had revamped their appetizer fries. It seems to me if you revamp a product, the new version should be better than the old. In this case, the new fries are a pale version of the original.

A new item on the menu, halibut, was nice but certainly not in the category of memorable although recognition must be given for the accompanying risotto. In my experience, risotto is often not done well and the Bourbon chefs did a fabulous preparation job.

Visited June 2013
6 Thank laul0005

Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'm out here a lot for work. This place is always a must do. Pricey but worth every penny. This is a great place to take a client. Great bar tenders also.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mike W
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Will not be back.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been here before and to Strip Steak in Las Vegas many times and it was great, not this time. The food was average at best. I loved the fries, pork belly was very good. The entrees were cold and not medium rare as ordered. The meat didn't taste fresh, thought it might be previously frozen. The place was empty on a Friday night and that should have been my first clue. Our waiter was attentive for the first part of the meal but then got a bigger table and we couldn't find him. The water was lukewarm the wine was great, the spinach was very smoky and the horseradish mashed potatoes were excellent. I will not be back, save your money.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Deborah W
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

On a previous trip to Phoenix, my partner and I, had dined here and had such wonderful food. We talked about how good it was for some time after. Hence we could not wait to go back on our next trip to Phoenix.

This time however the food was just not up to standard.

I ordered Foie Gras with rhubarb and strawberries to start. The Foie Gras was not seasoned at all. A mistake I have seen many times. The strawberries were just too sweet to accompany the foie gras which does like sweet flavours but this time it was too much.

I ordered Filet Steak for entree. The steak was not seared well and had not been seasoned at all. Our waitress did offer to replace it but as my partners' streak was fine I declined.

We did not choose to have dessert.

The trio of french fries offered at the beginning of dinner, however, were delicious.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank georgiarain
Toronto, Canada
“Loved the steak”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I bought dinner and drinks for myself and three others and, while the menu is pricey, my bill came out to under $400. The steak I had was cooked perfectly, and tasted so good! And the mashed potatoes on the side was excellent. Eat here!

• Visited June 2013